Good Bye My Best Friend

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry for you jtbo. It maybe not to much comfort for you at the moment but I've been through the same grief a few times and time is the only thing that really gets you to a point of acceptance.
We lost our precious Poppy to a car in September last year and although things got slowly better, there are still moments where all the memories flood back starkly. Slowly our emotions turned from pure anguish, guilt, anger etc. to a more considered, general sadness that is not as intense and hurtful. Obviously the time scale will be different for individuals but we can now discuss her without welling up and we look at her photos with sadness, yes, but not all consuming grief now.
Hang in there friend, I'm with you. :angel::redheartpump::hearthrob:

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Heart breaking! I'm so sorry :grouphug2:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How absolutely heartbreaking. My heart goes out to you. I hope you can take comfort in your memories of happier times and not dwell on this sad ending. It brings nothing but grief.
They fill our lives with love and happiness, they take a piece of our hearts with them when they leave. The hole it leaves takes a long time to heal and always leaves a scar. Time is the only thing that helps to soften the sharp edges. That sweet cat would never want you to be so sad. Live on and fill your life once more with happiness and sunshine, just as you would want for that beautiful little one if you were the first to go. The bond you have can never be taken from you. It is spiritual and not bound by the laws of this physical earth. The new path this sweet baby will now take will follow you for the rest of your life . One day your paths will cross again. For now grieve the loss of one so close to your heart, then celebrate having such a loving little soul in your life. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, take care of yourself.......RIP little one, you will never be forgotten and will always have a place in a loving heart. Good night, sleep tight!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jtbo jtbo ,
I'm so sorry for what happened to your beautiful cat.
It's terrible to see what happened, it's terrible to bear the grief and pain for his/her loss.
If you wish you can tell us something of your cat, we'll be glad to read how wonderful he/she was.
RIP beautiful Kitty, run free where there are no dangers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, it is too difficult, I can only cry with this:

Where one's adventure ends, there another adventure begins, only tears will remain forever in my heart.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One adventure leads to another, nothings is new, everything blends in.
Another cat will knock at your door and he will have something of your beloved Kitty in his eyes and heart.
One day you will feel ready to open that door and tell us something of this wonderful life so suddenly broken.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. We will be here to listen and appreciate all the wonderful things about your dear friend when you are ready to share them. :hearthrob:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've just noticed this thread now. jtbo jtbo I'm so sorry. Is that Mouku? What a terrible thing to happen.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I can understand that you don't want to talk about it yet. I hope you know that we are all here for you when you feel ready. Sometimes writing everything down helps you to process and move on. It can take a while for a loss like this to sink in.

I listened to the music. It made me think of Mouku proudly climbing up a snow covered mountain on the way to a new adventure.

When my beloved George disappeared 4 years ago I listened to this song over and over. I know it's not really your taste, but the words and the video are quite beautiful.

For I know one thing, Love comes on a wing.
For tonight I will be by your side. But tomorrow I will fly.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh JTbo, I am so sorry. If and when you're ready to talk, we'll be here. My heart hurts for you. :hugs:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am so sorry.. Your baby knew she was loved...and she loved in return.. ((Hugs)))

mom2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im so sorry for your loss, it's heart wrenching, I lost my baby June 25th and I cry everyday. He was only 4 and 1/2, I loved him more than I thought possible. He was the only thing that made me happy as I've had a rough time the last few years, but he kept me going. He'd been sick since I adopted him from a very unethical breeder. It does get better..I have to believe he is still here in spirit and can see me and knows how much I loved him. I talk to him everyday still, may be crazy, but it's all I can hang onto right now. I'll keep you in my prayers.