Geoffrey Small Cell Lymphoma

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ugh, unpleasant and difficult people are just that. Unpleasant and difficult. In some cases, they are going through something, but even if that's the case that is NO EXCUSE to abuse others. We're all going through something, all of the time, and it's no excuse to be cruel to others. This person on the paper sounds like they just thrive on being as unpleasant as possible, and IMO if they're miserable for some reason, that will never get better until they stop trying to take everyone down with them. And, it is very much possible to stand up for yourself, say what you mean and mean what you say and leave it at that. Just say no to their drama. It sounds like she's caused some issues for everyone. And the situation with the book club really just stinks. :(
Evacuation is a terrifying thought. It impresses me that you knew what meds to grab and remembered your CC for emergencies. A lot of people just panic, or assume it'll be a false alarm and go completely unprepared. Your dedication to G shows that he was the first thing on your mind when the threat was real. That kind of bond is earned, and irreplaceable, I know that for a fact. :angel: There is nothing unhealthy about that. We had a serious natural disaster in our town 15 years ago or so. People left their homes without their pets, and many of those pets died. The threat of evacuation is not the time to assume "it'll only be for a few hours." You did great for G today, and I'm so happy he's feeling better!

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
After the major building Disaster this afternoon; with me pulling Geoffrey out from under my bed, in case we had to evacuate... Geoffrey seems much better... It was frightening for both of us... really frightening...
Sounds like a very frightening experience. Was there a fire?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I had heard, through the grapevine that residents were having issues with this woman. That they have noticed a huge 'change' in her, since she got this position. Not that she was a loving person to begin with. She has always been difficult ... Taking her job too seriously and being too callous and hard nosed.

This was the First time---due to me have a couple of drinks-- that I mentioned it to a Property Management Person. This person I really like--kind, caring, young.. She is a natural. I was shocked and relieved when J told me that I was not the only one having issues with L. It validated me. I told Y the entire story; she could not believe how callous L is to me, and told me to definitely DEFEND myself.

One thing I am aware of, is that I have a good reputation in here. I am known to speak my mind, to stand up to for things.. and are known as a good writer... and kind of an well-educated, intelligent person. At the funeral, I ran into a former Mayor of the city, now a city councilor. He remembered me from my fighting against the city for parking permits for our residents. He said, "Here she is! The Go Getter! The Leader of the Charge! God bless people like you, putting things right".... WOW.... I guess I made an impression on the City Counselors.. wow...
~~~
Getting back to Geoffrey. He is a bit more himself.. since I went back to the second dose of Zofran, his stools are a bit harder, and smaller.. more miralax of him.. He has lost about a pound. I can see it on him. I have not weighed him due to all my issues. He cuddled on my lap last night.. even during a phone call. That is different.
Refusing his breakfast.. He wants the RAWZ..
I am not wanting to switch over, since I have so much of the prescription food. I do not want to change things over, and get him fussy. Not now... nope..
Geoffrey slept with me all night.. Even knew when it was my bedtime, insisting I go to bed.. but I fell asleep on the recliner.

I will leave out his breakfast, when I leave for my appointment. I think he will eat, unless there is noise in here.
~~~~
Sounds like a very frightening experience. Was there a fire?
Not a fire, per se.... someone let the water boil out of a tea kettle, and kept the stove going.. It created a ton of 'steam' which I am assuming to be smoke. along with a horrible smell--- I guess the smell of burning metal.. the Smoke detector went off.. along with the sprinklers in her apartment. I do not know if she opened her door, causing the building's Fire Alarm to go off.. It was from her apartment... She is paralyzed, is a smoker, and uses one of those cart-chairs to go around with.

She is on the third floor.. the water seeped down into the corridor, damaging the third, second, and first floor.. the ceiling fell down..
At least we know the sprinklers work.... and there is a system in place, and it works.. First time in the history of the building.

Picture of the flooding on the first floor, before the ceiling fell down.
F1CDE1E9-4FF8-49E2-AC85-460A74995547.jpeg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
the water seeped down into the corridor, damaging the third, second, and first floor.. the ceiling fell down..
At least we know the sprinklers work.... and there is a system in place, and it works..
Good to know the sprinklers work. Damage was pretty extensive though, and probably could have been worse. You did the right thing bringing Geoffrey with you when you evacuated.

