Good-bye, Zoe

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We had to say good-bye to our sweet girl Zoe yesterday. She'd had lymphoma for some time. She held her own for awhile but lately was losing ground. She was losing weight, not wanting to eat, and yesterday she was dragging her back leg behind her. The poor girl had no energy left and it was time to let her go. She was just over 13 years old. We lost her brother Rico two years ago to the same horrible cancer.

Zoe was the goofiest, most loving cat. She never learned to meow properly, and her little squeak was the cutest thing ever.

We adopted Rico and Zoe together on New Year's Eve of 2009 and added Ozzy to the family a few months later. They got along wonderfully and we called them the 3 Amigos.
IMG_4613.JPG

IMG_3151.JPG

Rico, Zoe, and our grandson were babies at the same time. 💙
IMG_2847.JPG

I'm going to miss your bright spirit, my sweet baby. 💔
IMG_1006.JPG

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you can keep that adorable squeak in your memories forever, along with all the other happy, beautiful memories. Her love is safely tucked deep into your soul. You gave her everything she wanted, a home, care, family, and the love that she wanted most in this life.
Your home will seem a little emptier now, a little quieter. It takes time to heal that hole, it takes time to heal a broken heart. The bond of love you formed between the two of you is spiritual, so eternal. Nothing, not even death can break that bond. "Death cannot take that which never dies."
Do not dwell on her end, or the hole in your life. She loved life so much she would never want that. Go forward into the future knowing she lives through you, and live it as you would want for her to go on if you were the first to go. Christmas lights will forever remind you of your sweet girl from this time forward. Eventually their brightness will represent the brightness she brought to your life, the season will one day bring you joy once more as you reminisce about happy times you shared. For now your world is shattered and you mourn her passing.
She is at peace, she lived well and was loved. She offered you one of this world's greatest treasures. One you earn, not bestowed lightly. A cat's love, and you are so honored to have it......RIP precious Zoe. You will always be remembered, you will always have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you all for the kind thoughts. I am at peace with our decision to let her go, it was time. It will just take time to get used to the emptiness in the house. I'm grateful Ozzy is still with us, he's a wonderful little companion.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was truly beautiful that picture reminds me so much of my brigde boy Rebel. She had a wonderful life and a loving people what more could a cat wish for. RIP sweet Zoe :rbheart:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry I missed your thread but please accept my heartfelt sympathies and deepest regrets on the passing of Zoe. :hugs: She was a beautiful black beauty who is now playing and running free at the bridge with her brother, Rico. May her memories surround you and may you find comfort in knowing she found her forever home with you. RIP sweet angel.:angel:

marshmallow2013

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so very late to come to give my condolences for your sweet baby girl, Zoe. I’m deeply sorry for your great loss. Thank you for sharing the beautiful memorial stone to honor your little angel. :redheartpump::angel: