Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Gideon And I Are Sending A Big Hello From The City That Never Sleeps! :)

Discussion in 'New Cats on the Block' started by gideonsmom, Dec 6, 2018.

1. gideonsmom

gideonsmom Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Dec 6, 2018
    Hi there everyone! I’m Lex and I reside in Las Vegas, Nevada. I work from home, but I have the most awesome company with me so the days fly by. My DH and I got married young and we decided that we weren’t ready for kids yet, so five and a half years ago we decided we wanted a pet. We both had cats growing up and we decided that we’d get us one because we were both familiar with them and their needs. So, the search for the perfect cat for us began. About two months into our search we fell in a love with this kitten named Phoenix. We decided that he was one we wanted and when we got him home we changed his name to Gideon. The thing is Gideon isn’t your everyday house cat, he’s a Savannah Cat. When we’re out for a walk people cross over to the other side of the street or they ask us if he’s dangerous. I let them know that he’s the absolute sweetest boy and he’s no more dangerous than any other cat is. We also had a female we rescued three years ago, but sadly we recently lost Natarah to heart failure. She’s very missed, but we won’t be getting another because I think Gideon is happier being the only cat. So that’s us and our story and here’s a few pictures of our big boy.

88BA2856-8645-4642-A56A-C60BB1CD696E.jpeg
    AD0D8F88-9529-4498-B9E1-07D67292E32B.jpeg
    549DAE2D-1B99-4527-9763-983B969998EA.jpeg

2. tabbytom

tabbytom Happiness is being owned by a cat Staff Member Mentor

May 12, 2016
    Garden City, Singapore
    graphics-hello-113224.gif Lex and Gideon, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm graphics-welcome-676454.gif to you both.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Gideon is a nice looking kitty!

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
    Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
    Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

white shadow and gideonsmom purraised this.

3. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 18, 2017
    Welcome to TCS! Gideon is gorgeous! I look forward to seeing more of the two of you around the forums!

gideonsmom and white shadow purraised this.

4. TobiDaDog

TobiDaDog TCS Member Alpha Cat

Aug 7, 2018
    Welcome!! Gideon is beautiful! You are very very lucky!

5. GemsGem

GemsGem Mentor Staff Member Mentor

Dec 4, 2013
    England
    Welcome to the site :hithere:
    Gideon is just simply stunning !
    Such a huge handsome boy :hearthrob:

6. rubysmama

rubysmama Forum Helper Staff Member Forum Helper

Nov 25, 2013
    Canada
    Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Gideon is stunningly gorgeous. :catlove:

Condolences on the recent loss of your Natarah. :alright: RIP sweet girl. :angel: If you feel up to it, we have a Crossing the Bridge forum where you could post a tribute to her. :hearthrob:

7. Tommy End

Tommy End TCS Member Adult Cat

Nov 27, 2018
    Orlando, FL
    Gideon is such a stunning cat! I would love to have a pet that’s more exotic, but with me on the road four days a week it’s just not possible. I also have enough cats as it is! I’m sending you condolences on the lost of your Natarah. Just find comfort in the fact that while she was with you she felt happy and cared for.

8. Boris Diamond

Boris Diamond Cat Valet Top Cat

Mar 27, 2015
    Welcome to The Cat Site! Gideon is a handsome boy! :redheartpump: So sorry to hear about Natarah. I lost a beloved cat young to a heart condition too. :rbheart:

white shadow and gideonsmom purraised this.

9. margecat

margecat Mentor Staff Member Mentor

Oct 11, 2006
    Welcome aboard! Gideon is SO handsome!

white shadow purraised this.

10. aliceneko

aliceneko TCS Member Super Cat

Dec 28, 2017
    London, England
    Welcome to you and gorgeous Gideon :)

11. Mamanyt1953

Mamanyt1953 Rules my home with an iron paw Staff Member Forum Helper

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    Welcome to you, to Gideon and to Natarah, who joins us in spirit. Gideon really is a house panther, isn't he? He's just...beautiful! And WHAT an expression on his face in that first picture!

[​IMG]

12. neely

neely TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I'm glad you joined the forum and introduced us to Gideon. He's one handsome boy. I can understand him being your only cat due to the fact that he's happier solo. Our Neely was the exact same way. My deepest regrets on the loss of Natarah. :angel:

13. Maria Bayote

Maria Bayote TCS Member Adult Cat

Jan 15, 2018
    Doha
    What a handsome cat! And yeah he is BIG! :)