Good by, Blakie my friend!

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Blakie was a condo cat, a pure, elegant black cat.
I used to say him/her Hi! every time I passed by his/her green "home plot", near the entrance in my condo.
Once I gave him/her wet food leftovers from my tom cat. Another time I admired his/her gracious steps through the grass.
In my imagination, I perceived Blakie as a friend of my tomcat, who is a indoor cat.

This morning I saw his/her last spasm in the street. Certainly, he/she was hit by a car.

Nothing I could do.

Goodby, Blakie! I will miss you every morning. I wish I showed you more Love and care!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You were Blakie's friend, and to him/her that meant everything. I'm so sorry you had to witness the horrifying end, as I well know the street is a very dangerous place, even to those used to the danger. For Blakie to die in front of you, a wonderful comforter on this forum, must mean you were meant to be present to give comfort one last time to that sweet little soul. It breaks my heart to know one more little one was taken by the streets, I will pray for that little soul, and that you will be blessed for showing such kindness to one that needed it so much. Bless you, solomonar solomonar , for what you do here at this site and in your life also, you are a friend......RIP dear Blakie. You will be missed, you will always have a place in a dear friend's heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very sad news but so glad you bonded with Blakie. I know how the bond between a street Tom can be. We have one indoors now and we saved him, hopefully, from the life on the streets. TY so very much as he will be seen by you again in the afterlife. He is at Rainbow Brigde awaiting us all.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those of us on this site that love cats as much as we do, love ALL cats, some more than others, but all just the same. I get a hurt in my soul when I see a homeless stray. I cry for all the suffering, the hard, hard life these abandoned little ones endure. I do what I can for the ones around me. For the kittens born to a life of hardship through no fault of their own, for all cats who need a kind word, a good meal. I rejoice for all the kind compassionate people like you, who take time from their busy lives to offer a kind word, comfort to those in need.
I will cry for your Blakie, will give thanks that he had you when he needed you so much. Will mourn for his passing and pray for his tiny soul. He will be remembered, and that will give him peace.