Good news for a change!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On Saturday afternoon I got a call from our mayor, to say she had a black cat that had arrived in her garden the previous day and was following her around meowing. She wanted me to go pick it up. I already have two strays in the house looking for adoptive families, so this was not welcome news, but off I went. It was a very affectionate little male, maybe 1-2 years old, who purred as I picked him up. I could not do anything till today, Tuesday, as it was a public holiday yesterday here in France, so he spent the weekend in a large cage, wanting head rubs and caresses every time I went past.

Today I took him to the vet, and he is chipped! We looked it up, made a call, and I have left him at the vet waiting for his owner to come and pick him up. The cat's name is Happy, and he has been missing since the 11 January. He was found about 10 miles (15 km) from his home, in an area that is very hilly and mostly forest and fields,with occasional houses and farms, so goodness knows where he has been all this time. But there will be real happiness in one family tonight!

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Missing for four months!  That's incredible.  The family must be ecstatic.   

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so heartwarming!  I'm sure he must have been much loved to be so friendly.  That's probably how he survived all this time, begging meals from strangers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The owner phoned me this morning to say thank you. He said the family had given up hope of ever seeing Happy again. Neither of us could offer any kind of explanation as to how he had ended up in our village. Maybe he got into a car or van, but that does not cover the long time he has been missing. He certainly was not in our commune before last Friday - we would have known, t here is a very careful watch now for strays. Anyway, all ends well, and the owner said next time he is in the vet, he will give a donation to be passed on to our Rescue Association.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
That's lovely.