Going Under the Knife Tomorrow

elinor

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just need a little support. My two Rocky and Gabby are getting fixed tomorrow. I am a little nervous about it.

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2 days from now this will all be a memory. they will have recovered and will be running around like idiots again

hang in there until then!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
just to clarify, 'idiots' means running around manically, knocking things over, chasing each other, wrestling around on the floor and you can't help but laugh at them.

mine act like idiots all day long....

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Elinor,

I know exactly how you feel, I've had a few cats (to say the least) in my life and I can't remember one time not feeling the same way.

I'm kinda glad (no disrespect) that you do feel that way. It shows how much you love your kitties.

Try to remember that this procedure is not major surgery for a male cat and that even though it really rots (the thought of taking away his catmalehood); the upside of it all is no more kittens added to this already overpopulated kitty world.

I guess I would suggest talking to your vet before the surgery (I'm sure he'd be delighted to talk with you. They'll be fine
One thing you might want to remember, they're going to be sore...OUCH.

By the way, if those two are your kitties...they sure are beautiful

Love, Peace &

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elinor- Just remember that the boys will feel great again in a day or two. I will be thinking about Rocky and Gabby tomorrow morning and will add them to my kitty get-well prayers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elinor

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys for your replys and support. I just dropped them off so they will have their surgery around 10:30. They have a way of making you feel so guilty. They were as good as gold all the way over and just sat in their carrier looking up at me the whole way
My hubby said he would pick them up but I wont let him. I took them there and I have to be the one to bring them out of there. Sounds crazy but I feel that they would not forgive me for leaving them. Maybe I am just too sensitive but I just have to be the one to take them back to where they feel safe.

Catarina yes the pic is of Rocky and Gabby. Rocky is the black and white Gabby the grey and white. Thankyou I think they are beautifull too.

studio224

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So Elinor,

are they running, playing? How are the little guys?

Anne-Claire

elinor

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks again for your replys. I picked them up yesterday around 4:00. They were still really woozy. When I got them home they could not walk properly and looked a little drunk.The poor things. I kept them in their room as I didnt want them trying to go up or down any stairs.
They started to pick up a bit a couple of hours later but they stayed in the room all night with us visiting. They wouldnt eat a bite even their favorites. I left dry food for them all night and I noticed this morning they ate that. They are moving around ok but still really tired. I guess it will take a few days. Thanks for asking about them.

I would have replyed sooner but I was a kitty nurse all evening.

Debra I agree that its been almost as hard on me. I am worn out.

gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I remember ours were a little quiet for a day or so after they got spayed and neutered. They will be back to their old selfs in no time.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Elinor
My hubby said he would pick them up but I wont let him. I took them there and I have to be the one to bring them out of there. Sounds crazy but I feel that they would not forgive me for leaving them. Maybe I am just too sensitive but I just have to be the one to take them back to where they feel safe.

Dear Elinor :daisy::angel2:

That is so sweet of you
and I would feel exactly the same way, it doesn't mean you're too sensitive. Not, in my book! I just think it means you're a great person with a beautiful heart!
Hugs to {{{{Rocky and Gabby}}}}

Love, Peace &
:daisy:

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad your furbabies came through the surgery okay! They are SO adorable!!

elinor

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just want to thank you guys again for your thoughtfull replys. Catarina thankyou very much also for your very kind remarks.