What if I don't want to stay calm?
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please Help Me Save Patter {GoFundMe link}

Patter has an arterial embolism / blood clot
My post on the Health forum for moral support, details, input, whatever

GFM text:
Patter is my sweet 7.5yo tabby girl.

Late Monday night, she started limping really bad.
By Tuesday morning, she had totally lost all control of both back legs. She dragged herself around on her rear-end with her front legs.
Her vet got us in right away.

Her vet believes that she has "thrown an embolism." A blood clot had formed, has traveled thru an artery, and is now causing partial blockage. That blockage is affecting her leg muscles due to the decreased blood flow.

She was put on some strong pain meds. Three days later, she's able to use her legs a bit for very short distances. This is a great sign, but she is far from "ok".

SHE URGENTLY NEEDS to see a Specialty Vet and have a Cardiac Ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis, so that we can start treatment asap.

TREATMENT will involve an anti-coagulant to break up the clot, and blood-thinners to prevent another from forming.

WITHOUT TREATMENT, THERE IS ONLY A 50% CHANCE SHE WILL SURVIVE.

The Specialty Clinic and ultrasound are expensive, and we need your help!

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

P+P's Meom

Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes! I have the asame fundraiser on PayPal.
Wasn't sure about sharing that info 🤔

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Give me a day or two to see what my finances will be this month. I am in your same shape...elderly, disabled, but may actually have a little left over.

P+P's Meom

Adult Cat
Purraise
strider rose strider rose , thank you, that means alot to me! :redheartpump:

I'm ok I'm just running on extreme lack of sleep the past week or so. That makes everything get out of proportion in my head. Rotten stuff gets huge. Good stuff gets shrunk way down. It's all out of balance.

:runaround: This me. Just running around in circles!!
I just need some good, uninterrupted sleep for about a week.
:sleep:

P+P's Meom P+P's Meom aww im sorry that you wasnt feeling well . im here if you need someone to talk to

P+P's Meom

Adult Cat
Purraise
An extremely late update:

Patter passed her test with flying colors. We don't know what caused the clot (yet), but it was not her heart!