Glue the water bowl to the floor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a huge problem with my cat playing in her water bowl and moving it. I finally solved it by getting a water fountain and putting it on a thick feeding mat with raised edges to prevent water running on the floor. Then I bought these thumbtacks on amazon that instead of the normal colored plastic push parts have a small wooden block for that part. I pressed these in to the mat around the perimeter of the fountain. That was she can't move the water fountain. I also put clamps on the top of the fountain to prevent her getting the lid off. Here is a pic of my contraption. It's not pretty but it's impenetrable and immovable and most importantly it permanently solved the problem.
What's the name of your fountain?

PamRo2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so glad I found this site and someone shared this thread with me. I have 2, 8 month old kittens, Rocky and Rowdy, who LOVE water. Rowdy will put both front feet in a bowl or fountain and "dig". Water flies everywhere. It doesn't do me any good to put the bowl or fountain in a container. He flings water over the top. Right now, their water bowl is in the bathtub. I'm definitely ordering the water fountain that hurticanemix100 recommended and setting it up the same way. I hope this helps. I've had cats all my life and never had any that like water the way these two do. Thank you!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad I found this site and someone shared this thread with me. I have 2, 8 month old kittens, Rocky and Rowdy, who LOVE water. Rowdy will put both front feet in a bowl or fountain and "dig". Water flies everywhere. It doesn't do me any good to put the bowl or fountain in a container. He flings water over the top. Right now, their water bowl is in the bathtub. I'm definitely ordering the water fountain that hurticanemix100 recommended and setting it up the same way. I hope this helps. I've had cats all my life and never had any that like water the way these two do. Thank you!!!!!!!
I ended up doing the same fountain, and putting stones on the top lol. Currently, it's kept in my shower while I'm at work. She still plays in it, but at least she doesn't run out of water during the day due to dumping and splashing. The bonus is that she exits on the bathmat and gets her paws somewhat dry before running around onto my bed and such.
Another update: since I always allowed her to drink from faucets, I now have to ziptie my kitchen faucet closed. I came home from work and everything in the house had wet spots. My sink was on full blast. Thinking it was a fluke, I woke up the same night to water noises and witnessed her open the kitchen faucet on after I shut it off lol so for now I tie it shut until I get a new faucet handle

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up doing the same fountain, and putting stones on the top lol. Currently, it's kept in my shower while I'm at work. She still plays in it, but at least she doesn't run out of water during the day due to dumping and splashing. The bonus is that she exits on the bathmat and gets her paws somewhat dry before running around onto my bed and such.
Another update: since I always allowed her to drink from faucets, I now have to ziptie my kitchen faucet closed. I came home from work and everything in the house had wet spots. My sink was on full blast. Thinking it was a fluke, I woke up the same night to water noises and witnessed her open the kitchen faucet on after I shut it off lol so for now I tie it shut until I get a new faucet handle
Sounds like Rox and Gracie would be best friends. Why is it always the girl cats that are troublemakers??