Gohan Is Two-dimensional!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
and healthy! Promise. But he is soooo skinny we often joke that he only has one lung because how could you fit two in there! He eats, plays and does kitty pull-ups on cat furniture just fine. And we can feel a layer of fat over his ribs, so he’s not underweight.

He weighs over 11 pounds because he’s so tall!

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think Gohan shares a body type with Juniper, who is also very long and lean. You can feel her little hip bones when you pet her, which alarmed me so much that we asked the vet about it. Fortunately, he confirmed that she's a healthy skinny girl. And of course we feed her well.

Here you can see how lean she is...

20180817_105927.jpg

She's only 7 pounds, but when she stretches all the way out, she's very long...for scale, she's about as long as my femur in this picture, and I'm 5'7''.

20181112_222942.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, Juniper is quite skinny! If we put them together we would have a whole cat, lol!

Here is Gohan by the window, tortie for scale. Olive is the same weight as Gohan, but she’s short and stocky and the vet said she’s not overweight but we shouldn’t let her gain anymore. And Gohan is 3 bites away from starvation.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Funny how they like to sit with their back arched, which makes the difference less obvious.

:flail:"tortie for scale"

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
What’s funny is his natural stress reaction is to sit like a loaf of bread and stay like that as if he was made of stone. Most often the vets never really know how lanky he is. We had a vet visit where he had to walk for the vet and as soon as he started slinking around she exclaimed how he’s such a long kitty, lol.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, aliceneko aliceneko ! He is, but he is also very serious :salute:

Randall and so I like to compare our cats and how they interact. Olive is a bundle of chaotic energy, running around with abandon and careening through the house. Gohan is usually single-mindedly focused on something - seriously investigating a new item in the house, seriously playing with a toy, seriously sitting on paper. Olive keeps trying to play with him - she doesn’t even touch him, she just buzzes the tower hoping he’ll chase her but he normally sits there kind of stunned that she had the gall to do that. Randall put it best (for you Marvel fans): Gohan is like Drax trying to play the card game War. He doesn’t understand the metaphorical name and thinks every time they play it’s to the death.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
So His Prince of Darkness, Gohan, enjoys his food warmed up. We heat it with warm water in a little baggie, adding 5 minutes or so to the prep time. He seems to eat more excitedly with warmed food (even when it started at room temp.). Olive, on the other hand, doesn’t seem to care so we just plop her food in her bowl. When Randall helps feed them, I have to wait to prepare Olive’s meal until he’s ready with Gohan’s.

Well last night I wasn’t paying attention and the cats were meowing for their dinner and so I put Olive’s bowl down. Randall has not even begun the warmup process. The look of confusion followed by the irate glare from Gohan! Oh man!

^The look of your cat when dinner isn’t ready and on the table.