Good alternative to Wellness wet food?

kalico

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, hope your week is off to a good start.

The last time I posted around here was for support during my cat’s palliative time right up until her euthanization.Two years later and I adopted a mom and her kitten:)

I’ve only ever fed Wellness wet food on my vet’s recommendation about 17 years ago. They get a bit of wet food in the morning and evening and free feed a set amount of Royal Canin Fibre Response dry food. My cats are fine with Wellness but it’s beginning to break the bank.

The pet store I use suggested Canada Fresh or Merrick as alternatives. Does anyone else have suggestions?

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is a cat food deals thread that gives heads up to specials online and in stores. Worth keeping an eye on the thread, as you may be able to pick up deals.
I tend to rotate a few foods at a time and include Wellness.
What variety do you feed as they have a few in their wet food range.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you buy the big 13.5 oz cans? That's what I feed and use a lid saver to last for several meals. I've found it a pretty decent deal that way rather than the smaller cans.

I don't have suggestions for other brands, just the way to get the most for your money with Wellness.

John Perram

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I always feed my cats friskees pate. All lived past 16 years.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Merrick is just as pricey as Wellness, if not more for some flavors. I just watch for sales and stock up.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Merrick and Wellness chicken options have looked and smelled the same to me but I haven't compared labels or prices. I've only ever bought either when I have found them on clearance.