Going Away On Holiday For The First Time

MrsCassandra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello cat people!

I have two lovely kittens, around 9 months old who are pretty much like siblings despite having met about three months ago. They are both very attached to me, and I to them. Often they both prefer just sit near me in my study, watching me, rather than go out or go about their own business!

Within a month I have to go abroad and although I have considered taking them with me it is not feasible.

A friend is coming for the first week and I am sure I'll manage to find someone for the second week.

However, I am worried about them feeling abandoned if they don't see me for so long and that this may affect their relationship with me.

Any thoughts?

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I travel at least twice a year for two to three weeks. I have someone come twice a day to feed, play, and clean the litter boxes. I do think it is easier when you have two as they are companions with each other between visits. My sitter also adds food to the bird feeder to keep the show going outside the window for their entertainment. I get updates and photos at least every other day. My current two cats are just now a year old and they were perfectly fine in December when I was gone for 10 days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MrsCassandra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Are your cats indoor only or do they normally go out?