Good-bye, Hannah

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We lost our little Hannah on June 19, 2019. She had just turned 16 a couple of weeks before.

Hannah was 10 when we got her, one of four kitties we took in six years ago when a friend died. Hannah’s other three tribe-mates had all passed on before her. She hated our three resident cats so she’d been living by herself in the Cat Room and catio we made, but we didn’t want her to live out her days alone so we started trying to integrate her.

I always joked that she was twice the age and half the size of the 3 Amigos, and still kicked their butts regularly! She was a tough little thing. It took close to three years to fully integrate her. But peace finally prevailed and we had some good years with her until she developed IBD last year.

Her little body finally gave up the fight on the 19th. I wrapped her in a blanket and laid with her while she breathed her last, and she’s buried now near her kitty buddies in our back yard.

You were so loved, Hannah, and we’ll always remember and miss you. :hearthrob:

34EE080E-5FCA-4EB0-8757-2A437160CE2B.jpeg

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful life Hannah had to fill two families with joy and memories for this side and the other. Old friends to visit on both sides, well wrapped in love, now and forever, always together.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Hannah, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful girl she was, and is, and will always be! And although you miss her physical presence deeply, I know that her Love is with you still.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that you lost her, she is beautiful and she enjoyed a wonderful life thanks to you and how sweet of you to take 4 of them in and sorry about your friend passing too, wow.....but she had a good life with you and she is healthy and happy again and when you see her again she will thank you for all that you did and it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The way Hannah adapted to a new home as well as a new clowder and formed a deep emotional bond with you shows what a special girl she was. All the patience and work you put in paid off, so she was able to fully enjoy her golden years.

Rest in peace, little one. :rbheart:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. Hannah was a beauty.

She is now free from all the physical sufferings she had to endure, and carries your love and memories with her at the rainbow bridge.

Until you meet again.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dynamite comes in small packages and so did she. Sometimes the smallest of cats display an amazingly huge personality and strong will. Hannah will always be remembered for her toughness, I am so happy that she was taken in by you and showed what kindness and a family truly meant. You were there for her when she needed someone the most. I salute you for that.....
She will always be bonded to your soul, and although her new path leads her to different pastures, her path will forever be entertwined with your own. Beause of your care and love she lived to a ripe old age, and she had you with her when she passed, for that she will always be grateful. She died at home, surrounded by those who loved her, something we all pray for.
My heart goes out to you, I know how much this hurts. How thoughts of her will consume your mind, and bring pain and tears when you think of those last moments. It takes a long time to heal a broken heart. You have your precious memories of her in happier times to bring you comfort, try to remember her at her glory, taking on others who dared cross into her comfort zone, and her adoring eyes when she watched you, the one she loved above all else. My thoughts and prayers are with you all, please give those remaining sweethearts a kiss for me, tehy will miss her powerful presence too. Take care.......RIP beautiful Hannah. You will never ne forgotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. You are reunited now with those who have gone on before you, may the good Lord bless and keep you, until you all meet again!

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My condolences that hanna passed, she is a beautiful cat, her pose is striking in that photo which shows her strong personality. She lived a wonderful life thanks to you as you took her and her siblings in when her owner had passed on and that is the most loving thing a human can do. It is very sad to hear that she has moved on but she was sent to the next life still being loved and cared for till her last breath. She will look after you from above and her siblings buddies who have passed on before her will be guiding you and protecting you until you meet with them. They are in arms or gods angels in heaven.
Willow-Tree-With-Affection.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you all for the kind thoughts. :grouphug: It's amazing how hard it is to get used to their absence. You don't realize all the little routines you have with them until they're gone.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the kind thoughts. :grouphug: It's amazing how hard it is to get used to their absence. You don't realize all the little routines you have with them until they're gone.
When my Lola, who needed lots of care and attentions due to her health conditions, went to the Bridge, I found myself in the nearly uncomfortable position of having lots of spare time. Literally hours!
Previously my routine was taking care of her since 6 am, till midnight, or past midnight. All my time but the working hours was dedicated to her.
All of a sudden my routine was upset, she was gone, and I had so much spare time, and I didn't know what to do with it.

I feel what you feel, even now, more than two years later.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
I can relate. I didn’t realize how much time I was spending worrying about and caring for Hannah towards the end. It takes some time to get used to a new routine.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Betsy, I just saw this today. I don't visit this forum very much but I've been trying to pop in now and then since experiencing my own loss for the first time.

I'm so incredibly sorry about Hannah. I adore the photo you posted of her, she was such a beauty, what a gorgeous profile! As my people say, may her memory be a blessing, to you and the rest of your clowder :hearthrob::hugs::hearthrob:

SambaLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Hannah was a beauty. I lost my Samba on the 20th...so hard to see them decline and in pain...this was the hardest thing...

May Hannah rest in peace....<3