Good Dog Nutrition Site

Chrissy66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Asking this for my mom as she like me has read a lot on the "JUNK" that they put in Pet Food. I was showing her the Wet Cat Food Ingredient Chart and like the way it went into detail on each brand of Cat Food. Mattie, her Maltese is allergic to All Dark Meat so limited to just white meat which has led her to Home cook her meals but would love a canned food for like when they are camping, etc.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can find dog food that has limited ingredients. Unless she is adding all the proper vitamins and suppliments into her food, home cooking can be difficult. It would be much better for her to eat a complete and balanced food appropriate for dogs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chrissy66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
jen jen yes she is doing that adding the proper vitamins and supplements to her food. She has looked at several brands and some of the ingredients either affect Mattie's breathing or it has dark meat in it which she is allergic to.

• Purraise
Reactions: jen

Chrissy66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks the only thing with the premix it has chicken and she is allergic.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks the only thing with the premix it has chicken and she is allergic.
If you were referring to Honest Kitchen, it has different varieties. My daughter's dog is allergic to chicken also but they use one of the choices without chicken. They have a base mix which has no meat and gives you the option to add your own additional ingredients, e.g. turkey, beef, duck, fish, etc.

Chrissy66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
neely neely no I was referring to the EZ Complete. She knows about stuff like this she was more looking for something along the lines of Canned Food that didn't have a bunch of fillers in it. She has special vitamins that she got from Dr. Judy Morgan's site so the premixes she doesn't need.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try Evangers canned food. You can get types that have just a single ingredient. These are not complete diets, but you could just add supplements or use it for a short time while camping.

She could also possibly try Primal freeze dried. There might be one that has the ingredients she is avoiding.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also look for facebook groups. I only know one specific to my breed (cardigan welsh corgi), but those tend to have the best feedback on brands and foods available.