Giveaway: Free Lucky Cat Gift Set

opieandspuds

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Having Foxy come into my life was both lucky and bittersweet. This past August, we had to put our cat Feeny down since she was suffering the end stage of kidney failure.  I didn't think we'd be ready for another cat anytime too soon, but as we just said goodbye to Feeny, in the lobby of the vets office there was this tiny 10 week old kitten all alone in this big cage.  It turns out her and her littermates were found on the street and someone brought them in to be adopted. Well, her 6 siblings had been adopted already and after interacting with her for a bit, you can guess what happened next... we asked them to put her on hold and decided to take a day to think about it.  Everyone in the house was on board so we came back the next day for her.  From the moment we took her home she formed a strong attachment to me.  She greets me at the door every day when I get home from work and will then follow me around the house for the rest of the day.  When I have to shut her out of a room, she will cry until I open the door.  She cries when she wants me to play with her and will chase me around and grab my leg often when she's in a playful mood.  She is entertaining and hilarious. And an awesome soccer goalie- nothing gets past her! 

View media item 394293

Beautiful cat!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

All of our cats are super lucky as yesterday my husband put up a bunch of new cat shelves. They're really enjoying being able to crawl around up high on the walls. 

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I am just plain lucky to have Mingo. He is the first cat I've had in over 20 years, and I love his companionship. He follows me around like a dog.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I feel lucky to be living with a cat for the first time in my life. Luciano came to me through my neighbor who rescues cats. He seems to be a cat who needs to be the only feline in the household and she already had three cats. Growing up with a dog, I didn't have any idea of the joys of getting to know a cat. The biggest similarity I see between cats and dogs is the number of hours they sleep in a day.

Living in NYC can be isolating despite the millions of people on the streets. To have someone greet me at the door, purring and rubbing against my legs is a lovely feeling. Even though Luciano is not without his challenges, it's rewarding to see him enjoying life & amusing to see how much enjoyment he gets from a fake mouse attached to a stick by a wire.

msmamakat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View media item 411537Enter

Rusty was a housecat. I can only assume the people were moving and couldn't take him with them so they dumped him at my feral colony. He was not neutered, and he was a most loving cat. Every time I went to feed he would out and rub circles on my legs. I grabbed him up (no need to trap him) for the next spay/neuter/clinic and he did not mind. When I put him back at the colony he stayed, but he wanted to come home with me. I finally gave in and brought him home to my already bulging cat house (18 at the time )
He did great and all the other cats loved him.
He lived happily amongst all his fur friends and eventually a lady came and asked if he was available for adoption. I cryed to see him go and I visited him from time to time over the next few years. He always came out to greet me and would do the circles around my legs...
Rusty, YOU are a very lucky cat and much loved!

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
ENTRY:

Nilah considers herself to be very lucky!  She can climb and look down on Sundar from a great height, as he can only jump a short distance.

As you can see, it gives her great pleasure.

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

My family is so lucky
to have Callie in our lives.  She is my little baby. 
  (And when I say she's a baby, I really mean it.  Callie is a full-grown adult at only 7 pounds with an disproportionally tiny head, and whines like nobody's business!)

We were not looking to adopt a second feline into our family when we found Callie.  We already had Coco, who is a very anxious cat and had some extremely stressful experiences living with other cats (before she came to live with us).  But we stopped by the Petco store near my parents' house (not the store we typically frequent!), and it was love at first meow.  Callie and I made eye contact from several feet away and she called out to me.  From that moment, our fate was sealed.

We were so lucky
to have stopped into that particular store that day, and that no one had taken her home during the 2-3 weeks she'd been there (still not sure how she was there so long, given how cute she is!).  Callie has provided me with so much love and support through some really difficult times this past year.  I am truly lucky
 to have her in my life.

And Coco, while wary at first, warmed up to Callie quite quickly.  I believe Coco also feels lucky
that we found Callie.  She now has a best friend (and partner in crime) to keep her company while my husband and I are at work.