Hope today is a calmer one for you both. 🤗

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW. Cindy, that was terrifying! IDK what laws are here but I do wish smoking was prohibited in dwellings everywhere (I know it has nothing to do with this emergency but it's very much a health hazard to everyone around, especially in a multi-unit building!) It could have been so much worse, though. Hope they get it all cleaned up/repaired/restored to normal very quickly. And of COURSE Geoffrey would be first in your thoughts, heart, and plans, as Elvis would be in mine. They come BEFORE us! and they are in our care.
Yes, I would think the Councilman would remember and appreciate your activism. And you are intelligent, well-educated and responsible-the kind of person any group should value. I really hope it turns out well for you and that you do stay.
May sweet Geoffrey continue to do well!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The pic of the first floor hallway looks alarming. Maybe they need to do some type of daily check on the woman who lives there since she's handicapped and smokes. The building manager or personnel staff need to take precautions so there isn't another accident.

I'm glad Geoffrey is feeling much better. He's such a handsome boy and sweet heart. :heartshape: I hope your appointment with the therapist was helpful.:crossfingers:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Geoffrey is really a sweetheart. I did not even know he had jumped up there. I was closing the blinds, looked and he was there!! We head bopped for a while.. sweet boy.

Yeah, better after therapist appointment.. until read email. that woman will not stop. I finally got up my guts to BCC our interactions to the Executive director of the building--her boss. He is a wimp, will not do anything.. but.. I am defending myself..
I am uncertain as to what I am going to do about the 'plagiarized' 2 paragraphs, She wants me to re-write them, immediately; denying that she accused me of plagarism.. dam her.

My therapist wants me to continue writing. to defend myself. Have another appointment next week with him. It will be too late, but... Either I re-write the entire article, to HER specifications; I eliminate it completely, or I let her win with her crap...
Undecided.
Therapist wanted me to start a rival newspaper.. He said I have a gift for writing, plus I enjoy it so much. dam Lisa...
I have to run into her today, for the Covid tests... she hands out numbers.. dam her..talking to her does not work.

Geoffrey is good... He ate so good yesterday.. jumped on his tree, yelled at me for cuddling.. all in all, being herself.
He woke me up early this morning.. I did not hear any vomiting, but... or he could have run out of food... No to either.
He just wanted me UP!! and to scoop the pee in his litter box, so he could use it to poop and pee again!!
Such a weird little boy...
Chemo day today....
Tomorrow, hopefully he will still be ok, so I will trim his claws.. they really need to be trimmed. When He reaches out to me, I can get nabbed and scratched...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Geoffrey is really a sweetheart. I did not even know he had jumped up there. I was closing the blinds, looked and he was there!! We head bopped for a while.. sweet boy.

Yeah, better after therapist appointment.. until read email. that woman will not stop. I finally got up my guts to BCC our interactions to the Executive director of the building--her boss. He is a wimp, will not do anything.. but.. I am defending myself..
I am uncertain as to what I am going to do about the 'plagiarized' 2 paragraphs, She wants me to re-write them, immediately; denying that she accused me of plagarism.. dam her.

My therapist wants me to continue writing. to defend myself. Have another appointment next week with him. It will be too late, but... Either I re-write the entire article, to HER specifications; I eliminate it completely, or I let her win with her crap...
Undecided.
Therapist wanted me to start a rival newspaper.. He said I have a gift for writing, plus I enjoy it so much. dam Lisa...
I have to run into her today, for the Covid tests... she hands out numbers.. dam her..talking to her does not work.

