Good Places To Buy A Cat Tree/cat Condo?

Mow Mow -^-^-

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anyone know a good store, website, or brand to buy cat trees/cat condos? They have them at the local petco, but I wasn't impressed with what was there, especially for the price. Most of their items were very wobbly, not very sturdy. Also my cat loves hideout holes!

Help appreciated!

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
20180929_140923.jpg
I got mine from Amazon for $80. GoPetClub.
20180929_114233.jpg
Resized_20181026_174227_9272.jpeg
The cats love it. I couldn't keep them off of it if I wanted to! It is sturdy and withstands Reese climbing up the sides and launching herself from the top on a daily basis without budging. And it keeps the nieces away from the cats to boot!

Last edited:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Krista loves the Furhaven Tiger Tough line. They are available on Amazon. And woot.com frequently has them on sale. Pretty sure I didn’t buy any of them full price.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

This is their Christmas gift so I can't tell you if they like it or not yet. It does get good reviews but my priority was that it doesn't look like a cat tree because of the space that it's going in.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can't find one cheap, and aren't Bob the Builder, ask around to local handy men/carpenter types and ask if they'd just build you one. It might not be fancy, but they can make it as large or as tall as you want!
If they don't have time, ask if they know any semi-retirees that might be interested. Sometimes guys who do things like building houses and roofing get out of it as they get older, but still like to build things.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
From left to right: The small one someone gave me the top part and I recovered it and covered a board and mounted it to it to give it some weight otherwise, Manny would just sling it around. The second one is from Pet Smart and is Whisker City brand. The third is a Frisco from Chewy...I think! It's a popular configuration that several brands use. The fourth I got from Wayfair. I can't remember the brand and it's the oldest of the store bought post so it may not be available. It's built like a tank though. The scratching post is a 4x4, high grade carpet, sturdy and, heavy! I think it was like $50 or $60. The fifth is another Whisker City from Pet Smart. The Whisker City trees are well built and high grade carpet. A bit pricy but you can catch them on sell for about $115 otherwise, I think they ran $130 to $150 range. They are the tallest trees they carried in the stores near me. Manny is 20lbs and they have held up nicely and he loves them. The Frisco is sturdy but the carpet is not as high of grade as the other tree's but, it's still not bad quality though. Considering it only cost around $80 on sale, it was well worth the money. It had the option of a large or small base and I opted for the large due to Manny's size and I plan to get a Maine Coon also. All of the trees picture will handle a large cat easily. I don't regret buying any of them. The scratching posts have held up well and, Manny's pretty rough on them. I also have a board located in the kitchen that I covered with carpet. It acts as a scratch pad/doorstop/door mat. Every cat I've had love it and, it's just a board covered in some left over carpet from my moms house. Just in case your wondering the exercise wheel is a One Fast Cat and caught it on sale at just under $200. It's put together very well and sturdy. Hope this helps!

IMG_4794.JPG

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From left to right: The small one someone gave me the top part and I recovered it and covered a board and mounted it to it to give it some weight otherwise, Manny would just sling it around. The second one is from Pet Smart and is Whisker City brand. The third is a Frisco from Chewy...I think! It's a popular configuration that several brands use. The fourth I got from Wayfair. I can't remember the brand and it's the oldest of the store bought post so it may not be available. It's built like a tank though. The scratching post is a 4x4, high grade carpet, sturdy and, heavy! I think it was like $50 or $60. The fifth is another Whisker City from Pet Smart. The Whisker City trees are well built and high grade carpet. A bit pricy but you can catch them on sell for about $115 otherwise, I think they ran $130 to $150 range. They are the tallest trees they carried in the stores near me. Manny is 20lbs and they have held up nicely and he loves them. The Frisco is sturdy but the carpet is not as high of grade as the other tree's but, it's still not bad quality though. Considering it only cost around $80 on sale, it was well worth the money. It had the option of a large or small base and I opted for the large due to Manny's size and I plan to get a Maine Coon also. All of the trees picture will handle a large cat easily. I don't regret buying any of them. The scratching posts have held up well and, Manny's pretty rough on them. I also have a board located in the kitchen that I covered with carpet. It acts as a scratch pad/doorstop/door mat. Every cat I've had love it and, it's just a board covered in some left over carpet from my moms house. Just in case your wondering the exercise wheel is a One Fast Cat and caught it on sale at just under $200. It's put together very well and sturdy. Hope this helps!

View attachment 259356
I've been looking at those wheels for awhile, thinking it would be great fun and exercise for the cats but even better amusement for me...

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
kittypa kittypa Thanks for the info in the other post about the enclosure. Seems they make a large variety of enclosures at varying prices. I did find one like yours though! It turned out great with the cat tress and tarp sides! Great for you looking after the local kitty's!

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been looking at those wheels for awhile, thinking it would be great fun and exercise for the cats but even better amusement for me...
I didn't think I would ever get Manny on it. He was scared to death of it at first like everything else. It's been sitting in there for I guess a year and he got use to it. Literally a few weeks ago I got him on it and he's figuring it out and starting to use it. I think it would be a lot easier getting a playful fearless kitten to use it but, with a little time even a shy scaredy cat like Manny will warm up to it! I don't regret getting it at all!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
:sigh: ~ My people home is a giant cat house these days ,..
I have a few from Chewy. com . They are good for the price ( cheap ) - made in China from particle board and cloth covering. Made in USA will be lumber and home grade carpeting, much more durable but much more expen$ive .

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just a heads up my friend just sent their Wayfair cat tree back TWICE for getting the wrong color. She bought the most expensive option and they keep sending her the cheaper color.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kitty Mansions is another option. They have a deluxe line with thicker and sturdier posts. I bough the Paris tree recently and it's so ridiculously huge, I couldn't put the top bed on because I ran out of height with my ceiling. :lol: Anywho, they seem worth the money and much more structurally sound.

Although I have two from Chewy that are made by Frisco, I believe, and they're smaller and a little wobbly but they've stood up well with my two cats and are definitely less expensive.