Good flea cat collar

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok so I need a flea collar recommendations please that is not gonna posion Scotty I got the owners permission to get one so what are some safe ones

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Honestly, I don’t recommend any flea collar. They can cause reactions on the neck, many don’t work, many are toxic including the “all natural or herbal” ones.

I personally like Revolution. The original one, not the plus.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you are in a position to use a topical that is OTC, then try Advantage II or Frontline Plus. Unfortunately, the Revolution (even the 'not Plus' version) requires a prescription from what I know.

I also know nothing about Only Natural Pet products, but there is at least one member on this site that has recommended them, - whether or not that includes the flea collars, I don't know.
Only Natural Pet EasyDefense Non-Toxic Flea & Tick Collar for Cats | Only Natural Pet

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have known people who swear by seresto, but my experience with the collars was not great. They are expensive, and IIRC Amazon sells them but they are not the same as the ones you get from your vet and have caused some serious reactions. Can you use a topical?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Part of the problem is not just the chemicals but safety. Collars get caught, which is why it's recommended that cats wear a breakaway. A breakaway flea collar is realitively useless.

My preference is to do a fleabath with Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo (original formula).

You may also be interested in this post: Beneficial nematodes for flea control

I have used Zodiac Spot On in the past for Nobel and Lily. be warned that any cat can have a reaction even to a realitively safe medication. Each cat will have their own sensitivities and potential allergies. You need to discuss use of products with a veterinarian. Always read the warning labels and keep watch for what the label says

ZODIAC® Spot On® II Flea Control for Cats & Kittens | cat Spot On | PetSmart

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
This cat will take me out if I even try

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I could try but she wants me to get that collar

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It doesn't sound like anything anyone here has suggested will meet your needs or the owner's approval. So, go with what you/they want and hope for the best. As mentioned above, most flea collars are not break-aways so that is an added issue that you must be mindful of. If you do find one that is a breakaway, then better buy a bunch of them. Good luck to Scotty and you.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
poot decided to come back home on my side so I have to get him a collar asap she gave up trying to keep him from coming over here so next check is a collar

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
poot decided to come back home on my side so I have to get him a collar asap she gave up trying to keep him from coming over here so next check is a collar
Let us know what collar you use, and how it works if you can! Best of luck. :)