Giveaway: Free Lucky Cat Gift Set

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Our friends at CatClaws.com have decided to give one lucky winner an awesome gift set for St. Patrick's Day! 

The winner of this giveaway will be getting - 
  • A Scratch 'n Shapes Scoop corrugated cat scratcher
  • An Easy Grow Organic Oat Grass Kit
  • A Cat 'n Around wand toy
  • A bag of Certified Organic Catnip
  • A Cat 'n Around Catnip Toy 2-pack
  • One assorted Cat 'n Around Refillable Catnip Toy

How awesome is that? 

The theme of this giveaway is luck and good fortune. You can either share a story about how lucky your cat got, tell us why you're so lucky you are to have cats in your life or any other tidbit or story involving cats and good luck.

How Do I Enter?

1. Post in this thread with the word ENTRY and tell us something about cats and luck. If you telling us about your cat, we'd love to see a photo of the cat as well (no bonus points - we just love seeing cute cat pictures 
).

2. You can post once a day.

3. Last entry can be made by midnight of St. Patrick's Day March 17th. The winner will be announced on the following day.

4. Each member can have up to 11 entries in total - once a day per member and an extra day to make sure you don't go over your quota because of date lines. 

5. To participate in this giveaway you must be over 18 (eighteen) years of age.

6. The prize can be shipped to a US address only. The winner must provide a local US address.

7. This giveaway is for TCS members only. To win you must be a member with at least 20 posts on the site  by the day of the draw. If you're new to the community, welcome! Please contribute quality content and avoid spam posts just to boost your post count for the contest and don't forget to read the site rules.

Good luck!

Last edited:

camillel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ENTRY.  I have three cats and they not only bring love but luck also. They say Black Cats are bad luck but not so. Salem is the best She is warm and cudelly, and with her we are the luckiest family. She gets along with not only her feline sister and brother but also with her 2 human nieces. I love my three felines and am the luckiest person alive to have them. THANK goodness for CATS . OMG all three would love these toys

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*ENTRY* 

Three cats have me at present, but I have been "with cat" literally since conception, and few (and sad) times of my life have been catless.  Not only have I been blessed with the incredible good fortune of sharing life with cats in all their beauty, grace, sweetness, friendliness, and camaraderie, but I know that, through thick and thin, in good times and bad, in sickness and health, in short, in all those times the marriage contract names but are all too often not honored by the participants thereto, CATS are UNCONDITIONALLY LOYAL and LOVING.  They are also playful, and I know Tarifa, Suha, and Elvis would enjoy this prize very much.  Thank you for the opportunity to win it for them!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

today i'll post about our Jaspurr (aka, Dude) and how very lucky DeeDee, Punky, and I are to have him as part of our furmily.

Dude came to my little Snick
  and i coming up on 2 1/2 years ago. we originally fostered our boy, because he was being chased by another male cat at his fosters home. it had gotten so bad that the fosters had to keep Dude in his own room -- set up with everything he needed, and they'd spend time in with him. but Dude is a very sweet and loving boy, and really wanted and needed not to be as isolated. when i agreed that Snick and i would foster him, i knew we needed to make things work between Dude and Snick -- because returning him would likely be very hard on him.

Dude came to us very sweet and loving. although, after having been chased by the other cat at his previous fosters, he tended to run in the opposite direction of any sight of little Snick. now, Snick was a senior cat with (serious) medical issues, and she was never going to be a threat to Dude. we moved along slowly and carefully with the integration, and by about the 6 months point both Snick and Dude were feeling relatively comfortable with each other. shortly after that, Snick and i adopted him -- which was one of our birthday gifts to Dude that year. Dude is a very perceptive cat. he understood, on some level, that Snick was frail and that she didn't always feel well. i would see Dude stopping to check on Snick regularly, just taking a peek at her (usually in her woolrich bed in the living room) up over the edge of her cat bed. so very sweet and caring! 

Dude and our Snick never snuggled, and i think that had more to do with her medical issues than anything else. when my little Snick's time came to cross the Rainbow Bridge, our last night together Dude simply lay near Snick with his arm stretched out to her and looking at her with love. i truly believe that Dude had made Snick's life much happier, and fuller. and that Snick accepted him and shared her home and mommy with him meant the world to Dude.

both Dude and i grieved for our little Snick as we continued on together. i could see that he missed Snick, and the company of another cat very much. so i started looking for a good kitty match for my boy. this i found in our petite DeeDee, who is a purrfect match for Dude.

Dude and i adopted our DeeDee and Punky when they were about 4 1/2 months old. i remember very clearly the first time Dude and his little girls saw each other. both girls were in their 'kitty apartment' (the extra large sized dog crate, with the loft space that i made for them in it), and Dude was in the kitchen with me looking into the living room where the girls were. he was interested in the girls, and both girls sat up extra tall and pretty for their new big brother. we took things slowly for the first week, but it very quickly became clear that all three cats were comfortable with each other, and that Dude wanted to play with the girls as much as they wanted him to join them in playing. Dude has always been gentle with his girls, especially when they were young.

our Dude is a very special boy. very sweet, very gentle, and very loving. both the girls and i are very lucky to have our Dude in our lives!

calico man

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

ENTER  

Luck can not only happen to people, but also to cats.  I saw "Lulu" by my house (I had never seen her around before) one day and her id tag said she lived two streets away, one of which is a VERY busy street.  I brought her inside and gave her some tuna because I didn't have cat food.  I took her to her owners and they said she is an outdoor cat and likes to wander.  Well, as luck would have it, she showed up at my doorstep a few days later.  The owners came and got her, but over the next few days she kept returning to my house.  Had to be the tuna!  Since she kept coming back here, her owners decided to let her live with me.  So not only was I lucky to get her, she was also lucky in finding a great forever home! Great luck all the way around. Thanks Lulu!

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

My family is so lucky
to have Callie in our lives.  She is my little baby. 
  (And when I say she's a baby, I really mean it.  Callie is a full-grown adult at only 7 pounds with an disproportionally tiny head, and whines like nobody's business!)

We were not looking to adopt a second feline into our family when we found Callie.  We already had Coco, who is a very anxious cat and had some extremely stressful experiences living with other cats (before she came to live with us).  But we stopped by the Petco store near my parents' house (not the store we typically frequent!), and it was love at first meow.  Callie and I made eye contact from several feet away and she called out to me.  From that moment, our fate was sealed.

We were so lucky
to have stopped into that particular store that day, and that no one had taken her home during the 2-3 weeks she'd been there (still not sure how she was there so long, given how cute she is!).  Callie has provided me with so much love and support through some really difficult times this past year.  I am truly lucky
 to have her in my life.

And Coco, while wary at first, warmed up to Callie quite quickly.  I believe Coco also feels lucky
that we found Callie.  She now has a best friend (and partner in crime) to keep her company while my husband and I are at work.

Finally, an interesting fact... calico kitties are considered lucky
 in Japanese culture.  According to Wikipedia, "[white] cats are seen to bring about the happiness of its owner, along with purity, and positive energy.  The luckiest of all the colors is considered to be the calico colored cat; black is meant to lure away evil spirits, and gold for monetary good fortune." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maneki-neko#Colors

purplepeapod

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ENTRY

Luck is a lot like another four-letter L-word, love. They are both often unexpected but very welcome. Always wanted but sometimes squandered. Unlike love, though, luck can be instantaneous. And you need to act fast and not second-guess yourself. If you are at the shelter and you are thinking...

"I want an older, mellow cat"
"Nothing furry, because it will get all over the furniture."
"Unless I see a Maine Coon... I'd consider a Maine Coon."
"Maybe a tabby? Or a marmalade? Not a black cat because people on Craigslist say they are prime targets during Halloween."

Then, you hear a timid meow and find this little face looking right at you...

View media item 410543
All misgivings and 'requirements' are forgotten. Gone. You found your cat, or rather, he has found you.

Except, the kitten is still on the mandatory five-day hold, and... "Not available for adoption until Saturday. And no, sorry, we don't take reservations."

Saturday morning is you and your husband sitting in the car, sipping coffee from Contigos. You look like you're on some weird stake-out. You're counting down the minutes until SPCA opens its doors. Then it's finally 8:56AM and as you two walk with purpose, making up funny 'Plan Bs' if someone beats you to your cat. "I'll pretend to bump them, and when they fall into the koi pond, you grab the cat's sheet and RUN!" Ha! He was only half-joking. It's suddenly gets a lot less funny when you do see another couple trotting from the cat house holding that precious half-sheet of paper.

"Oh, no.... how did they get there before we did??"

"They slept here? I'm going to be so sad if they did in fact pick our cat! But I don't think so, I bet our cat's waiting for us."

AND HE WAS! The couple wanted to adopt a different kitten. We know because our cat's sheet was still in the pocket by his kennel door. We're so happy! Oh, they are such a wonderful couple. We can be their friends, They are great. Simply because they aren't adopting*our* cat. Except the woman eyed us with suspicion as we were filling out the forms. She was asking questions while looking pleadingly at her husband. He finally approached us...

"Adopting a cat?"

"Yes! Well, he's more of a kitten..."

"A kitten...?"

"Yes, the little furry black one."

"Oh! (turns to wife) "They're adopting the black one!" Relief washes over both their faces. They are both smile at us, reassured at last. I'd laugh except I knew, from experience, exactly how they felt.

Lucky them and us :)

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I went to the shelter the same day I moved into my apartment to find out about adopting a cat. I'd been following the website for awhile so I had an idea which cats were available and which ones might be a good fit for me. One that I'd had my eye on was living in a foster home according to the website, so I wasn't expecting to see her right away, but as it turned out her foster parent was out of town that week and she was spending a few days in the shelter. and there Delilah was waiting for me! It is so lucky for both of us that we ended up together. She needed a person like me to take care of her and I needed a cat like her to take care of me.

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I had no plans to have cats, but one night, I heard a meow at the door. I opened the door and a cute gray cat ran in my house. I started feeding him and he's hung around ever since. I adopted two more kitties and we're a happy family. I'm very lucky that Tiger chose me to be his person. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ENTRY  Hekitty is a tortie with three tiny patches of white (and one white whisker, how clever is that?).  There is a story that tricolored cats protect a home from fire.  I wrote it up on  here back when I was very new to the site.  How lucky is THAT???

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ow why only the US I'm not  from there XD

msmamakat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Enter

C ~CURIOUSLY CUTE
A ~AGILITY ABOUNDS
T ~TENACIOUS TRICKSTERS
S ~SWEET SCAMPS

ARE

Ł ~LIKELY LOVES LIVER
U ~UNCANNILY UPROARS & UPLIFTS
C ~CUNNING CARNIVORES
K ~KEEPERS OF THE KEYS (to our [emoji]9829[/emoji])
Y ~YOWLING, YODELING >^..^

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ow why only the US I'm not  from there XD
It's down to the competition sponsor (in this case CatClaws.com). International shipping, especially for big or bulky items like cat scratchers, can cost a fortune - often more than the products are worth. Also, not all items can be shipped overseas (one example is Australia not accepting dried catnip). You can always enter anyway, and donate the prize to another TCS member (or even a shelter) if you win ;)

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

My family is so lucky
to have Callie in our lives.  She is my little baby. 
  (And when I say she's a baby, I really mean it.  Callie is a full-grown adult at only 7 pounds with an disproportionally tiny head, and whines like nobody's business!)

We were not looking to adopt a second feline into our family when we found Callie.  We already had Coco, who is a very anxious cat and had some extremely stressful experiences living with other cats (before she came to live with us).  But we stopped by the Petco store near my parents' house (not the store we typically frequent!), and it was love at first meow.  Callie and I made eye contact from several feet away and she called out to me.  From that moment, our fate was sealed.

We were so lucky
to have stopped into that particular store that day, and that no one had taken her home during the 2-3 weeks she'd been there (still not sure how she was there so long, given how cute she is!).  Callie has provided me with so much love and support through some really difficult times this past year.  I am truly lucky
 to have her in my life.

And Coco, while wary at first, warmed up to Callie quite quickly.  I believe Coco also feels lucky
that we found Callie.  She now has a best friend (and partner in crime) to keep her company while my husband and I are at work.

Finally, an interesting fact... calico kitties are considered lucky
 in Japanese culture.  According to Wikipedia, "[white] cats are seen to bring about the happiness of its owner, along with purity, and positive energy.  The luckiest of all the colors is considered to be the calico colored cat; black is meant to lure away evil spirits, and gold for monetary good fortune." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maneki-neko#Colors)