Gizmo's vet visit

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gizmo went to the vet yesterday afternoon for a chekup. Turns out he is only 5 1/2 weeks (born on 1/26)!! The breeder said he was 7 weeks. I didn't believe them.... until they showed me on the calender!! Anyways, he was a good little biy, except for when it came for his temperature taking!! His temp. is normal. I had him tested for Feline Leukemia and FIV. Vet called back and said it was negative!

* if you want to move this to the thread, "Update on Gizmo," that is ok..... wasnt sure where to put it!*

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tigger, I am so happy your kitten is doing okay. I am sorry, I have had a tough time with this one. At the same time, I am happy a kitten has gotten a good home and you have gotten a kitten you really wanted, I get very upset and dissapointed that breeders do this to their animals. Breeders like this need to be shut down!! I hope he continues to stay healthy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sandie,

No need to appologize!! I forgot to mention..... he isn't the Russian Blues that I was talking about...... He is a Snow Leopard Bengal. I checked his papers again... said he was born 1/13, not 1/28. But, for some reason he looks smaller. But, then again, I have never had a tiny kitten like this.....

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, I know it wasnt the Russians you were talking about. I Saw that it was the Bengal. I got a little angry that someone was selling F2 kittens and that they were too young to leave the house. You see, most responsable breeders will not let their kittens go until they are 10-12 weeks. This insures they have had all their vaccines and their little immune systems wont be compromised. It is not you I am angry with at all...I am truely amazed that people who are supposed to be breeding for the love of the cat..put them at such risk!!! GRRRRRRRRR....Id like to smack some of them good! At any rate...keep a good eye on him and congrats on your new baby!!

swalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am curious to know how old are kittens when they stop nursing from there mother? Will Gizmo be okay seeing as he is so young? What kind of food do you feed him?

The 20 questions is now over. I am just curious to know how it works.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think Gizmo should have been taken away from his mother at that young, but I'm no expert. It certainly isn't your fault...please let us know how he does.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Tigger,
How exciting it is to have a beautiful healthy kitten as a new member of your family...good luck with him sweetie and all the blessings of the Lord be with you!
Always,