Geoffrey is good... He ate so good yesterday.. jumped on his tree, yelled at me for cuddling.. all in all, being herself.
He woke me up early this morning.. I did not hear any vomiting, but... or he could have run out of food... No to either.
He just wanted me UP!! and to scoop the pee in his litter box, so he could use it to poop and pee again!!
Such a weird little boy...
Chemo day today....
Tomorrow, hopefully he will still be ok, so I will trim his claws.. they really need to be trimmed. When He reaches out to me, I can get nabbed and scratched...
Geoffrey is such a sweet, and good, mancatto! Hoping his claw trim and his chemo go smoothly and well. *And it's really not weird that he wants a clean box. Elvis does this all the time. Sometimes I can't even get back to where I keep the scooping stuff before I hear him in one of his FIVE boxes again, scratching around. It's pretty normal for cats to do this, actually. Think of visiting a gas station bathroom. Not nice, right? But one that's just been cleaned? Now that's acceptable.*
Hoping you'll stand your ground and make your therapist happy. Change a few words/sentences so the woman can't accuse you of "plagarism." Don't let her win!!! In my experience, once personalities of that type get one "victory," they don't stop until they've steamrolled right over their target.
neely neely is right. There should be something set up where someone checks on the handicapped lady daily to make sure she's okay.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Therapist wanted me to start a rival newspaper.. He said I have a gift for writing, plus I enjoy it so much.
Your therapist is a genius, that's a great idea! I bet the other members and residents would like your version better too. 👍

Glad Geoffrey is having a better day. Please keep us posted on how the chemo and nail clipping go today.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey boycotted his wet food today. I mean boycott. He is feeling fine-- just fussing for the RAWZ food. I do not want to do an entire switch on him. I have tons of prescription food. Rawz is great for a situation that we had.. just to jump start his appetite.

Cuddled with him for a while, almost feel asleep. Sweet baby.
I did not trim all his claws--- just a few overly long ones on his front paws. Back paws will be checked tomorrow.
He has been on my bed, all day... We will see how tomorrow goes.

Another suggestion my therapist had was to go over Lisa's head to the Executive Director. Well, I did then. I BCC all my emails to her.. Yes, I was nasty.. Yes, I said things I regret.. but that is how I feel. I was snarky.. I was in defense mode.

When I returned home this afternoon; there was a message from the Executive Director. He is a wimp. a real wimp..
He said he read ALL the continuing emails. He said he talked with Lisa. He said he was sorry that the newspaper has turned into misery for me. He wants to talk. Tomorrow, Wednesday, is the day.. dam..

I sent him a long kinder email expressing my concerns. typed up a page of talking points.

Also ran into the head Resident service coordinator. She is similar to a social worker, but not quite. She is cool. I really like her. I told her the story. She also said to talk to Lisa. I said I would cry.. She said, so what! She did suggest a third party. I told her I had informed Steve about this. All she did was nod.
She did give me a hint: The way to talk successfully is to be unemotional as possible. That will get more things across.
She also said the same 3 things: Quick re-write of my article; or keep it with the edits; or just eliminate it...
She was shocked when I said my therapist was furious about what occurred. She said, Of course, he was defending me.

Yessica, sweet property manager walked by as I spoke with Rose. She squeezed my shoulder. I said, this is the same thing I discussed with you.. she chuckled, and nodded. I was de-compensating with tears, but...

I ended up typing up a page full of points.
All of this is reminding me of Work.. and ealing with a toxic person, who kept calling me into the office to write me up.. it is PTSD.. It really is... have to bring that up, next week. I think that is why I am so upset.. along with all the bands which has happened to me..

Wish me luck tomorrow.
Geoffrey is my rock.. even though he is not stable. but he is my rock. I love him..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey boycotted his wet food today. I mean boycott. He is feeling fine-- just fussing for the RAWZ food. I do not want to do an entire switch on him. I have tons of prescription food. Rawz is great for a situation that we had.. just to jump start his appetite.

Cuddled with him for a while, almost feel asleep. Sweet baby.
I did not trim all his claws--- just a few overly long ones on his front paws. Back paws will be checked tomorrow.
He has been on my bed, all day... We will see how tomorrow goes.

Another suggestion my therapist had was to go over Lisa's head to the Executive Director. Well, I did then. I BCC all my emails to her.. Yes, I was nasty.. Yes, I said things I regret.. but that is how I feel. I was snarky.. I was in defense mode.

When I returned home this afternoon; there was a message from the Executive Director. He is a wimp. a real wimp..
He said he read ALL the continuing emails. He said he talked with Lisa. He said he was sorry that the newspaper has turned into misery for me. He wants to talk. Tomorrow, Wednesday, is the day.. dam..

I sent him a long kinder email expressing my concerns. typed up a page of talking points.

Also ran into the head Resident service coordinator. She is similar to a social worker, but not quite. She is cool. I really like her. I told her the story. She also said to talk to Lisa. I said I would cry.. She said, so what! She did suggest a third party. I told her I had informed Steve about this. All she did was nod.
She did give me a hint: The way to talk successfully is to be unemotional as possible. That will get more things across.
She also said the same 3 things: Quick re-write of my article; or keep it with the edits; or just eliminate it...
She was shocked when I said my therapist was furious about what occurred. She said, Of course, he was defending me.

Yessica, sweet property manager walked by as I spoke with Rose. She squeezed my shoulder. I said, this is the same thing I discussed with you.. she chuckled, and nodded. I was de-compensating with tears, but...

I ended up typing up a page full of points.
All of this is reminding me of Work.. and ealing with a toxic person, who kept calling me into the office to write me up.. it is PTSD.. It really is... have to bring that up, next week. I think that is why I am so upset.. along with all the bands which has happened to me..

Wish me luck tomorrow.
Geoffrey is my rock.. even though he is not stable. but he is my rock. I love him..
I do, Cindy. And although yes, it's best to be as cool, calm and collected as possible, we're all human and if others don't understand, well, they just don't. If it was happening to them, perhaps they'd have a different perspective/way of dealing with it. Perhaps not. No one is perfect. And everyone has advice to give. Not always so easy to get.
There's a tendency these days for people to be as unemotional as possible. Some people are hiding it; others truly don't feel it. That's them. You're you.
I hope it turns out in your favor. Of course.
SNORGLES on Geoffrey, have as pleasant an evening/night as possible, and wishing you all the best for tomorrow.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey!! Spoiled crazy cat..
Yesterday, Refused his prescription food. Ate a fair amount of dry-- not a great amount, but ok.

I was so exhausted, I fell asleep on the recliner right after 8pm. Geoffrey was on my lap.. Woke up around 11... went to bed.. nope, no sleep.. up after midnight.. watched a bit of TV.. for an hour..

During this time, Geoffrey was in rare form...
OMG>> He got the zoomies from pee!! not post-poop zoomies!
He was jumping around, on his cat tree, discovered a ball.. batted it all over the living area, kitchen.. was jumping on top of a paper bag, I left out for him... He was a crazy cat.. and caring me!!

Still refusing the prescription food.. This is where it is a game of wills. I am trying my best not to give in to his demands. If I do, he will totally refuse the prescription. I need to have the RAWZ as a back up.. not as a main food source. Grateful that I have it as a back-up.

Need to grab him for his pills.. rainy day.. all I want to do is vegg out.. perhaps dust a bit.. listen to some Christmas music, put up a couple of decorations.. and do nothing else.. cuddle with Geoffrey..
Instead, I have this darn meeting to attend..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey!! Spoiled crazy cat..
Yesterday, Refused his prescription food. Ate a fair amount of dry-- not a great amount, but ok.

I was so exhausted, I fell asleep on the recliner right after 8pm. Geoffrey was on my lap.. Woke up around 11... went to bed.. nope, no sleep.. up after midnight.. watched a bit of TV.. for an hour..

During this time, Geoffrey was in rare form...
OMG>> He got the zoomies from pee!! not post-poop zoomies!
He was jumping around, on his cat tree, discovered a ball.. batted it all over the living area, kitchen.. was jumping on top of a paper bag, I left out for him... He was a crazy cat.. and caring me!!

Still refusing the prescription food.. This is where it is a game of wills. I am trying my best not to give in to his demands. If I do, he will totally refuse the prescription. I need to have the RAWZ as a back up.. not as a main food source. Grateful that I have it as a back-up.

Need to grab him for his pills.. rainy day.. all I want to do is vegg out.. perhaps dust a bit.. listen to some Christmas music, put up a couple of decorations.. and do nothing else.. cuddle with Geoffrey..
Instead, I have this darn meeting to attend..
I've never been successful giving any cat prescription food and when I open it and look at/smell it, I can certainly understand why.:barf: I wouldn't eat it, either. Hoping Geoffrey will humor you, though, especially since he does get alternative "treats":winkcat:
Really nice that he played! I thought he looked very playful in his latest pix that you've posted.
*Prayers* and best wishes for today!:cheerleader::goodluck::hangin:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
She did give me a hint: The way to talk successfully is to be unemotional as possible. That will get more things across. Wish me luck tomorrow. Geoffrey is my rock.
If I understood your post correctly I'm guessing she meant to be as professional as possible since that will go further with the Executive Director. Good luck and fingers crossed for a successful outcome at the meeting. :crossfingers::crossfingers:

Geoffrey is definitely your rock and he'll always be there for you. 😻 I know it's easier said than done but ignore Lisa if you can. You know her M.O. and she won't change. As my mother used to say, "what goes around, comes around."

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
No meeting yesterday with Exec Director. I saw him in the corridor.. I told him I left him a VM saying I wa ready at any time, but he knows all the issues. His face dropped and said, Yes, I know.
I do know he was extremely busy yesterday...

We had covid testing on Tuesday; 2 residents and one staff: Total for the past week: & residents 1 staff. YIKES!!
And the fire.. wow...

We are having the newspaper meeting this afternoon.. Honestly, if my article is not in total, I am just going to rescind it. f

Geoffrey, still boycotting the prescription food., If I bring it over to him, later, while he is under my bedspread, he usually eats it. Such a spoiled cat!!
Is still always cuddling with me, on recliner.. ❤. comes over to inform me he pooped, peed, or his dry food is empty, or he wants more food!! Silly baby..

I put up a couple, and I mean only a couple of Christmas things.. I got a string of miniature lights.. I just draped them around my fireplace, and a cabinet which is underneath the TV. So far, fingers crossed.. has not discovered them... fingers crossed.
It was kind of a relaxing day.. of course, the anticipation of waiting for phone call for a meeting was a bit nerve wracking. But I was ok.. I recognized how and why I am acting so weak.. too many things have been piling up since September, when I fell. It is one thing after another.. and so expensive..

But, I did something positive. I did a tiny bit of dusting.. Put on My Christmas music, and took out a few of my decorations.. and the lights.. Christmas is about lights!!
I had the one lonely strip of lights on, all afternoon.. I just ended up sitting there, on my recliner, with My Christmas music blasting, and staring at the lights, the beach... just siting... with eyes close.. I guess my rendition of meditation.

Geoffrey was cute. He came over to visit me a couple of times.. but not after the lights.. weird..

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No meeting yesterday with Exec Director. I saw him in the corridor.. I told him I left him a VM saying I wa ready at any time, but he knows all the issues. His face dropped and said, Yes, I know.
I do know he was extremely busy yesterday...

We had covid testing on Tuesday; 2 residents and one staff: Total for the past week: & residents 1 staff. YIKES!!
And the fire.. wow...

We are having the newspaper meeting this afternoon.. Honestly, if my article is not in total, I am just going to rescind it. f

Geoffrey, still boycotting the prescription food., If I bring it over to him, later, while he is under my bedspread, he usually eats it. Such a spoiled cat!!
Is still always cuddling with me, on recliner.. ❤. comes over to inform me he pooped, peed, or his dry food is empty, or he wants more food!! Silly baby..

I put up a couple, and I mean only a couple of Christmas things.. I got a string of miniature lights.. I just draped them around my fireplace, and a cabinet which is underneath the TV. So far, fingers crossed.. has not discovered them... fingers crossed.
It was kind of a relaxing day.. of course, the anticipation of waiting for phone call for a meeting was a bit nerve wracking. But I was ok.. I recognized how and why I am acting so weak.. too many things have been piling up since September, when I fell. It is one thing after another.. and so expensive..

But, I did something positive. I did a tiny bit of dusting.. Put on My Christmas music, and took out a few of my decorations.. and the lights.. Christmas is about lights!!
I had the one lonely strip of lights on, all afternoon.. I just ended up sitting there, on my recliner, with My Christmas music blasting, and staring at the lights, the beach... just siting... with eyes close.. I guess my rendition of meditation.

Geoffrey was cute. He came over to visit me a couple of times.. but not after the lights.. weird..
Lights, music and the sweetest of cats=pure bliss! Hoping all the problems are resolved quickly and that you're able to enjoy the season :redheartpump: :redcat::redheartpump: