Good bye Batman

John Perram

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had to send him on his way today. This cat took my heart with him. When he was well he would tuck me in every night. Sleep across the top of my head purring. I took him to the vet today because he was laboring to breathe. He had a mass in his lungs and in his stomach. Because of the Covid I couldn't even say goodbye.16 years 3 months he has been in my life. Good bye my forever friend.
Picture 1012.jpg

Batman showing off his hair cut.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. Even with his bat cut you can see he was a gorgeous cat who lived a long life surrounded by love and attention. I always believe when the seniors pass that somewhere they have the chance to be lively crazy kittens again. It is just a small comfort compared to the pain of losing them but I also believe we will be with them again some day. RIP Batman.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man another one gone that reminds me of my Sylvester because he also has to get a "Lions cut" twice a year so he doesn't get matted, I am so so sorry that you lost your friend of all those years. But since he lived a good long life it was because of you and your care so be proud of that, but there is never enough time with them is there? But you will see him again one day many years down the line and it will be a joyous reunion, and know that he is pain free now, just fine, no more sickness or disease just fine now.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss of that little friend, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

John Perram

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wish to thank you all.
No Heaven will not ever Heaven be. Unless my cats are there to welcome me.
Now I'm down to batmans sister rerun she is the same age. Rerun is on meds for hyper thyroid Her kidneys are starting to fail.

george775

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you lost Batman (that's the best name ever), you'll see him again I'm sure. Enjoy your time with Rerun and in time consider another cat. I lost George last week, he was 15. It's painful but I still have his brother who's also getting up there in age. I'll probably adopt another cat in a few months.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

John Perram

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you lost Batman (that's the best name ever), you'll see him again I'm sure. Enjoy your time with Rerun and in time consider another cat. I lost George last week, he was 15. It's painful but I still have his brother who's also getting up there in age. I'll probably adopt another cat in a few months.
I have already decided to bring another into the house. Like I told my wife it's best when you can make a forever home for another. I think we are just going to wait for rerun to pass I also have Sam but he's getting teeth pulled next month.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Batman, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Sixteen years is a lovely, long life for a cat, but...where there is love, an eternity is not long enough. I am going to give you a poem here. I hope it helps. And every word of it is true. Due to a most remarkable experience, I have seen That Place Where All Things Are Known, and I know.

Pawprints in the Summerland

There are pawprints in the Summerlands,
For I have seen them there.
They flirt in the shadows along
Tumbling, laughing streams.
They pace majestically over
The Bones of the Mother
Thrust through the Earth
On mountain tops...
They flow gently through
Meadows filled with flowers
Or gambol beneath willows,
Dancing among the red capped mushrooms
of Faery Rings lit by the full moon...
So often the footprints of children
Run beside them, these pawprints,
And the somehow slow footprints of the elders...
They keep company with our furred ones,
Our feathered ones,
And yes, even our scaled ones
Who shared our homes and share our hearts even yet.
Sometimes those prints turn back,
Back towards the Bridge
For they are mindful of us,
And await our coming
For us to add our prints
in joyous reunion.
There are pawprints in the Summerlands,

For I have SEEN them there.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
You gave him 16+ wonderful years and I am sure he is forever grateful for that. I always dread to read another post like this because I know it really hurts to lose a beloved best friend.

Here's sending you all my warmest sympathy and prayers. May you find solace in all those wonderful memories you and Batman shared together.

Until you meet again.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, I know how very painful this can be.
His little soul will always be tied to your own, love is spiritual, so eternal. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. I pray you can find comfort in the fact you gave him a wonderful home so full of love for over 16 years, it is all he ever wanted in life. He is a beautiful part of your past now, but you will share the love he left with you and it will bring you happiness in the future. Any future loves will add to what he left you, bringing him peace and letting it grow even stronger.
For now, concentrate on the routines in life, comfort comes from familiar actions. Give Rerun and Sam the attention they crave, they also miss that familiar little face, and need comfort too. Enjoy every minute you spend with them, for no one knows how much time we will be given.
It takes a long time to heal a broken heart, and time is truly the only thing that does. My thoughts and prayers are with you all, please take care of yourself and those who love you.....RIP beautiful Batman. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, I'm sorry. It's devastating to lose a furry friend who's been part of your life for so long and given so much love and companionship. My heart goes out to you.

Rest in peace, sweet Batman. :rbheart: