Geoffrey Small Cell Lymphoma

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat is getting more clingy and loving too…I wonder if we are like security blankets to them as they get older. SO hard to tell about the vomits, isn’t it? Mine just did one; in my case, could be b/c I had to give him a different food than he was used to (out of the regular stuff) or because he HAD to go outside (I let him, he came right back in again, after his agenda item, good boy— I suspect a need for roughage). But yes, routine seems crucial, and the need to make sure we go to sleep! :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it has to do with the cooler weather, with Elvis, anyway. He seeks out the warmth, which is ME.
And the vomiting with him is often just regurgitation because he snorks what he loves and then it comes back up. I'm elevating his food bowl now, which helps. And brushing definitely cuts down on the furballs.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I am going back to the vinegar, baking soda, cleaning routine.
Our last pup had an autoimmune illness and was on a cocktail of meds. For that reason I only used a mixture of vinegar and water on the floors. Since he has passed I continued that cleaning routine to this very day.

I'm glad Geoffrey is over the side effects from his recent vaccination. I hope he continues to cuddle, snuggle and lavish you with affection. :catlove:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Our last pup had an autoimmune illness and was on a cocktail of meds. For that reason I only used a mixture of vinegar and water on the floors. Since he has passed I continued that cleaning routine to this very day.

I'm glad Geoffrey is over the side effects from his recent vaccination. I hope he continues to cuddle, snuggle and lavish you with affection. :catlove:
I have a thing with scented cleaners, most of them smell way off to me and I figure if it bothers me, it bothers them.
I use a Do Terra On Guard cleaner I love in the bathrooms, and I still will use Murphy's oil soap and Meyers Clean Day in certain areas. But floors especially I use just vinegar water or hot water with a drop of Murphy's.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a thing with scented cleaners, most of them smell way off to me and I figure if it bothers me, it bothers them.
I use a Do Terra On Guard cleaner I love in the bathrooms, and I still will use Murphy's oil soap and Meyers Clean Day in certain areas. But floors especially I use just vinegar water or hot water with a drop of Murphy's.
I just about gag when I walk through the cleaners aisle in the store. All those EXTREMELY STRONG, FAKE smells at war with each other! And they're making them stronger and stronger. Scented laundry soap. Scented dryer sheets. Scented crystals to pour in the dryer so your clothes reek for a month. Then put on scented antiperspirant, scented hair stuff, and on top of it all, some cologne/EdT, or perfume. It's all warring. Sometimes I have to stop myself from commenting when I get near one of these guys in our community that thinks, "I'm really a babe magnet after pouring half a bottle of cologne on me!":barf:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Geoffrey is still having vomiting episodes.. he vomited 3 days this week... too much.. I tried decreasing the dosage of Zofran from twice a day, to just once a day.. Nope.. he vomits about 3-4 days after decreasing the dose.
This is the third time I have tried to reduce the dos.. No way.. no more. I do not care what the IMVet says. Geoffrey is staying at the same dose. It is a very tiny amount, twice a day. It seems to help him.

Yesterday, I was really in a bad mood/funk. I really was.. He woke me up by vomiting and then repeatedly telling me to get up to clean it. Then after I gave him his meds, he spit up..
I was in constant contact with Vets secretary. I lost it.. I feel bad. I am really an emotional wreck with this cat. Vomiting is the only sign we had, that could indicate the lymphoma. I really lost it..
I told the secretary that the IMVet should NOT call me.. That I am DONE with trying to reduce any dosages of medications.
In my mind, Geoffrey has proven that he needs this regimen of meds.
I was also very upset at myself because on Tuesday, I stupidly banged my foot, against the bed leg, breaking a toe... middle one near instep. No medical treatment-- I know all they will do is x-ray it, buddy wrap it to the other toe, and perhaps a boot.. I am doing the buddy wrapping myself, but it is so painful. I have so much to do around here.. The last thing I need is Geoffrey vomiting and not eating.. and getting sick.. It is really painful. I cannot stay off of it. I have let a lot go, but things need to get done. That is another reason why I really lost it...

The IMVet insists on cutting back.. I disagree. That is why I did not want him to call. I did inform him about the vomiting episodes, because I want him to be aware of how many times Geoffrey Vomits..

This morning, again, he woke me up with vomiting. He went right over to his dry food. I took that away from him, to settle his stomach. Gave him breakfast an hour later. He refused it. I had to attend a funeral this morning. When I returned, he was still under my bedspread--same position, and the food-- both wet and dry was untouched.

I tried getting him to eat, a couple times... nope... Finally, around 2:30pm, I gave him a Cerenia tablet in a capsule. Ten minutes later, he spit up foam, and the water chaser.. dam..

Crawling all over me, all over the apartment, looking for food--- yet, his wet and dry were both out there..
After 9 hours of not eating, I gave in. I opened up a can of RAWZ, and gave him a bit.. He downed it in no time at all.
Later, I gave him some more. Again downing it... so he has had 1/2 of the 5 oz can of Rawz. I feel better.

Sometimes, he needs/requires/wants a change in food, after vomiting... dam.. and he will go back to the prescription food.

Sweet Geoffrey: Tuesday, when I banged my foot/toes, I screamed. A high pitched scream..falling on rug.. Geoffrey was under my bedspread. He came right over to me... rubbing my body, checking out my foot, looking so concerned..
I have never seen him do this. Artie was my nurse-cat.... Geoffrey no.. but this time he came to try to help me. You could see it on his face. Every time I go over to him, he purrs.. He loves me. I can see it on his face. he rolls over, purring.. He is full of love..

This time of year is hard on me.. This year, for some reason, it is especially hard. I am so cranky, and feeling so down, and things are just not going well for me.. in so many ways.. emotionally, physically, and financially. It is getting ab it too much.. My dad died on Jan 3, 2012; put on hospice day after Christmas, in the hospital on New Years Eve.. so bad memories. ... for some reason, it is hitting me really hard this year. I keep reliving, day to day, what happened 10 years ago.. It is making me short tempered, and cranky. I have not patience., I do not even have a desire to take out any of my Christmas decorations, or even listen to Christmas music---which I absolutely love.. Yes, a clinical depression...

And with Geoffrey.. OMG.. this sweet little being.. He is such a good kitty.. so sweet.. such a little boy.. Yet, he has such a horrible diagnosis.. and must feel horrible with all the vomiting he is undergoing... along with all the medications.. But, he is so good. Such a Sweetheart..

And what keeps going though my mind is that Geoffrey will most likely be my last cat. I do not want things to end this way with him.. He is too young. We have been through so much.. He is taking tia ll in stride. So loving..

Honestly, I thought that with adopting a younger cat (4 yrs old), I would have a longer time with him.. I adopted Artie when eh was 8 years old. I had him for only 6 years. I have had Geoffrey for only 4 years, and have this diagnosis..
I feel gypped. I really do.. It is not fair.... not to me, and most definitely NOT to Geoffrey. He is so young..

Each time he vomits, and especially this week, I keep thinking the SCL is raging more and more.. That it is back..He was doing so good until he saw the Vet and got the Rabies vaccine. That is so much in teh past, that it sound not be an issue anymore.. Yet, he is still vomiting.. So, what is it?? Diabetes?? Anemia??? or the Cancer is ravishing him...

He has lost a bit of weight. He did need to, but not like this. I will weigh him, on Monday.

I apologize for anyone who reads this. I am really a downer... the vomiting really upsets me.. The IMVEt keeps telling me that Cats do vomit, and it does not mean anything.. I am almost ready to say to him; "Yes, and you put it off for all these years, saying it was normal. When "I" put my foot down and insisted on an endoscopy because it was NOT normal. The results came back as IBD and SCL-- dam you!".... We could have started treatment earlier, rather than later.. Thank God I put Geoffrey on the prescription rabbit food. I recognized IBD from my experience with Artie..
I know ImVEt is supposedly well respected, but I really do have my doubts..

Again, sorry for posting this..
Thank God, I have a therapist appointment Monday.. last time I cried.. I am thinking I may do the same this time.. I do too think the 45 minutes will be enough for me... so much to tell...
I am venting to you... and baring my soul..

I really love my little boy; Who has had a horrible life.... He is supposed to me MY emotional Support Animal; but I feel I am emotionally supporting him.... dam.. when will life be good to me..

All I ever wanted was a kitty to love, and love me back... instead, I get: Diabetic, IBD, MegaColon, Arrhythmias, and now Small Cell Lymphoma.. I feel useless and cheated...

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry. This is all just too much for you in too short of a time frame. My opinion may or may not be popular, but I agree on the IM vet situation. If they aren't getting results....you know Geoffrey best. You know how he acts with what medications and you know what is and isn't normal as far as his behavior goes. Cats with chronic vomiting IMO is not normal. When Tag was sick back in 2014, they told me it was IBD and he needed a prescription diet. I can't explain why, but something didn't "feel" right with that. I didn't follow their advice, and the vomiting stopped. Vets are medical doctors, but I know when a pill is not helping and I know when taking a pill away intensifies problems. You are not a stupid person. Trust your gut. Trust what G is showing you.
There is something about a toe injury. Something so small hurts SO BAD. I've caught my outside toe on things as I'm moving around the house and it is excruciating. I hope it heals up fast.
I don't think you're useless, but I understand how you feel cheated. It's so stressful knowing how sick they are and it makes us feel so helpless when we can't fix it. Just wave that magic wand and fix it.
:hugs: :petcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Geoffrey is still having vomiting episodes.. he vomited 3 days this week... too much.. I tried decreasing the dosage of Zofran from twice a day, to just once a day.. Nope.. he vomits about 3-4 days after decreasing the dose.
This is the third time I have tried to reduce the dos.. No way.. no more. I do not care what the IMVet says. Geoffrey is staying at the same dose. It is a very tiny amount, twice a day. It seems to help him.

Yesterday, I was really in a bad mood/funk. I really was.. He woke me up by vomiting and then repeatedly telling me to get up to clean it. Then after I gave him his meds, he spit up..
I was in constant contact with Vets secretary. I lost it.. I feel bad. I am really an emotional wreck with this cat. Vomiting is the only sign we had, that could indicate the lymphoma. I really lost it..
I told the secretary that the IMVet should NOT call me.. That I am DONE with trying to reduce any dosages of medications.
In my mind, Geoffrey has proven that he needs this regimen of meds.
I was also very upset at myself because on Tuesday, I stupidly banged my foot, against the bed leg, breaking a toe... middle one near instep. No medical treatment-- I know all they will do is x-ray it, buddy wrap it to the other toe, and perhaps a boot.. I am doing the buddy wrapping myself, but it is so painful. I have so much to do around here.. The last thing I need is Geoffrey vomiting and not eating.. and getting sick.. It is really painful. I cannot stay off of it. I have let a lot go, but things need to get done. That is another reason why I really lost it...

The IMVet insists on cutting back.. I disagree. That is why I did not want him to call. I did inform him about the vomiting episodes, because I want him to be aware of how many times Geoffrey Vomits..

This morning, again, he woke me up with vomiting. He went right over to his dry food. I took that away from him, to settle his stomach. Gave him breakfast an hour later. He refused it. I had to attend a funeral this morning. When I returned, he was still under my bedspread--same position, and the food-- both wet and dry was untouched.

I tried getting him to eat, a couple times... nope... Finally, around 2:30pm, I gave him a Cerenia tablet in a capsule. Ten minutes later, he spit up foam, and the water chaser.. dam..

Crawling all over me, all over the apartment, looking for food--- yet, his wet and dry were both out there..
After 9 hours of not eating, I gave in. I opened up a can of RAWZ, and gave him a bit.. He downed it in no time at all.
Later, I gave him some more. Again downing it... so he has had 1/2 of the 5 oz can of Rawz. I feel better.

Sometimes, he needs/requires/wants a change in food, after vomiting... dam.. and he will go back to the prescription food.

Sweet Geoffrey: Tuesday, when I banged my foot/toes, I screamed. A high pitched scream..falling on rug.. Geoffrey was under my bedspread. He came right over to me... rubbing my body, checking out my foot, looking so concerned..
I have never seen him do this. Artie was my nurse-cat.... Geoffrey no.. but this time he came to try to help me. You could see it on his face. Every time I go over to him, he purrs.. He loves me. I can see it on his face. he rolls over, purring.. He is full of love..

This time of year is hard on me.. This year, for some reason, it is especially hard. I am so cranky, and feeling so down, and things are just not going well for me.. in so many ways.. emotionally, physically, and financially. It is getting ab it too much.. My dad died on Jan 3, 2012; put on hospice day after Christmas, in the hospital on New Years Eve.. so bad memories. ... for some reason, it is hitting me really hard this year. I keep reliving, day to day, what happened 10 years ago.. It is making me short tempered, and cranky. I have not patience., I do not even have a desire to take out any of my Christmas decorations, or even listen to Christmas music---which I absolutely love.. Yes, a clinical depression...

And with Geoffrey.. OMG.. this sweet little being.. He is such a good kitty.. so sweet.. such a little boy.. Yet, he has such a horrible diagnosis.. and must feel horrible with all the vomiting he is undergoing... along with all the medications.. But, he is so good. Such a Sweetheart..

And what keeps going though my mind is that Geoffrey will most likely be my last cat. I do not want things to end this way with him.. He is too young. We have been through so much.. He is taking tia ll in stride. So loving..

Honestly, I thought that with adopting a younger cat (4 yrs old), I would have a longer time with him.. I adopted Artie when eh was 8 years old. I had him for only 6 years. I have had Geoffrey for only 4 years, and have this diagnosis..
I feel gypped. I really do.. It is not fair.... not to me, and most definitely NOT to Geoffrey. He is so young..

Each time he vomits, and especially this week, I keep thinking the SCL is raging more and more.. That it is back..He was doing so good until he saw the Vet and got the Rabies vaccine. That is so much in teh past, that it sound not be an issue anymore.. Yet, he is still vomiting.. So, what is it?? Diabetes?? Anemia??? or the Cancer is ravishing him...

He has lost a bit of weight. He did need to, but not like this. I will weigh him, on Monday.

I apologize for anyone who reads this. I am really a downer... the vomiting really upsets me.. The IMVEt keeps telling me that Cats do vomit, and it does not mean anything.. I am almost ready to say to him; "Yes, and you put it off for all these years, saying it was normal. When "I" put my foot down and insisted on an endoscopy because it was NOT normal. The results came back as IBD and SCL-- dam you!".... We could have started treatment earlier, rather than later.. Thank God I put Geoffrey on the prescription rabbit food. I recognized IBD from my experience with Artie..
I know ImVEt is supposedly well respected, but I really do have my doubts..

Again, sorry for posting this..
Thank God, I have a therapist appointment Monday.. last time I cried.. I am thinking I may do the same this time.. I do too think the 45 minutes will be enough for me... so much to tell...
I am venting to you... and baring my soul..

I really love my little boy; Who has had a horrible life.... He is supposed to me MY emotional Support Animal; but I feel I am emotionally supporting him.... dam.. when will life be good to me..

All I ever wanted was a kitty to love, and love me back... instead, I get: Diabetic, IBD, MegaColon, Arrhythmias, and now Small Cell Lymphoma.. I feel useless and cheated...
Hoping your Monday appt. will help and/or that you will just feel brighter on your own.
A lot of people feel anything but how the media and others tell them to feel at this time of year, for all the reasons. You're not alone and you have nothing to apologize for. And here at TCS, we're here for one another! I'm sure I'm not alone in just wanting you to feel better, emotionally and physically.
Anything to do with my feet is a major, major thing, so I empathize and again, hope you heal quickly. It couldn't have been easy to have to go to a funeral in pain!
As for those doubts, I again hope you won't listen to those negative voices. Geoffrey loves you. He's your beloved cat and you're his beloved family/guardian. NO ONE ever knows how long their earthly life will last. Take it day by day, hour by hour/minute by minute if you have to, and try to live now, not worry for/about the future. Geoffrey is with you now; he's concerned for you as you are for him. You can help each other to feel better in all ways. If he likes his RAWZ, then give him that. As to his meds, IDK. You have a background in that; I don't and I feel absolutely differently from most people so I won't write on that. But I do wish the rabies vax wasn't forced on indoor-only cats, especially those who have health issues as Geoffrey does. Hopefully his care team knows how stressful it is to be caring for a cat with special needs, and they will have forgotten, or at least forgiven, any reactions. They should. They're trained to do this as you know from your own career of dealing with sick humans and their families.
I've probably asked this before but does Geoffrey like/can he have any of the squeeze-ups so many cats love?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with all the above members who posted. :agree: You have nothing to apologize for especially to us since we have all been in a similar situation and sympathize with you. When we rescued a kitten who passed from FIP I thought my heart would break from grief, then another cat who we adopted passed away from hepatic lipidosis at only 7 yrs. old, the list goes on but you're right, i.e. it doesn't get easier. All we can do is live in the moment and be thankful that we are their caregivers because someone else may not care for their cat(s) like we do. You have gone above and beyond to do everything you can for Geoffrey and he knows it, you said yourself how attentive he was when you broke your toe. Please don't feel you are a downer as you said - we all understand and want you to know how much we care about you. :grouphug: I hope talking to your therapist on Monday will help too.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, on top of everything: I had to wake Geoffrey up this morning. He was in such a deep sleep, that he did not hear my 2 alarms go off. He was sleeping at the foot of my bed... sending his love vibes to my feet. Sweet boy.

I had to literally move my feet, touch him, to get him up.. for a fleeting second, I thought he was not alive, because he did not move.

And to top the week off:
I write for the buildings newspaper. I really enjoy doing so. I love doing research into different topics-- a lot of history.. This month is All the December holidays: Hanukah, Christmas, Father Christmas (UK), Boxing Day (UK) and Kawanza. I even got images of the Coca Cola Santa Claus, and Norman Rockwells Saturday Evening Post Santa Claus.
Well, during the meeting, on Friday. The so-called 'editor" (program director of the building) cut out ALL of Santa Claus, Boxing Day, Father Christmas, and all my images. I was furious. She did not even have the courtesy to tell me she cut it off all.. and she cut my last 2 paragraphs, explaining the direct link between all these holidays-- family, friends, hope, lightness, remembrances of people past, and love... She said it was a duplication of the first paragraph!!!!!
She did not even have the courtesy to tell me that she cut it. The only way I found this out, was when I just happened to see my article in a mock up... Furious... She refuses to add an extra page to the newspaper.. dam her.

And she accused me of Plagiarism! dam her. This person just wants me off the newspaper. I refused leaving and this is what I am getting from her.. Nope, not doing it anymore. I really enjoy writing; discovered I have a bit of a talent for it. All my articles have been well received.. I have gotten a ton of positive encouragement from writing.. but it is not worth the drama of dealing with this woman, who is on an ego-trip...

She did somewhat the same thing to another author.. But not as bad as mine. I fought her.
I was still fuming at her, on Saturday morning.. and during the night on Friday.. Email is dangerous.
Friday night I sent her an email telling her that I do not Plagiarize! I told her I was not the only person in the group, (of 3) who picked up on her accusations.

Saturday morning, before the funeral. I sent another email. I told her that I did not appreciate her lack of courtesy in 'hacking' my article. That this was supposed to be 'fun' , yet it has turned and is not FUN anymore. Oh Yeah, I let it fly.
I also told her that perhaps editing--which she took on herself, she was supposed to be formatting it, only-- was too much for her.
Also told her I know what her response will be: "like it or leave", as she has said to me in the past. This is something you say to a child. I am not a child and will not be treated like one. And that if the articles are too long, Since she is the ONLY STAFF member to have a column, then she could eliminate it one month. This was suggested the last time, she hacked my article.. Yup, this was not the first time.
Told her I enjoy writing. I enjoy the research, It is a labor of love, it is personal; but to see my article, which I has taken up so much of my time; hacked apart is an disgrace... Especially, in this so called proclaimed, "year of kindness'--- building is trying tis to stop hate, rumors in here, is not in keeping with the word of kindness..
~~
Geoffrey's issues, along with my breaking my toe/foot, and no Christmas decorations, really hit me hard.
I stood up for myself... in my emails.. I never do... It has been a very very difficult time period.

Problem is; This Woman I stood up to, is a Staff member of this building..I never cared for her, and cringed when she got this new position... I have to deal with her, as long as I live here...

My gut feeling is that I am going to withdraw my article... and I am going to leave the newspaper. It is too much of a hassle. right now. I am also going to leave the book club.. I really do not care for the people in there, and they Never read the book.. all they want are short, quick, easy, HAPPY reads... Not for me... I am done with them. I got the next book, on my own, because it sounded interesting.. but I will read it on my own. I do not need this drama in my life. The book club was another one of this "programming director's" ideas.. It has dwindled from 30 down to 8 people. All they do is complain.. book too long, subject matter horrible, did not read it.... blah blah blah.....
~~
Looking back, no wonder Geoffrey and this time of year is hitting me so hard.

I swear this entire place is nothing but drama.

Thank you for listening..

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
artiemom artiemom : I've read every word of your last 2 posts, and no wonder you're feeling stressed and overwhelmed. The hits keep coming at you, both emotionally and physically. Stepping away from the drama there makes sense. You need to focus on yourself and Geoffrey. Hope things improve a bit soon. Hugs...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom : I've read every word of your last 2 posts, and no wonder you're feeling stressed and overwhelmed. The hits keep coming at you, both emotionally and physically. Stepping away from the drama there makes sense. You need to focus on yourself and Geoffrey. Hope things improve a bit soon. Hugs...
Thank you so much.. I really appreciate this... Yes, my decision(s) are made:

1) inform Vet that Geoffrey is SICK!!
2) Insist on NOT decreasing any meds...
3) withdraw from BookClub--- in January
4) At Thursdays Newspaper meeting: Either rescind my article and quit right then and there~~~ or see what transpires, and quit for next issue.... If I rescind the article, I am going to take a black Marker, from home, cross out the entire article, and say, and walk out... Sounds like a temper tantrum.. probably not do the black marker thing-- adding to drama.. but... I will rescind it, telling her that now she has plenty of room. Most probably just tell her to delete my article. and that will be it..

I worked hard on this article, and was very proud of it.

I need peace from all the drama in here.
~~~~~~~
Geoffrey is sick.. I can see it in his face and in his behavior. He ate.. due to mirtaz last night.. Today is a chemo day.. DAM
I hate it.. Will give it later this afternoon. I want him to calm down.. I left a worn sweatshirt on top of my bed. He has not moved from it, for 3 hours... poor baby.. it really breaks my heart. I love him so much.. His face is so expressive.. I can tell.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama is right.
artiemom artiemom Cindy, I empathize so much. Because I do, I'll share an experience from my past.
In school, there was one girl I could not stand on sight. She apparently didn't like me, either. We had some of the same classes and it was so bad I didn't even want to look at her. IDK why except that we were so very, very different in appearance and in personality. (I'm one of those dark intense geeky types and she was a blonde, blue-eyed, bubbly, kind of silly type).
I don't remember how it happened. But somehow, we actually spoke to each other. We each admitted that we hated each other on sight.
And we became friends.
She was one of my best friends. Sometimes I was furious at things she said (about others. She could be pretty thoughtless and ignorant at times) but for some reason, we clicked.
So what I'm saying is that sometimes face to face and heart to heart can work wonders. Not always. But you might want to think about it before taking further action.
If you decided on this and it resulted in letting off steam and even resolving the issue in your favor, think of how much stress would be off your shoulders!
And then, you'd have more positive energy to heal, and to help your sweet boy.:redheartpump::redcat::redheartpump::hugs:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey seems to have perked up a bit.. fingers crossed, no vomiting. He did eat his breakfast.. and while I was out at Mass, he ate some more. I gave him the dose of Budesonide and Zofran. Got Zofran and Mirtaz last night.
He helped me fold and put my laundry away!
He ran from me, under the bed, when he saw the chemo (gloves) coming at him.. smart boy!

He is back on my bed, on top of my sweatshirt. ❤
He looks so much better.

Thanks for all your help...
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I appreciate the story, but I do not think this person and I can ever be friends. I have not cared for her since I first met her.. almost 4 years ago. I have had a lot of contact with her. I tried talking to her... nope. Tried to ask the reasons for these things-- got no where; except for her to say that SHE is the editor, and can do what she wants.

Truth of the matter, she denies remembering that at our first few newspaper meetings, she insisted she was only our GUIDE, and would help with the format. What we decided as a group---(3 core members) would go.. Then, She decided on a personal path to stardom in the corporation---writing on LGBTQ issues-- since her son came out..Ok.. But she pushed an agenda to corporate for NEW LGBTQ programs, with HER spearheading it.. It is her claim to fame. She is on a power trip.
She always had an ego.. and was blunt, to the point of being curt to many seniors. I saw that myself, and also was a victim of it. I never said anything. She started as a 'gym' person. When the executive secretary's position opened up, She literally RAN for it-- creating it into a different postal : "Executive secretary and programming director". Her ego is immense.

I realize this is from some need of hers, to support her son; but, she has taken it as her own personal agenda..
When questioned why she was writing a column. She said: "Because I am the editor, and I can do what I want."..
Alll of us just looked at each other when we heard this statement.. No one suggested she become editor.

I have no problems with LGBTQ stuff.. but when it, as with anything else, is constantly rammed down my through.

Problem is: people in here are seniors... most are very old.. most do not remember things.. I have a pretty good memory. My mind is fairly sharp. You cannot put things over on me. I have had enough of that in my workplace. I will not be treated as an employee, and the newspaper as a job.

Anyway.. We will see what transpires tomorrow, during business hours. Not gonna meet with her.. nope.. She wants it business--that is what she is going to get...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
After the major building Disaster this afternoon; with me pulling Geoffrey out from under my bed, in case we had to evacuate... Geoffrey seems much better... It was frightening for both of us... really frightening...

Later, I Gave Geoffrey more OTC RAWZ rabbit.. He inhaled it.. more liken himself.. Thank you, God...

One thing I realized during this major disaster, was how much I love and care for Geoffrey. I ran upstairs, as soon as I could, to physically move him out from under my bed, put him in his carrier, got all his meds and my meds, along with a 26 ox bottle of water, into a tote bag... opened up my mini flatbed, and took him downstairs, in case we needed to evacuate the building.. I did not take any litter or his chemo... I had my credit cards in my handbag.. so I was ok with that..

I was a wreck and the only person who brought their 'baby' downstairs with them... OMG>> I was in tears, thinking of him being alone ... if this was a real emergency... he would be alone.. no extra food, no nothing..

Yes it was that bad. I really thought the we could have been evacuated from the building... no water, no electricity, no elevator... I needed my baby with me..He has been so sick that I could not think of leaving him...I was really almost in tears...

After all of this, I met a friend, whom I have not seen for months=---snow bird.. at a a beach food/drink/pizza place.. about
300 yards from my building.. It was what I needed.. and a couple of drinks, an awesome cheeseburger, with sweet potato fries... and just got away from things..

When I returned home, The entire Maintence staff was holding court in the lobby. Property management was here also--love her--such a kind sweet person.. I stopped to talk to them. I vented to the PM person.. She was supportive of me..told her about the newspaper issue.. I told her I do not get along with so-and so... She rolled her eyes and said.. "Oh< another ONE!! " and nodded.. She vehemently told me that it was NOT me... Many people are having issues with this SAME person!! OMG>>> It is NOT ME! The property management person told me to stand up for myself.. that there ar many people have issue with this one...

I feel much more validated... and I know I am doing the right thing..

Getting back to Geoffrey.. He is so much better... almost a complete turnaround!!!
I swear this kitty has gone through all of his 9 lives and is still going on...
CATS....!!!!????

He has lost about a pound.. I can tell by looking at him and feeling him..need to weigh him tomorrow.

I am too involved with him.. too emotioanlly involved with a cat---Geoffrey.. Getting to wonder if this is normal.. and god for me..
love my little boy..

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I worked hard on this article, and was very proud of it.
I know you worked hard on the article and for that reason alone I would not give her the satisfaction of deleting or editing your article. That's exactly what she wants, she sounds like a bully. You're proud of your work so why should you give in to her ego trip. Perhaps the other three members and you should stand up to her together.

So sorry to hear about the building evacuation. :eek: That must have been dreadful but thankfully you had Geoffrey with you and you met up with a kindhearted friend who was supportive. I hope the rest of your evening goes smoothly.🤗 You'll certainly have a lot to tell your therapist, won't you?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After the major building Disaster this afternoon; with me pulling Geoffrey out from under my bed, in case we had to evacuate... Geoffrey seems much better... It was frightening for both of us... really frightening...

Later, I Gave Geoffrey more OTC RAWZ rabbit.. He inhaled it.. more liken himself.. Thank you, God...

One thing I realized during this major disaster, was how much I love and care for Geoffrey. I ran upstairs, as soon as I could, to physically move him out from under my bed, put him in his carrier, got all his meds and my meds, along with a 26 ox bottle of water, into a tote bag... opened up my mini flatbed, and took him downstairs, in case we needed to evacuate the building.. I did not take any litter or his chemo... I had my credit cards in my handbag.. so I was ok with that..

I was a wreck and the only person who brought their 'baby' downstairs with them... OMG>> I was in tears, thinking of him being alone ... if this was a real emergency... he would be alone.. no extra food, no nothing..

Yes it was that bad. I really thought the we could have been evacuated from the building... no water, no electricity, no elevator... I needed my baby with me..He has been so sick that I could not think of leaving him...I was really almost in tears...

After all of this, I met a friend, whom I have not seen for months=---snow bird.. at a a beach food/drink/pizza place.. about
300 yards from my building.. It was what I needed.. and a couple of drinks, an awesome cheeseburger, with sweet potato fries... and just got away from things..

When I returned home, The entire Maintence staff was holding court in the lobby. Property management was here also--love her--such a kind sweet person.. I stopped to talk to them. I vented to the PM person.. She was supportive of me..told her about the newspaper issue.. I told her I do not get along with so-and so... She rolled her eyes and said.. "Oh< another ONE!! " and nodded.. She vehemently told me that it was NOT me... Many people are having issues with this SAME person!! OMG>>> It is NOT ME! The property management person told me to stand up for myself.. that there ar many people have issue with this one...

I feel much more validated... and I know I am doing the right thing..

Getting back to Geoffrey.. He is so much better... almost a complete turnaround!!!
I swear this kitty has gone through all of his 9 lives and is still going on...
CATS....!!!!????

He has lost about a pound.. I can tell by looking at him and feeling him..need to weigh him tomorrow.

I am too involved with him.. too emotioanlly involved with a cat---Geoffrey.. Getting to wonder if this is normal.. and god for me..
love my little boy..
You can't be "too involved with a cat." :yess: Elvis is my love and I feel the same way about him, with no apologies or guilt or anything of the kind. Just positive!
Well, I understand what you've shared. There was one of those hired on a job I had once -- not really "above" me but she was asst. to the Pres. and I was asst. to the VP. In no time, she ran through most of the office, getting us axed. I was one of the last to go. I bent over backwards trying to be diplomatic until she accused me of lying, to the Pres., at which point I had to contradict her. It didn't work. I often wonder how he got along after I left. She had heavy connections and I think she was ultimately unstoppable. I'll never know, but she was certainly a wolf in sheep's clothing at the beginning, and when the sheepskin came off, she was exposed as the barracuda she was.
Another great one was office manager in another job. He ran afoul of so many of the staff that the head office actually hired a shrink to try to find out why this was happening. I was gone by then and never knew what transpired, but a friend was still there and she told me about that much of it. Another egocentric power-tripper.
Yeah, some people just can't be gotten along with.
Glad you shared your story with someone else and that it apparently struck a chord with them. You never know. Hang on if you can. Could be that she leaves and you stay. Hoping so, anyway.
And glad that you're home after a pleasant interlude. Very relieved to hear Geoffrey is feeling better and eating! Wishing you both a nice evening and a peaceful night.