Giving Thanks...

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You all have been so kind to me and helped me in the past that I wanted to give back a little bit if it helps.
I have discovered, after stressing that my "girls" stopped loving Ziwipeak canned chicken, that I would finally try something.
I decided to add just a smidgen of hot water to their dish so that it has more of a soft puree texture and ... voila! it worked!
They now cannot wait to eat their healthy Ziwipeak chicken and I am willing to go broke buying it as long as the little princesses are happy and thriving.

If this trick happens to work for anyone then great!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I weigh Krista's portions into a baggie and then submerge that baggie into hot water until the portion feels lukewarm. Usually just press the portion flat with a fork, flip it, press it flat again, and that's often enough. It takes longer to run the water or weigh portion. I do this for first portion from a new can just the same as the last one.

Another trick I have used that works well with Krista is to add salmon oil to the can and stir that up before serving from it. I put a daily portion of salmon oil into one can. Then because my fur pig eats more than a can per day, I mix the oil-added food with food without oil added when I'm weighing out the individual portions. Too much added oil gives her hairballs and soup poops.