Golden British Shorthair breeders

NekoHK

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello - I'm new to this forum and came across the site as I've been doing a lot of research on BSH cats. I always had a cat growing up and I've set my heart on getting a Golden British Shorthair but they are hard to come by! Particularly in Hong Kong where I'm based. Have any of you bought a cat from an overseas breeder without visiting the breeder in person? I've found a couple breeders but I won't be able to travel to visit them due to COVID travel restrictions. I'm curious to know other peoples' experience with this. Also if you know of any Golden BSH breeders I should speak to, please let me know!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about BSH but golden in Persians is NOT an easy color to work with so there are fewer breeders, which could possibly be the case for the BSH. As for importing, I have never done it but if I did I would only do it from a breeder that I have known for a long time and have seen examples of their cats owned by others (in person - not photos).

HeyMax

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As far as I know, there are quite a lot of BSH breeders in Shenzhen. I'd suggest you wait for a while and visit there to get one.