Going Away From Home & Worried To Leave My Kitty With Some One

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone,
So we're going camping for 4 days and I have some one staying in my home to spend some time and feed Skye but I am worry sick to my stomach.
Skye eats 1/2 a can or pouch of wet food in the morning and 1/2 in the evening with dry food in between. As some of you know I've been in the site seeking help on how to get Skye to eat her wet food because she's pretty finicky about it and changes her mind on it very often.
She eats weruva and cat in the kitchen, when I really can't get her to eat it I give her some Fancy Feast ( she's not a fan of it but she'll eat some)
So I'm planning on telling the person carrying for Skye to serve Skye a whole pouch of C.I.T.K in the morning and a Can of Fancy Feast in the evening ( Skye won't eat the whole thing but I think it's easier to do that temporarily rotation until I'm back home) I really am worry about her not eating her wet food. She drinks a lot of water and eats pretty good her kibbles.
Do you guys think this is a good idea?
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this thread and all the help you guys have given me!
:heartshape: G.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sounds like a good plan to me. Is the person going to be leaving her some dry during the day and staying long enough to pick up the uneaten remainder of wet food when your kitty is done? I love camping! Have fun and try not to worry too much! :heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sounds like a good plan to me. Is the person going to be leaving her some dry during the day and staying long enough to pick up the uneaten remainder of wet food when your kitty is done? I love camping! Have fun and try not to worry too much! :heartshape:
Yes she is.
Thanks, I love camping too but I don't like to leave Skye

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I felt the same leaving Olive for the first time. I feed her three times a day only wet food, but the cat sitter only came twice a day. So we fed her half a can in the morning and half at night and we left a bunch of kibble in a puzzle feeder.

She was totally fine though. You are prepared, you have a cat sitter coming twice and you provided good instructions. Even if Skye is picky about the wet while you are gone, four days of kibble is entirely healthy and fine.

Will that cat sitter text updates in how she is and how she ate? That helped me when I was gone for a week.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband feeds our cats when I travel but I still get nervous about them since cats are such creatures of habit and Ireland's such an inconsistent eater! Part of that, of course, is just that I miss them. (I once chose a hotel specifically because there was a cat in residence!)

I'm sure everything will be fine, GGG, particularly since someone will stay with Skye and she'll get fed twice a day. One thing to keep in mind is that sometimes cats (ours, anyway) take a day or two to get back to their usual appetites, so don't worry if it sounds like Skye's not eating as much as you'd like on the first day. And, as KarenKat KarenKat said, she'll be fine if she eats mostly dry food for a few days. (Though of course I'd worry about that, too!)

Enjoy your camping trip!