Gofundme For Feral Cats

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I really need help to rescue 4-5 feral kittens, have them vet checked, vaccinated, spayed/neutered and care for them until I can get them adopted. I also need to have 2-3 adults fixed. As some of you know, I did this last year at my expense but I have no income and it woukd be very difficult for me to docthiso n my own, this time. I have contacted vets and rescued and nobody will help me.

Here is a link to my godundme campaign. Please help.

Click here to support Help feral cats organized by Mich Skolnick

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You don't have any TNR groups in your area that would pay for the neutering? I though the only caveat was that YOU need to trap them and then take care of them post surgery, but they would actually pay for the surgery? I'm pretty sure that's how it works in our area. I know I checked into it once for my Dad, but now my memory is failing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No. None of the groupanhere pay for anythinf. Also, the kittens are not ready to be fixed ao they need a vet appointment first.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you make arrangements with a vet to accept PayPal and/or credit card payments? Also, if you can give a store number for a few stores such as Tractor Supply, WalMart, Petsmart plus a wishlist, people can donate supplies. Those are 2 ways that I have used in the past.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The vets here are not helpful or flexible at all. I asked a vet that i’d been using for over 16 years to help out and I was refused. I don’t think he’ll accommodate any special requests. The offices are too busy to be bothered with anything and they really don’t care about helping feral cats.

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The ttie also should obviously be “gofundme.” I hate the iphone.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Godfundme For Feral Cats
The ttie also should obviously be “gofundme.”....
I don't want to minimize your frustration, wannahelp but....perhaps, subconsciously, you were hoping for help from a higher power...?:lol:

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know there are low cost clinics for spay/neuter but I don’t think the kittens are old enough yet. I need to get them to the vet to be checked out first. I don’t think they’re ready. I’m not sure that they’re completely weaned.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any updates on the ferals that you are helping? I asked my vet for an opinion and she said that she allows people to send donations to a person's account, to be specified for use (example: Walmart ferals). And the vets in other states allow the same (I have been allowed to call in cc donations and vets have accepted money orders). it is sometimes more efficient than GoFundMe - one of our other members has been having trouble accessing the GFM funds (see My Foster Adventure thread in the Pregnant Cats And Kitten Care forum).