Good for IBD?

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello all!
So I've been trying to research all I can to help my baby. She's IBD with the possibility of it turning to lymphoma Cancer.
I had NO clue that food allergies could possibly be the cause of IBD! So I'm hoping against hope that if I change up her animal protein, maybe her tummy & intestines will be able to heal some. I wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience with either of the two I was looking at. That's currently available at Chewy.
She's also had kidney stones & uti's, so I'm looking at keeping her urinary ph low with phosphorous & magnesium low.
&

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
No but my cat has ibs/small cell lymphoma and Farmina’s pumkpin and quail is great. Check out daft cat’s replies on IBS on this site…very helpful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was trying to stay away from bird, as my vet's partner told me if your cat has allergies to chicken, chances are it well be all poultry.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
O well of course listen to your vet, and there are a lot of good novel proteins out there these days (Boar, venison, bison, etc). I might avoid fish (just judging from the comments here on it). My cat was having diarrhea on chicken, but not quail & pumpkin! Go figure. Every cat is different with this though. What my vet said was. 1. Definitely keep it wet. 2. Introduce the new food slowly 3. introduce him to a protein he hasn’t tried before. Again, I’d just read everything daftcat has written on the subject here, it’s pretty thorough. For me I needed to KNOW and so went all out and had a sample of his intestine taken…more stressful for me than the cat, but worth the peace of mind. It IS weird nobody warns you about this IBD thing until it happens…I never knew about it either!

R@ch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a kitty with ibd and sadly the only thing he can eat is Stella and Chewys freeze dried raw rabbit. I add a little pumpkin purée because it can make him a little constipated. I tried everything else, seriously. I hope you find something♥

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Hey thought I’d check in with fellow IBD peeps and see how things are progressing: my Zorro has beat back his lymphoma but has to be on prednizalone (I can never spell it right) and take chemo for the rest of his life. I have 2 questions for y’all:

1. He is very well stabilized on his never ending diet of pumpkin and quail which he LOVES but I feel weirdly guilty bout always feeding him the same thing. I’m afraid to feed him anything else tho as changes cause runny poop and wondered if you IBD folks ever “treat” them to anything else. Instinct tells me not to.

2. His poop has gone from runny poop to pretty hard poops which other than the hardness look normal. Has anyone else experienced this change w/ IBD kitties? Now I’m worried it’s TOO hard but maybe I am just fussing.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey thought I’d check in with fellow IBD peeps and see how things are progressing: my Zorro has beat back his lymphoma but has to be on prednizalone (I can never spell it right) and take chemo for the rest of his life. I have 2 questions for y’all:

1. He is very well stabilized on his never ending diet of pumpkin and quail which he LOVES but I feel weirdly guilty bout always feeding him the same thing. I’m afraid to feed him anything else tho as changes cause runny poop and wondered if you IBD folks ever “treat” them to anything else. Instinct tells me not to.

My IBD cat eats mainly rabbit but I occasionally give him pork. His snacks have been venison lately but he's had beef / salmon and turkey before. These occasional other proteins have not caused any flare ups.