Good bye to my Sweet Girl Patina

trishc59

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, my it is with a broken heart we had to say good bye to our last kitty my sweet, sweet girl Patina.
Patina was the most gentle cat I have ever had the pleasure of being with she made our life pure joy all the time, all she wanted was her belly rubbed, and lots of love, she was talked you would always get answer if you called out to her. We had her mother and brother who both lived to be a little over 15. When you have multiple cats each loss is painful, but it always helped to come home knowing there were kitties that needed our love & attention helped ease our pain. Patina was out last and she was so well spoiled over this last year all she need do was meow and we would follow her, play with her, pamper her, she know she had us all to herself and she loved it. Patina developed kidney disease also this past year I gave her daily fluids I am so grateful to the time those fluids bought us to have her in our life for a longer period of time. She did well for the most part on the fluids she was active and even ran around like a kitten early December the day I was decorating the house for Christmas, I could not believe the burst of energy she had that day it was amazing.
Cats age so differently than dogs while they tend to lose weight they really don't go grey so Patina almost looked kitten like again, which makes it even harder to have to say good bye. A week before Christmas she was failing she did not move from her bed, she would soil it, we had to bring her food and water to her which she would really didn't touch. I could not watch her waste away on us and I did not want her to suffer, on the day I brought her to the vet to say good bye I held her in my arms kissing her and talking to her until she left this earth. She is my heart and miss her deeply. Patina would have turned 17 early 2022.

Patina December 2020 (8).jpg

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that you lost that adorable little Tuxedo girl, it is evident the love that you had for each other and also how well cared for she was, no wonder she lived a long life! But no matter how long the time it is never enough, but you will see her again someday down the line and it will be wonderful again. She is fine now, no more pain or issues, just fine, and she wants you to be too.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Patina, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful long life she had with you...but where there is love, an eternity would not be long enough! Now, from That Place Where All Things Are Known, Patina blesses you, and she sends her love for you, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trishc59

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Patina, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful long life she had with you...but where there is love, an eternity would not be long enough! Now, from That Place Where All Things Are Known, Patina blesses you, and she sends her love for you, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.
thank you so very much

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trishc59

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that you lost that adorable little Tuxedo girl, it is evident the love that you had for each other and also how well cared for she was, no wonder she lived a long life! But no matter how long the time it is never enough, but you will see her again someday down the line and it will be wonderful again. She is fine now, no more pain or issues, just fine, and she wants you to be too.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:
thank you so much for your compassionate words

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a lovely tribute to a beautiful girl. I'm so very sorry for your loss, it's heartbreaking to watch them decline and more heartbreaking to make the decision to let them go, but it's the most loving thing we can do for them in the end.

My heart goes out to you. Rest in peace, sweet Patina. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful tribute to such a lovely little girl.......
I know how much pain this brings to a family, each and every one of them is, and will forever be, a beautiful part of your past and always occupy a special place in your soul.
In times like these, I always cling to a special quote, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened". It's hard right now because the grief is too new, too strong, but eventually, you will find comfort in your sweet memories and not pain. Each and every death we live through reminds us of our own mortality, our own imperfectness, the emptiness in our homes, and our hearts. But the 'essence' that was your sweet girl will always live on, will always be with you, because it is spiritual, so eternal. She will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers, call on her to give you strength and she will answer. The bond of love you built over the years cannot be taken from you, will always be connected to your soul, will always be a part of you......
You gave that little girl everything she ever wanted in life, a wonderful home and comforting her when she needed it most. In death, you bring honor to her name by remembering and loving her forevermore. Her love will remain in your heart besides the others, made even stronger by any new loves you add in your life, please go into the future and live it like you would have wanted for her if you were the first to go. She would want it no different because that is love. Take care and take comfort in the fact that she is at peace because she has your love......RIP sweet Patina. You will be dearly missed, you will forever have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, my it is with a broken heart we had to say good bye to our last kitty my sweet, sweet girl Patina.
Patina was the most gentle cat I have ever had the pleasure of being with she made our life pure joy all the time, all she wanted was her belly rubbed, and lots of love, she was talked you would always get answer if you called out to her. We had her mother and brother who both lived to be a little over 15. When you have multiple cats each loss is painful, but it always helped to come home knowing there were kitties that needed our love & attention helped ease our pain. Patina was out last and she was so well spoiled over this last year all she need do was meow and we would follow her, play with her, pamper her, she know she had us all to herself and she loved it. Patina developed kidney disease also this past year I gave her daily fluids I am so grateful to the time those fluids bought us to have her in our life for a longer period of time. She did well for the most part on the fluids she was active and even ran around like a kitten early December the day I was decorating the house for Christmas, I could not believe the burst of energy she had that day it was amazing.
Cats age so differently than dogs while they tend to lose weight they really don't go grey so Patina almost looked kitten like again, which makes it even harder to have to say good bye. A week before Christmas she was failing she did not move from her bed, she would soil it, we had to bring her food and water to her which she would really didn't touch. I could not watch her waste away on us and I did not want her to suffer, on the day I brought her to the vet to say good bye I held her in my arms kissing her and talking to her until she left this earth. She is my heart and miss her deeply. Patina would have turned 17 early 2022.

View attachment 405668
Oh sweet Patina, how loved you are darling girl. I am so very sorry for the loss of your last baby, I myself am fearing this with my last senior girl who is around her age. We also suffered the lost of 2 babies within these two years, and it does not make it any easier. The empty spaces they leave, however painful, I pray fill up with the good moments and love we have for them. You gave her the entire world and stars, she was and IS loved so endlessly, a love that surpasses this world and carried her safely to the Rainbow Bridge. My heart goes out to you, and I must say she was so beautiful. Gorgeous markings, and just a gentle face. She was surrounded by love, constantly. Darling Patina, may you rest soundly, and may there be no more pain. Kidney problems are one of the cruelest things our senior babies deal with. How lucky she was, to have those fluid sessions and be cared for like the little delicate slice of heaven she was. Patina, we will all be thinking of you, and your wonderful parents, who did every thing they possibly could to give you a beautiful life filled with kisses and playtime. Sending you love, and strength kind friend. You are never alone, even in this awful grief, we are here for you.:grouphug::heartshape: