Ginger Cat On The Block ...

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So my hubby loves this ginger cat who is always sat on wall in early hours of morning in our neighbourhood (he sometimes works nights and the cat is there regardless of time). It's long haired ginger and looks like grumpy old man :-) It's not feral or abandoned and has a color on and we think we know who he belongs to. It's not unusual for cats in UK to be let outside to roam and we think this one is let out at night times. Think is he always looks miserable and he's even left out in the rain. I told my hubby to speak to the 'owners' and just ask about the cat and say I want to know the bread and ask if he is male as most gingers are... And establish if they do actually want him.. I suspect they do however there may be the chance they don't and if he starts a friendly conversation it won't appear too rude will it ?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, not at all to me. If you approach it that way, or maybe say you have always admired ginger cats and ask them to notify you if one comes up somewhere for adoption, you never know. You might start with asking if they know who the cat belongs to, because you notice it out at night and see what they say.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool will do. He may like being outside however when it's cold and wet I feel sorry for him !

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
It's very kind of you to check on him. Let us know what the people say.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was in the wall yesterday and somebody was sat at a desk near the window. Maybe he is happy sitting on the wall outside? I've asked hubby just to knock on the door and ask the breed and say he's lovely and we want to adopt one! Although hubby said they may start keeing him indoors thinking we may steal him .. Haha

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was in the wall yesterday and somebody was sat at a desk near the window. Maybe he is happy sitting on the wall outside? I've asked hubby just to knock on the door and ask the breed and say he's lovely and we want to adopt one! Although hubby said they may start keeing him indoors thinking we may steal him .. Haha
Would that be so bad? At least he would be out of the cold and rain and away from any dangers.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No it wouldn't at all bless him he looks like grumpy old man !

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So hubby spoke to them quickly - he had to move the car so bit rushed. Asked what bread the cat was however transpired the man was french so didn't understand well. The lady was english and advised 'ginger' came over from France too. Must have travelled with the man. He said he'd pop back and chat more. They seem like a nice old couple so we feel better. Hubby said that evening when he drove home 'ginger' was sat on the wall nearer our estate. He's getting closer to us. I was worried about him crossing the road etc but he looks older and must be an outside cat. Not that I agree with that as would worry like mad if gracie was outside. I worry when she's in the other room and it's too quiet (which means she's usually up to something) - however they seem a nice couple and letting your cat outside is still the norm in the UK. I just always ask hubby if he's seen him everyday as he parks his van near where he lives