Ghost Of Kitten

harhardf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A week ago I lost a one year old kitten to leukemia. When we went to the vet, she was so far gone that the vet thought she maybe had a week. After x-raying her abdomen, he thought a few days. In an attempt to give her a few more days (so my husband could return from his trip and say goodbye) we decided the best thing to do was remove the fluid from her abdomen so she could breathe. She was not in pain, just experiencing malaise and difficulty breathing. Unfortunately, before we could begin the procedure she died in my arms. It was devastating. I brought her body home to show the others so they did not continue to look for her and then I buried her in the garden. We live in Mexico and it happened to be Dia de Los Muertos, so the timing could not have been more dramatic.

Ever since her passing, strange strange things have been happening. It started with all my herb pots falling over (they are already on the ground). She used to LOVE the garden and knocking over pots. I think she broke at least 4 in a few months. I would put them back up and think it strange since there has been no wind. Once i heard one fell and ran outside, but the dog was sleeping on the roof and looked as confused as I was. Two days later the weirdest thing happened. Downstairs on the ground floor there is a bodega, or storage closet. Inside there was a old dog toy. I came home from my nightly dog walk, we went inside and went to bed. The next morning, the door to the bodega was open and the dog toy was upstairs next to the door. I know it wasnt there when i came home and the cleaning lady said it definitely was not there when she left that night. There is literally no other explanation. I have left the toy where it was, and last night it moved again.

Has anyone ever had a cat stick around? I wonder if shes sticking around because she wants to say goodbye to my husband. Or if my overwhelming grief is keeping her close. Or am i just plain crazy?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, you are not crazy. Yes, I believe to the depths of my soul that they can, and sometimes do, stick around, and even if they are not ALWAYS present, they come back and visit! Perhaps she was just very happy with you, and doesn't want to leave. Let her sweet, unseen presence begin to wash the grief slowly away, and know that you are loved by her, just as you love her. Love does not die, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides. She is with you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

harhardf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your reply. She was a very happy cat, always playing and purring. Also the craziest cat i have ever had. She knew she was here for a good time and not for a long time and she made the best of it. Now it seems she isnt ready to stop playing.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything Mamanyt1953 said. There is nothing stronger than love, it crosses all boundaries. The spirit lives before birth and after life. It goes where it will, when it will. She will always visit you.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My Sven used to visit me once in awhile, although never was "mischievous". Maybe because he was older when he passed. After he was gone, I swear I could feel him jump up on the bed like he always did and walk up to me and meow at me with his little "I Love You" meow.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe! The 'essence' that was your sweet girl is spiritual, so immortal. She definitely may be waiting for your husband it was one of your last thoughts and wishes. "Death cannot take that which never dies", and your love for each other never will. The bond you I have is very strong, enjoy her spiritual visit while you can, before she moves on. She will always be tied to your soul, she will always be as near as your thoughts and prayers. May her tiny soul be welcomed into the arms of the angels, where she will be kept safe and warm for your reunion in the future!

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have had weird things happen in the last 4 days since my cats passing on 3rd January 2019. On the 5th January 2019 i brought my other cat to the back yard she started to do the same things Leo used to do, which is scratch the umbrella tree with her claws with a huge stretch, i have never seen her do this once in my life, her personality is like a royal she is very gentle, lady like, doesnt claw. After eating her breakfast food, she sat in the same spot where leo sat to lick her paws after eating, and then went to sit and sleep under the umbrella tree, this is were Leo slept the most during his last 4 months with me when he was sick. Then in the afternoon she was at the front of the house again which is her favorite place to be at. I was sitting there trying to call her to me but she ignored me and i got really depressed cause i wanted to hug her. Then out of no where this fat pigeon flies down on the porch, im thinking it wants her food, but it instead of going to the food bowl, the bird positioned itself directly in line of her and sat there looking at her for a minute, and all of a sudden she walks straight up to me, and then 3 seconds later the bird flew away.

Then today i took my cat with me to the backyard, she did the same thing as yesterday, scratched the umbrella tree in the morning, and sat in the same spot licking her paws. Then in the afternoon around lunch time, when i brought her to the back, she went to scratch the other tree which is leos favorite and the log and sat in the same spot but this time staring into the distance where leo used to lay in the grass.

Then just now after feeding my cat, i took my coffee and sat in the backyard in the light rain and thought of Leo, and i said to myself, to Leo , that Mother Cat is not the same as you but i still love her and then all of a sudden i heard a sound of leos Meow twice. It was definitely his voice cause i have it recorded on videos and it was his voice for sure i know his voice and i know i am not crazy.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just remembered another thing that happened last night before i went to bed. I was outside having a smoke sitting on the bottom step near the water tap thinking of Leo and it was pretty cold and windy and i was wearing summer shoes with holes in them. I remember thinking it is really cold for summer as we just had a storm and it was windy, i had a light jacket on and i was thinking how Leo would sit outside in this cold and darkness when it rained when i didn't bring him in 3 months ago. I know this sounds stupid, but i was pretend talking to leo asking him if he wants a drink from the tap like he usually does before he comes inside the house for bed time and i pretended to wait for him while he finishes drinking from the tap.

And for some reason my right foot felt so warm and then my whole body felt warm but not as warm as my right foot, it felt like a cat was laying on it cause it was only partial of the shoe that was warm on the right foot, on the right side, i felt warm for around a minute, i am not sure because i was feeling the sensation and thinking why am i so warm on my right foot and thinking is leo laying on me like he used to? and then all of a sudden when i was about to finish my smoke, my toes and body felt cold, i could feel the breeze and wind and the coldness. It was weird because i am a person with really low blood pressure and i feel the wind very easily and get cold quickly. It was really strange experience.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course it was Leo, trying to let you know he was OK. Love is spiritual, not physical so the bond that ties you together is eternal. When someone dies and we go to pay our last respects, I always feel the body laying there is not who I know. and it isn't. The shell is there, but the spirit, the 'essence' of them, that which makes them who they are, is gone. It is everywhere, and it will always be there.
So rejoice in that your precious Leo is close, and he always will be. Don't let 'common sense' and rational thinking take this away from you. Just let yourself go, always believe. There will always be things that cannot be explained, there will always be miracles that will still occur. So open your mind and your heart to what he is giving you, and always know he will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers.......

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are not crazy, you are in tune with Leo and the natural world around you. di and bob are absolutely correct. Leo is with you and Mother Cat. Love doesn't die, it doesn't end, it wraps us in itself forever.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Then just now after feeding my cat, i took my coffee and sat in the backyard in the light rain and thought of Leo,
~ Beautiful feeling that must have been - even though lonely. Yes the bird was Leo visiting or the bird was visiting you for Leo. Many have had similar occurrences when loved ones pass from this life - including me.
Don't be surprised if you see Leo sending you a rainbow or two ... :vibes::rbheart:

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The other night I was sitting reading the paper and felt a cat rubbing against my leg it was our Komere so I gave her head a scratch minutes later another rub against my leg and I swear there was no cat there, the hair on the back of my neck stood up :eek2: my wife said it was just her sister Ziggy saying hello. I miss her so much.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It must be ziggy saying hello :) I give kisses and gentle pats to all the kitties who are now in heaven and who are visiting. My cat MC which is still with me started doing the rikao rikao high pitched meows all of a sudden, which kind of freaked me out cause Leo always was the one that made that noise, MC would only make the lower growling noises when she would meow to me, or she would just do a normal meow.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ok its been almost 6 weeks since leo passed away, he used to sleep in my room every night on my bed and free range of my bedroom when i was asleep so at times he would sleep on the rug under my computer table and he would go exploring under the bed and in the plastic bags that i keep to store things, at times he would sleep near the door . So this morning 10th February 2019 at approximately 6 am ish while i was sleeping i could hear the rug under my computer table being clawed at really loudly and i could hear movements like something was exploring my room touching the plastic bags in my room. I have a lot of plastic bags around my room and the rug sounded like it was being clawed by a large cat. Leo was a large cat and when he clawed you could really hear it he was 6.5 kg a big boy. When i woke up the sounds went away and it was really quiet so i waited for 20 minutes to see maybe its a rat or something like that, but absolutely no sounds were made at all. I have another cat, but she sleeps outside in her cat house as she doesn't like being inside the house. I know when i was sleeping i was not dreaming about anything, all i could hear was clawing noises and plastic bags moving. 6 am is the time i get up to go to work and would wake him up to let him outside for breakfast. It was a really strange feeling and i wasn't scared at all.

Sylvia Grace

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The spirits of our kitties who pass away definitely stay with us, or at least come to visit. It's been exactly 11 months since my Heisenberg died, and I still feel him around all the time. I hear his meow, feel him rubbing against me and sitting in my lap, and even have thoughts pop into my mind completely out of the blue that I know are him sending messages to me. Right after the vet left with his body on the day mom and I helped him cross the bridge I was sitting in my chair crying, and these words came into my mind - "Don't cry, mommy. I'm still here." Even now as I'm tearing up writing this he's nagging me to stop and cheer up. :redheartpump:

His adopted brother Loki started to do some of the things Heisenberg used to love doing, too. Before Heisenberg passed Loki wanted nothing to do with human food, and almost instantly after he took a liking to the foods Heisenberg would go crazy over. He also started drinking out of dirty dishes and sleeping on Heisenberg's blanket, neither of which he did while Heisenberg was alive.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The 'essence' of them is still there, something like that just does not disappear, it becomes spiritual. He will always be as near as your thoughts and prayers, will forever follow your life's journey You are joined together by love, your spirits are one.....
Enjoy the visits now while they are strong, they will fade over time as we make a new life's order without them, and they feel we will be OK. They will find their peace and wait.