Geoffrey Small Cell Lymphoma

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do not believe you're acting weak. You're standing up for yourself, taking action in any way possible, making decisions, and sticking to them. You're also making sure you do positive and good things for yourself, which is an incredibly difficult thing to do when you'd rather throw in the towel because you're under so much stress. That's strength IMO. With so much piling up in a short period of time, it's no wonder you're stressed out but I think you're handling it well, hard as it is.
I love how he informs you he needs food or peed or pooped, that's so cute! If I sit down and read or watch TV, all 3 cats join me. If I sit and do as you did, eyes closed and just thinking, they usually don't. I wonder if they sense there's something different with us vs. passively watching TV, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Executive director called me yesterday. just before the newspaper meeting.. blah blah blah... He was concerned that this was not fun anymore.. He did say that Lisa is stubborn. He said he appreciates her trying to cut costs, but, to a point... Wanted to know how she came about to be 'editor'..was surprised to hear that she anointed herself as such.
Blah blah blah...I said she was originally an advisor and formatter. He wished me luck in whatever I decided to do.. He said that over the many long yeas he has been her---25 years, they have tried to start a newsletter, but never a real newspaper.
We have been at this for 9 issues... that is a lot! and we have a strong audience.
He said he is proud of our paper.

At meeting, Lisa was so different... calmer, not stressed, pleasant... She put in my last 2 paragraphs.. I gave her a typed up rewrite of the kwanza (plagiarized) stuff-- her red pen came out-- Oh how I would love to stick that red pen up her somewhere.... She did add one paragraph on Christmas. I did not yell about not having the rest of its in there.

We had to almost rewrite an entire article, someone sent in.. really bad, not cohesive, rambling. It took a lot of work from another writer and me...
At the end of the meeting; the other writer asked if we could discuss, for the new year, creating one on one editing of each others work.. Lisa was NOT against it... interesting... The other writer ws to for it. She wanted things to stay the same-- She is older, and does not want to offend anyone; especially anyone on Staff... Just wants moonlight and roses around.

I was talking to the Woman with the editing suggestion; after the meeting.. She was shocked to hear that Lisa denied the accusation of plagiarism. Especially, since she heard exactly what was verbally said. So.... perhaps...

Next week is another meeting.. to finally get the paper out.. and discuss what else to do...

I am calmer now... I feel like taking a month off... but, after I stated my peace, I do not know if that is wise to do...
~~~~~~~~
Geoffrey was so sweet... omg... It was a chemo day.. wow.. week 24... time flies. He looked a bit pale to me..
I caught him hiding, in-between all my bed pillows.. The pillows were a mess, after I made up my bed, but he found a way to hunker down in them..

Still not eating great.. I am giving him 1/2 dose of mirtz at night. He has a strong habit of telling me when he uses his box!
You would think he is so clean... but: He never washes his bum!! Sometimes, I have to wipe it for him... crazy cat!!.

Here are pictures from yesterday.. He was sleepy. Knows what the phone camera is, and shies away... 69A89485-214C-45EF-A49D-842D217194A6.jpeg FC11A3DA-DF1B-4FBB-A3AB-D9BFB82BA61A.jpeg
Please disregard the mess. I had things nice and neat.. Geoffrey made this mess, in order to find a warm hiding spot...
sweet boy..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Executive director called me yesterday. just before the newspaper meeting.. blah blah blah... He was concerned that this was not fun anymore.. He did say that Lisa is stubborn. He said he appreciates her trying to cut costs, but, to a point... Wanted to know how she came about to be 'editor'..was surprised to hear that she anointed herself as such.
Blah blah blah...I said she was originally an advisor and formatter. He wished me luck in whatever I decided to do.. He said that over the many long yeas he has been her---25 years, they have tried to start a newsletter, but never a real newspaper.
We have been at this for 9 issues... that is a lot! and we have a strong audience.
He said he is proud of our paper.

At meeting, Lisa was so different... calmer, not stressed, pleasant... She put in my last 2 paragraphs.. I gave her a typed up rewrite of the kwanza (plagiarized) stuff-- her red pen came out-- Oh how I would love to stick that red pen up her somewhere.... She did add one paragraph on Christmas. I did not yell about not having the rest of its in there.

We had to almost rewrite an entire article, someone sent in.. really bad, not cohesive, rambling. It took a lot of work from another writer and me...
At the end of the meeting; the other writer asked if we could discuss, for the new year, creating one on one editing of each others work.. Lisa was NOT against it... interesting... The other writer ws to for it. She wanted things to stay the same-- She is older, and does not want to offend anyone; especially anyone on Staff... Just wants moonlight and roses around.

I was talking to the Woman with the editing suggestion; after the meeting.. She was shocked to hear that Lisa denied the accusation of plagiarism. Especially, since she heard exactly what was verbally said. So.... perhaps...

Next week is another meeting.. to finally get the paper out.. and discuss what else to do...

I am calmer now... I feel like taking a month off... but, after I stated my peace, I do not know if that is wise to do...
~~~~~~~~
Geoffrey was so sweet... omg... It was a chemo day.. wow.. week 24... time flies. He looked a bit pale to me..
I caught him hiding, in-between all my bed pillows.. The pillows were a mess, after I made up my bed, but he found a way to hunker down in them..

