Giveaway: Free Lucky Cat Gift Set

alexis keefe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View media item 411987:angel::rbheart: Today I will tell you why I am so lucky & blessed to have been connected with my very first cat Charlie. He actually saved my life! I was in a very dark place in my life with a lot of negativity. My heart had grown completely cold & numb. I was struggling with a very bad drug addiction and that's all I cared about. I was drawn to a post for free kittens that I saw in the grocery store one day and decided to call. The day that I went I had no plan on how I was going to get this kitten home. I had no supplies, and I was taking the subway! Luckily my dad called me when I was walking & asked me if I wanted a drive. He took me to get the kitten and stopped to pick up supplies too. I didn't really know what I had gotten myself into but I had to learn to care for something! For the first few months I continued to care for Charlie the best I could, but still had my addiction. I fell in love with Charlie and realized that I wasn't being fair to him. I wanted to give him everything I could. All the love, happiness & stability. He woke up my heart and gave me so much happiness that I was ready to deal with my addiction. I went to a rehab & my life has never been the same since. Charlie taught me so much. He is truly my angel! Today Charlie is 15yrs. :rbheart::angel:

sassymint34

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ENTRY I have an adorable kitty and his name is Satchel. He is 11 years old as of last month and is still super energetic and loving for his age! My friend have often told me that I am really lucky. Usually lucky things happen to people when I'm around although I'm not sure if it's more of luck or coincidence.

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

My family is so lucky
to have Callie in our lives.  She is my little baby. 
  (And when I say she's a baby, I really mean it.  Callie is a full-grown adult at only 7 pounds with an disproportionally tiny head, and whines like nobody's business!)

We were not looking to adopt a second feline into our family when we found Callie.  We already had Coco, who is a very anxious cat and had some extremely stressful experiences living with other cats (before she came to live with us).  But we stopped by the Petco store near my parents' house (not the store we typically frequent!), and it was love at first meow.  Callie and I made eye contact from several feet away and she called out to me.  From that moment, our fate was sealed.

We were so lucky
to have stopped into that particular store that day, and that no one had taken her home during the 2-3 weeks she'd been there (still not sure how she was there so long, given how cute she is!).  Callie has provided me with so much love and support through some really difficult times this past year.  I am truly lucky
 to have her in my life.

And Coco, while wary at first, warmed up to Callie quite quickly.  I believe Coco also feels lucky
that we found Callie.  She now has a best friend (and partner in crime) to keep her company while my husband and I are at work.

Finally, an interesting fact... calico kitties are considered lucky
 in Japanese culture.  According to Wikipedia, "[white] cats are seen to bring about the happiness of its owner, along with purity, and positive energy.  The luckiest of all the colors is considered to be the calico colored cat; black is meant to lure away evil spirits, and gold for monetary good fortune." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maneki-neko#Colors)

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Tomas Tommy Bubba El Pumador Puma Gargoyle

Tommy was lucky because he came down with a raging kitty cold the week that I got him from county and they would have euthanized him.
Tommy was lucky the neighbors returned him when he left my unit to go into theirs while they were moving in, and he was chilling on their daughter's bed.
Tommy was lucky I grabbed him off the stucco at my height before he went up the side of the apartment building. He was not on the lease.
Tommy is lucky his dad was able to grab him off the top of the front porch from our bedroom window where he had popped the screen and jumped over.
Tommy is lucky he didn't get injured when he fell off the balcony while playing with the moths.

Tommy is lucky I knew exactly where to take him when he had to go to the hospital and we had just moved here. I looked them up while I was several states away. He had a urethral obstruction.
Tommy is lucky the second time he had his urethral obstruction.
Tommy is lucky the third time he had his urethral obstruction, and that his daddy pushed mom not to worry about the costs because she was ready to say goodbye.
Tommy is lucky we found a surgeon willing to perform that same week.

My Gargoyle. My Love.

View media item 412078
View media item 412079

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*ENTRY*

Our precious Moti was first sighted by me up a bare tree in the middle of winter.  As soon as I could, I scooped her up and she was vetted, spayed, and installed in her new "palace" with us.  Always a frail little girl, she loved the comfort and love she was given in our multicat family.  We lost in her in February 2005, but she lives in our hearts always, and we look forward to reuniting with her in due time.

permanentruby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I got lucky with this little girl. I adopted her nearly two months ago, just after she was rescued from a high-kill shelter 1000 miles away. I was only at the beginning stages of looking for a cat, and happened to go to PetSmart after work just to see if a cat this rescue group had posted about was still there. He was gone, but this little lady was having her first day at the clinic, and I don't think she would have been there much longer! 

This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago, after I had my gallbladder removed and was home from work for the week. I swear she knew something was wrong, because she constantly checked on me, was always nearby, and didn't come close to my stomach. View media item 412148

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY

We have rescued all our cats and after Neely passed away we went to a new shelter that we had never visited before to look at a particular cat on their website.  Low and behold a very large, very sweet persian cat named Carleton lumbered over to me and would not budge until I petted him.  When I scratched him under his chin he started to purr and rolled over on his side.  That was it, luck was on our side that day!View media item 412203

Last edited:

lakedweller520

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
*Entry*

I'm not sure I'll have 20 posts by the 17th but I'll gladly enter and share about our babies.  We have Patches (The Queen), Amy (The Butterball) and Garwood, our special needs Cornish Rex who keeps us young every day. :)  I don't really believe in luck even though I'm Irish by blood and marriage. I do, however, believe in being blessed - and that I am with our kitties.  Patches sleeps by (or on) me nightly - Gar is almost always on my lap if I'm sitting or laying anywhere and Amy....well, Amy is a sweet blob who loves affection but only when she's in the mood for it.  <3 

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Robin is almost 1 year old now. She was found with her mother as a single kitten, and was brought into a shelter.

I was very lucky to find her. That shelter had almost all their kittens in adoption centers, and Robin had just come in.

She can be a bit devilish sometimes. Yesterday, she wanted under my blanket, but she had not really decided what she wanted

View media item 412223View media item 412224

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
P.S.
Oh. And a big oh it is. I also forgot how lucky I am to have my vet, or should I say vets. I love the people at my vet and so lucky they dealt with my two little feral kittens. And of course the shout out to Ondine and Anne for all the help and this great community at thecatsite.

atoribio

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Entry.

**Hello everone! :wavey:

Today will be about Gado. Every cat has thier own personality, each unique in thier own way. We often wonder "were you ment for me?"... Gado, loves food. Hes full of enerygy and loves to play with Frankie Fitzgerald. He loves to give hugs!!! Its super cute! He shows so much love. :rbheart: . Animals are beautiful, i have always resued or helped a cat in need. Not a lot of people go out of thier way to help animals but i know everyone on this,site does. Dont forget be a voice for the voiceless. Stand up for them cuz no one else will! View media item 412292View media item 412293View media item 412294View media item 412295View media item 412296