Gideon And I Are Sending A Big Hello From The City That Never Sleeps! :)

gideonsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there everyone! I’m Lex and I reside in Las Vegas, Nevada. I work from home, but I have the most awesome company with me so the days fly by. My DH and I got married young and we decided that we weren’t ready for kids yet, so five and a half years ago we decided we wanted a pet. We both had cats growing up and we decided that we’d get us one because we were both familiar with them and their needs. So, the search for the perfect cat for us began. About two months into our search we fell in a love with this kitten named Phoenix. We decided that he was one we wanted and when we got him home we changed his name to Gideon. The thing is Gideon isn’t your everyday house cat, he’s a Savannah Cat. When we’re out for a walk people cross over to the other side of the street or they ask us if he’s dangerous. I let them know that he’s the absolute sweetest boy and he’s no more dangerous than any other cat is. We also had a female we rescued three years ago, but sadly we recently lost Natarah to heart failure. She’s very missed, but we won’t be getting another because I think Gideon is happier being the only cat. So that’s us and our story and here’s a few pictures of our big boy.

88BA2856-8645-4642-A56A-C60BB1CD696E.jpeg

AD0D8F88-9529-4498-B9E1-07D67292E32B.jpeg

549DAE2D-1B99-4527-9763-983B969998EA.jpeg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-113224.gif
Lex and Gideon, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
graphics-welcome-676454.gif
to you both.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Gideon is a nice looking kitty!

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Tommy End

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gideon is such a stunning cat! I would love to have a pet that’s more exotic, but with me on the road four days a week it’s just not possible. I also have enough cats as it is! I’m sending you condolences on the lost of your Natarah. Just find comfort in the fact that while she was with you she felt happy and cared for.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you, to Gideon and to Natarah, who joins us in spirit. Gideon really is a house panther, isn't he? He's just...beautiful! And WHAT an expression on his face in that first picture!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I'm glad you joined the forum and introduced us to Gideon. He's one handsome boy. I can understand him being your only cat due to the fact that he's happier solo. Our Neely was the exact same way. My deepest regrets on the loss of Natarah. :angel:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there everyone! I’m Lex and I reside in Las Vegas, Nevada. I work from home, but I have the most awesome company with me so the days fly by. My DH and I got married young and we decided that we weren’t ready for kids yet, so five and a half years ago we decided we wanted a pet. We both had cats growing up and we decided that we’d get us one because we were both familiar with them and their needs. So, the search for the perfect cat for us began. About two months into our search we fell in a love with this kitten named Phoenix. We decided that he was one we wanted and when we got him home we changed his name to Gideon. The thing is Gideon isn’t your everyday house cat, he’s a Savannah Cat. When we’re out for a walk people cross over to the other side of the street or they ask us if he’s dangerous. I let them know that he’s the absolute sweetest boy and he’s no more dangerous than any other cat is. We also had a female we rescued three years ago, but sadly we recently lost Natarah to heart failure. She’s very missed, but we won’t be getting another because I think Gideon is happier being the only cat. So that’s us and our story and here’s a few pictures of our big boy.

View attachment 265281
View attachment 265282
View attachment 265283
What a handsome cat! And yeah he is BIG! :)