Good Bye Black Kitty

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just recently started feeding cats at a dumpster across the street. I found the body of a black kitty I was feeding. I think he may have been poisoned. I feel sad and helpless to keep the cats safe.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we are pretty helpless. They usually live such short lives and it can be heartbreaking. You know, at least you are trying to help them and you are helping a lot of cats. Bless you for that effort.

Rest in peace little black kitty. He has now gone where food and water are plentiful and the dangers of life are not to be found. :angel3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks orange&white, you made me cry, but maybe I needed to cry. Thanks Betsygee, when I feed them, I feel like they are "my" cats.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You gave that sweet baby a little comfort and love in his short life, something that was appreciated and treasured by these little ones of the street. Yes, it is heartbreaking to find one like this, I have found many on our busy street. None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow, we have to just love and care for them one day at a time. They love us and appreciate what we do for them above above all else, you were their angel here on earth, making their hard existance just a little easier. You will be blessed for your kindness, so many turn a blind eye to the hardships they suffer. Sometimes the heartache seems more than you can bear, but never give up on giving comfort to the homeless and unwanted, it is appreciated and needed more than you will ever know. The fact that their lives meant something to you is treasured, the fact that they have someone to mourn and remember them is priceless. My heart goes out to you, I'll pray that you find the strength to keep doing the compassionate acts you do. Take care of yourself and know we understand your grief.
RIP Black Kitty, you will never be forgotten, you know you will always have a place in a caring heart. May your journey to the Rainbow Bridge be swift, may you find the forever home you always wanted with the angels who look after you now. Sleep tight, little one!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry you had this happen, bless you for feeding them. That's how we started, feeding the strays right in our backyard, and after awhile we realized it would be easier if we just took them in, is there any way that you can take them in? I know sometimes it's not possible....or try to get them trapped and neutered and released, or maybe they could help look for owners for them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much di and bob. I always see how kind you are to people who have lost cats and I appreciate it very much now that I need to share my loss too.

Les26, no I can't take them in. I live in a tiny apartment with my own four cats. I have three kittens in my bathroom right now I am keeping for a week till are big enough to fix and go to a shelter. I also feed a colony at my apartment complex that I have helped to TNR. There are too many across the street for me to help.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much di and bob. I always see how kind you are to people who have lost cats and I appreciate it very much now that I need to share my loss too.

Les26, no I can't take them in. I live in a tiny apartment with my own four cats. I have three kittens in my bathroom right now I am keeping for a week till are big enough to fix and go to a shelter. I also feed a colony at my apartment complex that I have helped to TNR. There are too many across the street for me to help.
God Bless you for feeding them and doing the best that you can, are there any groups in your area that can help you with the care of them, any food shelters that can help you feed them? I know all too well how it is, we had so many strays right here in our backyard, and once you start feeding them word gets out and there are more and more....you wish that you could help them all, but it just isn't possible, but bless you for what you are doing!!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Little Black, dream you deep. Know this, in being "no one's cat," you have now become "everyone's cat" here, and your passing is marked and mourned.