Finally, an interesting fact... calico kitties are considered lucky
 in Japanese culture.  According to Wikipedia, "[white] cats are seen to bring about the happiness of its owner, along with purity, and positive energy.  The luckiest of all the colors is considered to be the calico colored cat; black is meant to lure away evil spirits, and gold for monetary good fortune." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maneki-neko#Colors)

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Entry

Cats and Luck  A friend contacted me; her mum had a stray kitten coming up on the porch, and had been putting out dog food and water.  (Mum had a dog so dog food was available).  Friend was pretty sure they could catch the kitten, would I take it in?  Sure.  My Mr Amber Cat had passed on to Rainbow Bridge a few months earlier, so I had 3 cats, adding one more was fine.  Next afternoon she and her mum arrived, kitten in a carrier.

And what a beauty!  This little boy was mostly white, with black spots on his head and body.  His tail was black stripes!  It isn't often to see a cat with both spots and stripes.  I named him Dazzle.  He lived with us 3 years.  Dazzle was an adventurer and a door darter.  My Dad, with dementia, had moved in with me.  Dazzle got out one morning; and I believe a coyote got him as we never were able to locate him.  Normally he would go to the park next door and mouse hunt, and there was a great deal of brush there. I would go over and pick him up to bring him home again.  A coyote pair had moved in and had a litter of 3 kits.  We put up signs, walked door to door, checked w/ animal control, nothing.

View media item 411579

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ENTRY

In Ancient Egypt, cats captured the glow of the setting sun in their eyes and kept it safe until morning, making it unlawful for cats to be killed (except in ritual sacrifice by priests). When the Persians attacked part of Egypt they tied cats to their shields - the Egyptians dared not put up a fight in case they injured or killed the cats. How lucky was that for the Persians????

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, and though I don't have proof, I don't believe those horrible sacrifices occurred until late in the period, when the spiritual beliefs were heavily corrupted by outside influence and the priests obeyed the law of supply and demand rather than that of the faith they originally held dear.

Last edited:

alexis keefe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View media item 411705
View media item 411702
 Well I truly feel very lucky & blessed by each one of my five cats.  Every one of them have completed my souls journey in their own

unique & powerful purpose.  However, today I will tell you how lucky Ella was when she met a coyote.  She didn't come home for four days which was out of character.  When she did come home I could tell there was something wrong with her but I didn't know what.  When I  took her to the vet that's when we realized just how serious things were.  We first found the big jaw marks & the wholes that the teeth had tore into her.  They found that her breast plate was damaged.  Then they needed to do surgery because the teeth had pulled hair into her abdomen that had got extremely infected in the four days that she stayed away.  She took a while, a bunch of meds but made a full recovery.  She was full of staples & had drainage tubes through her abdomen.  She had to go to the vet every other day but she still wanted to go back out!  Ella is no longer with me today but she had many lives full of love, luck & happiness!!!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*ENTRY*

My  feral Baby Su was originally spotted on our former land, wandering under a huge old juniper.  She was a tiny kitten, all alone, and we had no idea how she could have found her way there, or who was (ir)responsible.  I scooped her up and installed her in what we called our Kitten Cabin, caring for her there until she got vetted and eventually bringing her in to join the family.  She has only ever bonded to me.  Toys and treats are prized by her!

View media item 411644

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

My family is so lucky
to have Callie in our lives.  She is my little baby. 
  (And when I say she's a baby, I really mean it.  Callie is a full-grown adult at only 7 pounds with an disproportionally tiny head, and whines like nobody's business!)

We were not looking to adopt a second feline into our family when we found Callie.  We already had Coco, who is a very anxious cat and had some extremely stressful experiences living with other cats (before she came to live with us).  But we stopped by the Petco store near my parents' house (not the store we typically frequent!), and it was love at first meow.  Callie and I made eye contact from several feet away and she called out to me.  From that moment, our fate was sealed.

We were so lucky
to have stopped into that particular store that day, and that no one had taken her home during the 2-3 weeks she'd been there (still not sure how she was there so long, given how cute she is!).  Callie has provided me with so much love and support through some really difficult times this past year.  I am truly lucky
 to have her in my life.

And Coco, while wary at first, warmed up to Callie quite quickly.  I believe Coco also feels lucky
that we found Callie.  She now has a best friend (and partner in crime) to keep her company while my husband and I are at work.

Finally, an interesting fact... calico kitties are considered lucky
 in Japanese culture.  According to Wikipedia, "[white] cats are seen to bring about the happiness of its owner, along with purity, and positive energy.  The luckiest of all the colors is considered to be the calico colored cat; black is meant to lure away evil spirits, and gold for monetary good fortune." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maneki-neko#Colors)