going to get all the cats fixed soon

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

we are going to bring all my cats in next Wednesday, what advice do you have after surgery at home? should i go buy feliway? any other calming stuff?  
I've had SEVERAL cats fixed in the past years and have never had any problems with them. I do keep them in their carrier for about 8 hrs after surgery just so the meds can wear off and they won't hurt themselves. I will feed just a spoonful of wet food about 2 hrs after I pick them up. They won't want to do too much for the first day but lay around. All you have to do is make sure you keep an eye on them so they won't lick their incision.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish you luck with momma cat.

I've never heard of charging more for males.....here the males are $114 which includes vaccines, neuter & pain meds - females are $140 which includes vaccines, spay & pain meds.

I use to use a low cost clinic but it's gotten hard to get the cats to them (they are in another city) and they keep them overnight so I just use my regular vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh it 40 for males and 60 for females

maiaelizabeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow is the anniversay of Maia's spaying. I am so glad that I was unemployed back then because I could not have left her alone. First of all I cried when I left her at the vet. I cried when I picked her up. I cried when I brought her home and put the ecollar and she didnt like it. I cried when she wanted to leave the bathroom. I did not sleep that day and the following days I woke up at every hour on the dot to go check on her. She was spayed a Thursday, so on Friday my boyfriend took over watching her because I had not slept since Wednesday and I told him to stay with her in the bathroom. I wake up and he was in the kitchen, I freaked out and asked why he had left her alone. He said "oh its just been 20 minutes since i left her" I go inside and Maia had taken off the collar. She had licked her incision and it was red. long story short  I spent 10 days on the bathroom with her. My butt hurt a lot. And Foley got mad. At the 10th day i took her to the vet to make sure everything was fine. And thank God it was. I never ever wanna go through that again. So emotionally draining. 

Foley's foster had him neutered and vaccinated. I picked him up about two hours from where I live and she only charged me $20. She gave me all the records and receipts of what he had done.

Back then I didnt know of the ear tip and I was outraged. We thought that someone had done that to him torture like. 

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we going to get mama fixed on Wednesday.  

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how much longer should i keep mama inside? all of the kittens are doing well, haven't see or notice any problems with one of them.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
With the feral cats I TNR I usually keep the female cats in for at least 48 hours, just to give them time to recover. There are rarely any problems but if Mama cat pulls her stitches you'll need to get her back to the vet, so keep a close eye on her. She'll let you pick her up and take a peek at the incision, right?

I'd say keep her inside and away from the other cats for the first few days to give her time to recover from her operation. That way you can make sure she is eating, drinking and using her litter box before you let her out. Hopefully she won't have any problems either.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she will let me pick her up but she might put up a fight if i try look at it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You won't need to touch it, just a quick peek to make sure it's not bleeding or red and inflamed.

Vibes for a trouble free spay.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time I had a mama cat spayed, she was sore for 3 days and didn't want to move at all during that time. I put a litterbox near her bed, and her food and water dishes nearby, and she recovered just fine. Your mama cat might not take it that hard but a cat who's had babies is naturally going to be more sore than a young kitten who's never been pregnant. I'd just let her show you how to deal with it. If she wants to stay by herself for a week, let her, but if she wants more freedom sooner, let her do that. Whatever she's comfortable with.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the female kitten have been gagging for few days and finally puked, and she won't eat but she will drink. trying to get mom to take her in 

the puked was some sort of white form

we use clumping litter so she might ate some, i told dad to get the non-clumping stuff

Last edited:

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i kicked everyone else out to make sure she still using the litterbox just fine

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she was eating fine yesterday

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i read the white foam is a sign she not eating for at least a day, yesterday she was eating but yet again i don't know because i go outside to feed the else so she might stopped eating after i leave

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i tried to get her to play but she won't