Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Glyco Flex Plus Is Not As Effective After 6 Months???

Discussion in 'Grooming & General Cat Care' started by FeebysOwner, Apr 22, 2019.

1. FeebysOwner

FeebysOwner Thread Starter TCS Member Top Cat

Jun 13, 2018
    Central FL (Born in OH)
    The vet just called and all of Feeby's test came back - all well within normal range!! He even said there was nothing even remotely close to bordering a high/low reading. So, as he said, "she is looking good"! No UTI either!!!

I am very happy about this, but now we will have to continue to ponder the arthritic aspect - or wait to see if she improves on her own. Maybe like human seniors, she is just having a bit of a bad spell with her 'old joints/bones'?

Kflowers, Tobermorey and Kieka purraised this.

2. Kieka

Kieka Snowshoe Servant Staff Member Forum Helper

Sep 6, 2016
    Southern California
    Link has days where his seems better or worse. Weather seems to be a big factor with cold or rain seeming to herald bad days

FeebysOwner purraised this.

3. CatLover49

CatLover49 My Precious Snowball Alpha Cat

Feb 8, 2018
    Reidsville NC
    Got a picture of ure kitty??Cause my cat is 15.4_15.6 lbs n hes a domestic cat not pure breed

4. FeebysOwner

Jun 13, 2018
    Central FL (Born in OH)
    Here are a couple:

Attached Files:

5. CatLover49

CatLover49 My Precious Snowball Alpha Cat

Feb 8, 2018
    Reidsville NC
    Snowball looks something like that n weight n length.Is ure cat pure breed

6. FeebysOwner

Jun 13, 2018
    Central FL (Born in OH)
    Weather does affect Feeby to some degree, but more in the 'eating' category. LOL! Cold days she eats like crazy, warm days she eats much less.

As far as the arthritis, right now we are having sunny days and temps in the mid-80s. So, I am kind of ruling out our weather having anything to do with it. She does like it warm though. In the winter, she goes outside to drink from her favorite water dish, and then she is right back in again - and, I am talking about when it is 60-65 degrees out!! She is a weenie!!

Kflowers and Kieka purraised this.

7. FeebysOwner

Jun 13, 2018
    Central FL (Born in OH)
    As I just said to @Kieka she is a purebred alright - a purebred weenie!! No she is a DSH dilute tortie.

She is pretty long and tall, but even so the vet still thinks she is overweight at 17.5 pounds.

Edited: Tbh, she DOES have a belly!!

8. Kieka

Kieka Snowshoe Servant Staff Member Forum Helper

Sep 6, 2016
    Southern California

Link has a belly too. I tell myself it's all a pouch but it's becoming a little rounder lately. Less treats for the Linkers.

IMG_20190406_144108.jpg IMG_20190406_144044.jpg

Tobermorey and FeebysOwner purraised this.

9. Tobermorey

Tobermorey TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 13, 2017
    Oregon
    Lily used to be extremely overweight for her frame at 14 lbs., but I gradually got her down to about 10.5 by switching from free feeding dry to meal feeding canned and then to raw. I don’t want any extra weight making her arthritis worse. She’s definitely a stocky girl!

The temperature doesn’t seem to make a difference with her arthritis. She’s still limping slightly and working on her tail even though we’re reaching the 70s and 80s with lots of sun.

Great news about Feeby’s test results! If I find something that seems to be helping Lily’s arthritis, I’ll be sure to post.

She’s got so much fur that it’s hard to see her shape! I was looking at pictures of her as a youngster, and I noticed that her stripes have really become muted as she’s aged.
    70B504F9-85FD-45D3-8600-5A6B20B129E1.jpeg
    07D32B2A-CFD6-4B3E-B5AD-58B7A5318AA7.jpeg

10. FeebysOwner

Jun 13, 2018
    Central FL (Born in OH)
    She's very pretty!! Yes, her hair makes it hard to see how much of her there is BESIDES hair - LOL! But, she doesn't look stocky, really. The muting of the stripes must be like graying?? Interesting!

Feeby once was 10.5 pounds...:sigh:

11. FeebysOwner

Jun 13, 2018
    Central FL (Born in OH)
    Haha! Well, I call Feeby's a belly, because I think it has gone way beyond Link's pouch!!

2018 07-01 Feeby.jpg

CL56 and Tobermorey purraised this.

12. Tobermorey

Dec 13, 2017
    Oregon
    Oh, what a great shot!! “A straw would help, Mom. Or you could just drop the water into my mouth.” :lol:

Here’s a better pic of Lily’s...girth.
    2909F9DF-7668-4920-B3FB-69500ED821A4.jpeg

13. FeebysOwner

Jun 13, 2018
    Central FL (Born in OH)
    :biggrin: I think we could all be accused of 'cat abuse' for some of the photos we take!!

14. Tobermorey

Dec 13, 2017
    Oregon
    Yeah, she’s giving me “Think you’re funny, don’t you” look. At least all of that fur is covering up the more embarrassing bits. :D

15. Kflowers

Kflowers TCS Member Top Cat

Jul 28, 2018
    we only had one cat who didn't have a bit of a belly. He was the only one who spent a good bit of time climbing the carpet strip (3 feet wide, 8 feet up with a shelf) to sit on top of the door. The vet said climbing is what flattens the tummy, nothing else. If you think it's hard to get a cat to eat new food...

AND FEEBY - :celebrate::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::banana1::banana1::banana1::banana1::banana2:You go girl!!!

FeebysOwner and Tobermorey purraised this.

16. Tobermorey

Dec 13, 2017
    Oregon
    I’ll have to try that. My tummy could use flattening. :lol:

FeebysOwner and Kflowers purraised this.

17. Kflowers

Kflowers TCS Member Top Cat

Jul 28, 2018
    Not-huh @Tobermorey not at all, tummies are not meant to be flat. if they were how would you know they were tummies?

Tobermorey and FeebysOwner purraised this.

18. Tobermorey

Dec 13, 2017
    Oregon
    @FeebysOwner , I had The Spouse make a ramp, and I put it next to one of our four litter boxes as an experiment. I have three boxes in one room and one in another. For more than a year, Lily has used only the one by itself in the other room...never any of the three in the “cats’” room. Since I put the ramp by one of the three grouped boxes, she has switched to that one. She doesn’t use it to get into the box, but she uses it coming out. Not scientific but good enough for me! I’m going to have my husband make another ramp for the box on the left.
    3E85500B-106F-4365-9BB6-ACD9D5142341.jpeg
    4B644E09-DE1A-426B-88EB-9FD11745106B.jpeg

Kflowers and FeebysOwner purraised this.

19. FeebysOwner

Jun 13, 2018
    Central FL (Born in OH)
    Thanks! Oddly enough (but, gladly), she still gets into her litter box to use it and even - surprisingly - kind of jumps out afterward. But, she is admittedly not getting onto the recliner that she likes, or the bed - even with her 'interim steps' (12" footstools).

I am going to cross my fingers that this last bag of Glyco Flex Plus was just from a bad batch. I noticed she is a lot less enthused about eating it - unlike she was with previous bags. So, I've ordered new bags and am waiting for them to be delivered. I am hoping that after a few days to a week on one of the new bags that she will return to where she was a couple of months ago. :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Kflowers and Tobermorey purraised this.

20. FeebysOwner

Jun 13, 2018
    Central FL (Born in OH)
    UPDATE: New bags of Glyco Flex Plus arrived!!!! Just cut up one for Feeby (and, added it to her hairball treats), and she SCARFED every last piece up - no reluctance!! :woohoo:

Right now, I am going with two things:

1.) when your cat won't eat something they normally do, especially when it is a different bag/can of the same stuff, trust them enough to know they are telling you something, and
    2.) that last bag was bad, and I am hoping that good results come from this new bag!:rockout:Feeby!!!!

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Kflowers, CatLover49 and Tobermorey purraised this.