God I hope someone has an idea

quarinteen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello my name is Scott I’m glad I found a forums just for cats. I have 2 myself and a dog. One of my cats is driving me crazy as of late. Like all cats she likes to rub up against things. Like doors or furniture or whatever else she can find. Except this one doesn’t just rub like normal cats. No she slams her head into things and finishes out the thrust all the way to her butt and she does it every single time. She does this hard enough to the coffee table she is constantly moving it or knocking things off of it. She hits it hard enough sometimes if there is glasses of fluid on it they will knock over. How can I get her to stop this? It’s really starting to bother me to the point I want to throw her outside while people are using it. Please I hope someone knows how I can fix this. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Put something heavy on the coffee table. Or nothing at all. Do you have wooden floors? If so, put a mat underneath. If she is just marking her scent everywhere it will eventually stop. Or, is she bored? Get out a wand toy. Please dont throw her outside. If you must separate her when company comes, lock her in a room with toys,bed,scratch posf

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
She's trying to make the home smell like herself...

Get that wand toy with the toy tiny mouse at the end of wire-every cat LOVES this toy. Play with her for 30 minutes to wear her out. There's some really good wand toys at PetSmart and right now they have buy 2 get one free deal.

Playing is absolutely essential for their happiness...she's bored and probably why she drives ya crazy. Read up on Jackson Galaxy My Cat from hell=the thing that rings to me in each episode-PLAY TIME is a MUST! Even if 5 minutes at a time..my new cat-only had her for 6 weeks right now-she is extremely high energy and we play an hour to two hours every day to help get rid of her pent up energy and stop chasing my resident cat.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep she’s marking her scent. Can you put more of her things in that area to make her feel like she owns it?