Still not eating great.. I am giving him 1/2 dose of mirtz at night. He has a strong habit of telling me when he uses his box!
You would think he is so clean... but: He never washes his bum!! Sometimes, I have to wipe it for him... crazy cat!!.

Here are pictures from yesterday.. He was sleepy. Knows what the phone camera is, and shies away...View attachment 438477View attachment 438478
Please disregard the mess. I had things nice and neat.. Geoffrey made this mess, in order to find a warm hiding spot...
sweet boy..
No "mess" -- just a very handsome Geoffrey, who I hope is eating and feeling better today.
I notice a LOT of people do a 180 these days when confronted with their bad behavior. I'm sure we're all seeing this. :insertevillaugh:
Again, all the BEST to you in your writing and publishing struggle! Sounds like something/someone is getting through where it matters, even if gradually...;)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
No "mess" -- just a very handsome Geoffrey, who I hope is eating and feeling better today.
:yeah: I think all or most of our cats wait for us to tidy up the linens and then dive in only to make a mess. They enjoy it! :lol:

Fingers crossed Geoffrey's chemo day went well and his appetite perks up with the Mirtazapine. :crossfingers: Glad to hear you feel calmer and hope next week's paper meeting does not cause you any more stress. 🤗

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
My cleaner is here... Geoffrey is under bedspread.. Have to bring some food over to him, when she leaves, and give him his chemo around 2pm... late day..
Listening to Christmas Music... wrote out Christmas cards... will go down, later, to mailbox.. I have about 5 to bring to friends in here.

Poor Geoffrey.. I usually spend time with him.. but I could not find my Cards. I had to search and search for them. I put them somewhere a couple of days ago.. Finally found them.
Now, I am trapped in living area, while she washes my floors... poor baby is alone..

I have to weigh him. He seem a bit thinner.. I know he is not eating as well as before all of this mess... but still a love.. and a love bug.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cleaner is here... Geoffrey is under bedspread.. Have to bring some food over to him, when she leaves, and give him his chemo around 2pm... late day..
Listening to Christmas Music... wrote out Christmas cards... will go down, later, to mailbox.. I have about 5 to bring to friends in here.

Poor Geoffrey.. I usually spend time with him.. but I could not find my Cards. I had to search and search for them. I put them somewhere a couple of days ago.. Finally found them.
Now, I am trapped in living area, while she washes my floors... poor baby is alone..

