Gofundme For Mew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitations to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reasons that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenniator

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What drugs is the vet going to give Mew?
Right now Mew is on Cerenia to stop vomiting/nausea, Mirtazapine to stimulate hunger, and potassium because his values were extremely low. In less than a hour, we are taking him to get his first session chemotherapy to treat the Lymphoma (cancerous tumor) that was found in his small intestine. I posted two pictures in my first post as well. The first picture is one of our vet bills (Sorry that it's in Dutch but it's because we live in the Netherlands but you can still see some of the things we did) and the second is just all his medicine and treatments together.

jenniator

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone for caring about Mew. Unfortunately he lost his battle with cancer :( We decided the most humane thing to do would be to put him down. He can no longer eat or drink on his own, he barely can move around, and we found out the type of cancer he has is one of the worst. He would have less than a 10% change to make it another 9-12 months. He looks like he's in pain and he looks so sick. We have a appointment tomorrow to put him down. We just don't want him to suffer or to be in pain anymore. :bawling2:

jenniator

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much :( It was the hardest decision that I ever had to make, but it wouldn't be fair to try chemotherapy when he had less than a 10% chance to make it, his quality of life was deteriorating, and we didn't want him to suffer any longer. It's still extremely heart breaking and we miss him so much.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I think you made the right decision. It's always so hard to let them go, but much better than seeing them suffer.

We always lock the threads when a cat has passed away, so I'll lock this one now.

If you would like to start a thread in Mew's memory please do so in our Crossing the Bridge

Rest in Peace Mew. You will not be forgotten.

:angelcat:

Status
Not open for further replies.