Golf Course Kitty is a stray?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat Grrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yea! I’m so glad you have her
I am soooo in love with her. I have been yearning for a cat since my darling Petal died October 31. My life now has joy in it!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If owners show up, you can even lean on them a little bit and beg to let you have her and even offer some money which should cinch the deal. No microchip or tag though, so I doubt you will find anyone coming. And, as you say, without those kinds of proof, you have the right to ask for pictures or vet records.

Cat Grrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And here is her beautiful self….Purry
BDC73B00-E858-4483-A920-A33110998FEB.jpeg

If owners show up, you can even lean on them a little bit and beg to let you have her and even offer some money which should cinch the deal. No microchip or tag though, so I doubt you will find anyone coming. And, as you say, without those kinds of proof, you have the right to ask for pictures or vet records.
Yes; pictures and vet records. However, as you say without a chip or tattoo it is unlikely anyone is coming for her. How long do I have to wait to officially call her mine? She has a vet appointment with my vet for August. Is there a law? I am in Canada, so….?!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
She is beautiful and looks so happy in your home. I do not know Canadian law, or if there even is one in this case, but I have never been questioned about bringing a new cat to my vet or about bringing in a feral to be TNRed. You advertised and no one claimed her, so for me that would be the end of it. One member in GA had a little blip with a vet about a friendly feral in which the vet told her that she had to turn the cat into the shelter first. We assumed, as the thread played out, that the vet she called who was not familiar to her simply did not want to deal with ferals. She called another vet who had no issue with the cat's past and it has now been adopted by the member.

Cat Grrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have done what I can to find her owners. She has a vet appointment in August (soonest they could see her). I never thought that vets would not want to deal with ferals. Of course they are human and have their reasons. Hard as it may be for me to understand why they wouldn’t want to help one of the most beautiful creatures in the world! My vet’s office made the appointment for me without even having a kitty name to put down. I have a very good cat vet. Thanks for your support. It means a lot.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Even here on TCS members post accounts of having been told not to bring their sick cat to the ER or of having trouble finding a competent vet. It is a mystery to me as well. My vet is very good about appointments and for ferals even just puts down a number like Feral #7 and lets it go at that. Keep us posted about Purry and her new home.

Cat Grrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she will be an indoor kitty fur-ever more….and she does not like it. Too bad, sorry Purry. I don’t know if she has been spayed, I doubt it, since she has no chip or tattoo. It is possible she could be pregnant now. Hope not. The vet will tell me when she sees her in August.. Thanks for your support.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to tell from your photo if she is pregnant or not because she is currled up. If you could get one of her stretched out and her nipples it might help.