I have to weigh him. He seem a bit thinner.. I know he is not eating as well as before all of this mess... but still a love.. and a love bug.
I've probably asked this before, but does Geoffrey like/can he have any of the squeeze-ups a lot of cats love? I've never bought so don't know which ones are best, but I do know they're wildly popular with cats.
I wasn't going to do cards this year but I ended up doing a few and they went out yesterday. My list gets shorter each year and this year is hard because my last surviving aunt, a beloved favorite, passed in September so I'm short that card.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I've probably asked this before, but does Geoffrey like/can he have any of the squeeze-ups a lot of cats love? I've never bought so don't know which ones are best, but I do know they're wildly popular with cats.
I wasn't going to do cards this year but I ended up doing a few and they went out yesterday. My list gets shorter each year and this year is hard because my last surviving aunt, a beloved favorite, passed in September so I'm short that card.
No, I cannot give him any of the squeeze type things. He has a chicken allergy. Last time I tried them, he got GI sick from it, IBD.
Not only does Geoffrey have SCL, he also has IBD..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I cannot give him any of the squeeze type things. He has a chicken allergy. Last time I tried them, he got GI sick from it, IBD.
Not only does Geoffrey have SCL, he also has IBD..
Yeah, that's what I thought. You might be able to blend foods he loves and water in a blender and make a slurry yourself. Texture is important (to cats, and to us) and he might really like this. Maybe worth a try? Just a thought.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey is Geoffrey.. still the same.. sometimes he looks as if he does not feel well.. have to correlate that to his chemo days. He is so hard to tell.. Not playing.. but..

He will eat the canned food, as long as it is room temp. He used to eat it right out of the refrigerator, but now, he prefers it room temp. The weather is much colder; and I wonder about his teeth.. I asked the Vet about them, he said they were fine. But I still wonder. Although, with his diagnosis of SCL, I wonder if even having a dental would be a good idea.
I mix his food with a bit of water.. have always done so.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
He will eat the canned food, as long as it is room temp.
I'm the same way, lol. :biggrin: Sorry but I thought I'd throw in a bit of humor. All kidding aside, Carleton is like Geoffrey when it comes to his food, i.e. prefers room temp. food and I mix in a little warm water too.

Regarding your concern about a dental for G - since the vet thinks his teeth are fine if it were me I'd hold off too. He'd have to undergo anesthesia and I would be concerned about upsetting the applecart. He's already on several meds and has been through a lot of changes in the past six months. Maybe you could ask about a dental down the road but for now it might be best to leave well enough alone.

Glad to hear Geoffrey is the same, no news is good news so hang in there and please keep us posted as we care about both of you.:hugs:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(Echoing your thoughts and feelings, neely neely !) Elvis turns up his nose at food out of the refrigerator, too; and warming would change its flavor. I'll try your formula, Cindy -- it might help to encourage him!
(BTW, I know you don't feed Geoffrey fish formulae, but Nala makes 2 squeeze-ups without chicken: tuna, and tuna & salmon.)

Last edited:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I worried about Levi's teeth too when he wouldn't want to eat, and they were absolutely fine. We could only speculate, but his digestive system was so sensitive we said it was made out of crackled glass. There was no reason we could see why he'd suddenly not feel well, we didn't change anything, but he went through these "I feel off" times and refuse food and hide. I wish they could talk.
Tag was very sick 8 years ago. In his recovery, he was eating 6 small meals a day, and I warmed them. He'd eat it cold, but it sat so much easier on him when it was gently warmed. If Geoffrey likes it warmed, I'd warm it up too.
I'll echo neely neely and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 . I'd avoid putting G under unless it were life threatening for now. He didn't react well to the vaccine, and luckily it seemed short lived. With his system, anesthetic would really scare me, and this has nothing to do with his vet or the technicians because I know they work hard and do a great job monitoring patients. JMO...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey-- OMG...
Yesterday was a very busy day for me. Geoffrey did eat his breakfast (canned food); however boycotted eating more of ti the rest of the day; being fussy.
Bad Mama came out... He was rebelling against Bad Mama.. It was a challenge to see who would win.
I was in and out of apartment all day.

When I was home, having a very quick lunch, coffee, G was all over me! Crying, pacing, exploring.. getting into trouble.
I was sipping some coffee, when I heard a CRASH, BANG..
The Little Sh*t had jumped on top of the Refrigerator, knocking over the 12 inch box fan I keep up there!! Thank goodness it was unplugged. The fan was on the floor--intact, with the plug falling into his wet Food... DAM...
Bad Boy--- Fresh..
When I looked to see where Geoffrey ran to-- after the crash, he was calmly looking out the window. He looked at me with a 'meow'... BAD BOY

When I finished cleaning the plug, and checking out the fan, for broken pieces, Geoffrey decided to use his litter box.. dig, dig, dig, dig--- all the way to China!
After he was done, I went into the bathroom (where the box is).. I freaked out!! FRESH BOY!! WHAT DID YOU DO?? FRESH.. fresh..
I swear about half the litter was on the floor, a bunch on the entrance to the huge box.. The floor was a mess!!
I had to Swiffer it into a mound, Swiffer the kitchen floor, and then vacuum it up!! OMG>> FRESH..

