Gone to soon

Scratchy Bitey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little scratcher Lola was hit by a van outside our home this afternoon. She was gone instantly. We are all devastated. It was her birthday tomorrow. My 3 year old can't understand. My 7 year old is struggling to deal with his emotions. And I am lost. She was my very first cat. I was her mumma. All my other pets have been my parents truly. I am heartbroken. I can't even believe it.

KeiAlways

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry. ❤ If you feel like it, could you tell us what your favorite thing was about Lola?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Scratchy Bitey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She would rush to greet us whenever we got home. She would purr so loudly. Not often but when she did you knew she was truly happy. I never heard her hiss. She used to suck her tail for comfort. She would slide down my kids slide on her tummy. She was a bit bitey but never in a mean way. We loved her. I can't believe she's gone.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry, deeply. I can understand how devastated you and your family are, considering the manner with which Lola left you.

Please hang in there, and be strong.
Sending you my virtual hugs.

John Perram

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hope you all make it through the grief caused by the loss.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry, it truly changes a person's life when something like this happens......
The same thing happened to me and I realized the only way to keep them truly safe is to keep them indoors. The outdoors just has too many real dangers. If they insist on going outside, there are many ways to get a safe, enclosed 'catico' for them to enjoy.
The images in your mind will never go away, but in time they will fade and retreat to a place where you can deal with them. You gave that sweet little one a great life, she thanks you for it. There is no way you could predict something like this would happen, accidents happen to good people and there is really no way to change things. The past is where it belongs.
The bond you and your family have with that little girl will never be taken from you. It is spiritual, so eternal. Send her love with your thoughts and prayers, she will send what comfort she can, back. She would never want to be the cause of such pain to those she loves so much. Just as you would want for her, if you were the first to go, so she wants for you. That is love. Go forward into life and let another little love enter your hearts. To reside beside hers and let it grow even stronger with the sunshine and happiness it would bring into your heart. She will forever be a part of your soul, her new path will forever parallel your own.
The human soul cannot bear such pain forever. It is meant to live because it is alive. And living means seeking beauty and happiness in being alive, and love is part of that happiness. So take a breathe and know that means you are alive. Mourn her for being gone from your lives, it is a great honor to be remembered and loved after death. Then slowly start to put your world back together, gathering comfort from those around you who miss her too, and giving them what comfort you can. Get back into living, because that is what your soul demands. To dwell on sadness and grief brings nothing but pain and suffering. You have started on a journey that no one wants to have, the journey through grief. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and we are here to testify to that. But you will one day thank God for having her in your life, for gaining what that sweet girl left you. There is a saying that says it all...."Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened"......but it all takes time and a lot of it, one day at a time......RIP precious Lola. You will be dearly missed, you will forever have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Last edited: