getting along..

jchsasajs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
how do i get my 2 9 month old female kittens to accept their new 10 week old brother? He is very eager to meet them but they growl and back away. he is currently in a room by himself until they get used to one another but we have had a few unsuccessful meetings. no fights or anything just no love from the girls.

Attachments

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long have you had the new kitten? These things take time and it varies with different cats. You’re doing the right thing, taking it slowly. They may never become great buddies, but just tolerate him, which it sounds like they’re on the way to doing already.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a guide: How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles

All of that said, 9 month olds are highly likely to befriend a kitten regardless of how you approach things. Growling and such is normal, but temporary, and they can work through that. So read the guide, and do some introduction process if you can, but dont sweat it. I'd never say that to someone introducing a kitten to an older adult, but cats under 1 are just way better at making new cat friends.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jchsasajs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How long have you had the new kitten? These things take time and it varies with different cats. You’re doing the right thing, taking it slowly. They may never become great buddies, but just tolerate him, which it sounds like they’re on the way to doing already.
We had only had the kitten 2 days.. ty

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once the switch flips and your worried that play is too rough because the kitten is crying and running away, come on back for guidance. If you haven't seen it before, its quite the worrysome sight, but all normal so stay frosty.