Going on holiday need all the help

Luna92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey, I'm going on holiday next week and am having a pre holiday panic.

I have a 8 month old kitten who I'll be leaving behind, she'll have two of my friends looking after her (separately) they'll be staying over for two nights than checking up on her the other 5 nights, which is great. The only problem/s is that she had bladder problems a few months ago due to stress/anxiety, which is now cleared up and she's much more confident now, still I feel extremley selfish for leaving her mostly alone.

I was thinking about buying her a toy that moves by itself and either lintbells yucalm tablet, beaphar calming spot on or pet remedy diffuser... if anyone has experience with any of these products or has any tips or reassuring stories please share.

Its my first time leaving her for longer than a day and I know I'm being slightly dramatic but I am anxious especially as she makes up a lot of noise and cries when I'm not there (I run a airbnb and get cat reports from my guests 😂)

(Sorry for the essay)

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are so independent they generally take a week in stride. Maybe act a little nervous around you when you get back for a tiny bit, usually not very long at all I had one pee in our suitcase when we got back, but that was the outlier. I've never left a cat with anxiety issues though, and that could be different of course. One of our current cats had static-cling level affection when he was younger, I don't know that we left him for days when he was still at the static cling level though, and the others were all more independent than that. We have a new kitten now that is still kind of at the static-cling level; she did fine left for the weekend with her big bro cat recently.

I have no insight into the herbal products or battery operated toy, but I'd certainly try anything at least a couple of days before you leave to make sure there isn't a weird reaction.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have a 8 month old kitten who I'll be leaving behind, she'll have two of my friends looking after her (separately) they'll be staying over for two nights than checking up on her the other 5 nights, which is great. The only problem/s is that she had bladder problems a few months ago due to stress/anxiety, which is now cleared up and she's much more confident now, still I feel extremley selfish for leaving her mostly alone.
Would it be possible for your two friends to alternate staying over the remaining five nights? If not, could they visit her twice a day instead of once at night? We recently went away over the Thanksgiving holiday so I understand your concern. We have our pet sitter visit twice a day and spend at least one-half hour with our cat.

I would probably hold off on the herbal supplements since you're leaving soon and don't know what effect, if any, they will have on her.
Here are several threads from members about calming diffusers that may be helpful:
Feliway Diffuser Alternatives
Feliways:do They Really Help???