Getting Cat Puke Stains off Concrete Floor

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hubby and I finally finished cleaning out the basement. The amount of stuff that was thrown out was unbelievable. We can walk around our basement which we could not do before. While we were cleaning up we found old cat puke piles that we had not been able to see before. We scraped up the dried up puke but it has left stains on the floor. Any one know what I can use to clean up these puke stains?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chances are the entire floor needs to be scrubbed down with a disinfectant. You can spot clean the stained areas with any bleach/disinfectant cleaner like Clorox Clean Up with Bleach or Fantastic with Bleach but your going to have clean spots. I doubt it is really stains but dried onto the surface.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Chances are the entire floor needs to be scrubbed down with a disinfectant. You can spot clean the stained areas with any bleach/disinfectant cleaner like Clorox Clean Up with Bleach or Fantastic with Bleach but your going to have clean spots. I doubt it is really stains but dried onto the surface.
It looks like stains to me. We have scraped up the actual puke. My hubby tried using cleaning sheets that have bleach in them to scrub the spots and they did nothing. Do you think we should try mopping the floor with Mr. Clean or something similar?

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might try mixing up some baking soda and water to form a paste. Apply the paste on the stain and let it dry. It neutralizes the acid in the stain. Then apply some bleach and let it dry. Repeat until the stain is gone and then mop it with water

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some great suggestions above.....I would try a creamy Baking soda and vinegar mixture, or Oxiclean warm water paste, let sit for 15 -30 minutes, then use stiff scrub brush and rinse. Then apply a bleach cleanser, Clorox with bleach or ......let sit for 5 minutes then scrub with hot water. Hot water is what activates bleach......

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a bunch of pee/poop stains in one part of your basement. Wit us keeping the firewood down there in the heating months we accumulate a bunch of bark. Since a couple of the cats are used to going to the bathroom outside in a bark mulch area they use this downstairs too. I try to keep it picked up but at times they will find a spot.

I use bleach and water-letting it sit on the spot for a few minutes before wiping up.
I use a scrub brush on the spot too.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After Snicker's puppies went to their new homes our basement was a mess (poop, puke, you name it). We rented a power washer for about $25.00 plus deposit and it made it so easy! Minimal scrubbing (except on really bad stains), mostly we just walked around and sprayed from back to front. We did have to use a long handled push broom to get the water to the drain. Oh, yeah...you pretty much have to have a drain in the floor to do this. But we did this on a nice day and with the door open the floor dried fairly quickly.