Getting organized - Home, Health and Life

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's been quite a while since I posted on this thread, but considering I'm really trying to focus on getting my life organized, I want to revive it. Please feel free to join me with what you are doing to better your life. Be it getting organized, eating better, starting a new routine...anything.
Last I posted, I started on the beginning of my "beauty routine". I made a point to always wash my face before bed...something I would tend to forgo...and introduced a few facial creams to help with overall health and anti-aging of my skin. I'm pleased to say that I have not...not even once...faltered on this and my skin is much happier. And it has even improved my head space as well. I'm proud of myself to sticking to it and seeing some of the results from it definitely improves my mood. It no longer feels like "yet another chore" and has simply become part of my bedtime routine. It seems like such a small thing...but to anyone who's gotten into a slump and ignored self care for so long...it's quite therapeutic.

I have not completed my cleaning schedule yet...I'm doing a bit better with overall maintenance of my home...but I'm really itching to get this done and follow it. Things have been so busy that I just haven't had the time to commit those hours to finishing it.

As for my exercising, I was doing well up until October of last year. I was exercising 3 days a week as planned, but life got in the way, I was sick quite a bit, then all the hoopla of Christmas...I simply decided that I didn't want the added the stress of my workouts...and being disappointed in myself for not doing them faithfully to throw me off track so I just took them off the table to revisit at a later date. I was supposed to start them back up last week, but haven't just yet, it's coming though.

I've taken steps towards better eating habits, and so far it's going OK. I've been doing a lot of prep cooking and freezing them so I have good wholesome home made food for when I don't feel like cooking, rather than grabbing premade preservative filled and processed foods. I'm also making sure I bring my high fiber snacks to work with me...the high protein part hasn't happened yet...I'm waiting for easy to eat things like nuts and beans to go on sale. Despite WANTING to eat healthier...I'm still VERY mindful of the price of groceries. Small steps are better than none.

Of course I have so many other plans that will be in the works as I get my S :censored: together, but these are the things that I'm actively doing...I'll keep posting as I move forward. This is a marathon not a sprint. I want my efforts, as slow as it may be, to be lasting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I've figured out the best way for me to get my vitamins and minerals I'm lacking into my day, and also the best times and how to take them to get the best absorption.

Although it can cause stomach upset and possibly constipation. Iron is best absorbed on an empty stomach. I will be trying this and see how my tummy handles it.
Iron also absorbs better if taken with vitamin C, so I may take a supplement or simply take with a glass of orange juice.
For B vitamins, there really isn't any specific "best way" to take them, however, because they do help with energy, it would probably be best to take them in the morning...or perhaps during my afternoon slump, when I get a bit pooched...
Vitamin D is fat soluble so it is best taken with a meal or a fatty snack.
Magnesium is also best taken with a meal or fatty snack and actually does good when taken with vitamin D. But is great for it's calming and sleep aid effects...so may be better to take at night...

So basically, in the morning I will take my Iron and B vitamins with a source of vitamin C....but may save the vitamin B for the afternoon slump....If the iron gives me upset stomach, then I will instead take it closer to my late morning fiber and protein snack.
At dinner I will take my vitamin D
At night, I will take the Magnesium....however I'm still looking into which form of magnesium is best for me...I may have to take magnesium twice a day to get the best benefits from different forms.

We'll see how that schedule goes....

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
So I've figured out the best way for me to get my vitamins and minerals I'm lacking into my day, and also the best times and how to take them to get the best absorption.

Although it can cause stomach upset and possibly constipation. Iron is best absorbed on an empty stomach. I will be trying this and see how my tummy handles it.
Iron also absorbs better if taken with vitamin C, so I may take a supplement or simply take with a glass of orange juice.
For B vitamins, there really isn't any specific "best way" to take them, however, because they do help with energy, it would probably be best to take them in the morning...or perhaps during my afternoon slump, when I get a bit pooched...
Vitamin D is fat soluble so it is best taken with a meal or a fatty snack.
Magnesium is also best taken with a meal or fatty snack and actually does good when taken with vitamin D. But is great for it's calming and sleep aid effects...so may be better to take at night...

So basically, in the morning I will take my Iron and B vitamins with a source of vitamin C....but may save the vitamin B for the afternoon slump....If the iron gives me upset stomach, then I will instead take it closer to my late morning fiber and protein snack.
At dinner I will take my vitamin D
At night, I will take the Magnesium....however I'm still looking into which form of magnesium is best for me...I may have to take magnesium twice a day to get the best benefits from different forms.

We'll see how that schedule goes....
Have you thought about taking a one a day type? It’s just a lot easier to remember and might have similar totals to what you are taking. I take Centrum Silver Women 50+ for the common vitamins and minerals including magnesium.