Geoffrey was such a brat yesterday!
He was still refusing the rest of the canned food... Well, he got it, later. He ran under the bed, due to a noise. I took the food over to him, under the bed--- talk about spoiled! He ate most of it.. So, his reward was getting his dry food!!

This morning, he was sitting in front of the fireplace. I had it on, just to get the chill out of the living area. I took out a wand toy. We played for a few minutes. Geoffrey was actually jumping up to get the toy!! WOW...
He ate only a small amount of his breakfast, then went to lie on top of my bed. I added more water to his food, took it over to him. He ate all of it! So Spoiled.

Yes, Geoffrey was more like himself... fingers crossed. The night before, when I could not sleep and was watching TV around midnight, He decided to jump onto the top of his cat tree, and chase his tail...

Not changing his meds.. on 1/2 dose of Mirataz, nightly. He needs it.
He is losing fur, from either the steroid or the chemo.., in patches.. but.. he is acting ok.. He still has his bad days...
Tried cutting his nails yesterday.. nope. He was such a terror.. Actually tried to bite me!! dam cat!

I love this little boy so much..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey-- OMG...
Yesterday was a very busy day for me. Geoffrey did eat his breakfast (canned food); however boycotted eating more of ti the rest of the day; being fussy.
Bad Mama came out... He was rebelling against Bad Mama.. It was a challenge to see who would win.
I was in and out of apartment all day.

When I was home, having a very quick lunch, coffee, G was all over me! Crying, pacing, exploring.. getting into trouble.
I was sipping some coffee, when I heard a CRASH, BANG..
The Little Sh*t had jumped on top of the Refrigerator, knocking over the 12 inch box fan I keep up there!! Thank goodness it was unplugged. The fan was on the floor--intact, with the plug falling into his wet Food... DAM...
Bad Boy--- Fresh..
When I looked to see where Geoffrey ran to-- after the crash, he was calmly looking out the window. He looked at me with a 'meow'... BAD BOY

When I finished cleaning the plug, and checking out the fan, for broken pieces, Geoffrey decided to use his litter box.. dig, dig, dig, dig--- all the way to China!
After he was done, I went into the bathroom (where the box is).. I freaked out!! FRESH BOY!! WHAT DID YOU DO?? FRESH.. fresh..
I swear about half the litter was on the floor, a bunch on the entrance to the huge box.. The floor was a mess!!
I had to Swiffer it into a mound, Swiffer the kitchen floor, and then vacuum it up!! OMG>> FRESH..

Geoffrey was such a brat yesterday!
He was still refusing the rest of the canned food... Well, he got it, later. He ran under the bed, due to a noise. I took the food over to him, under the bed--- talk about spoiled! He ate most of it.. So, his reward was getting his dry food!!

This morning, he was sitting in front of the fireplace. I had it on, just to get the chill out of the living area. I took out a wand toy. We played for a few minutes. Geoffrey was actually jumping up to get the toy!! WOW...
He ate only a small amount of his breakfast, then went to lie on top of my bed. I added more water to his food, took it over to him. He ate all of it! So Spoiled.

Yes, Geoffrey was more like himself... fingers crossed. The night before, when I could not sleep and was watching TV around midnight, He decided to jump onto the top of his cat tree, and chase his tail...

Not changing his meds.. on 1/2 dose of Mirataz, nightly. He needs it.
He is losing fur, from either the steroid or the chemo.., in patches.. but.. he is acting ok.. He still has his bad days...
Tried cutting his nails yesterday.. nope. He was such a terror.. Actually tried to bite me!! dam cat!

I love this little boy so much..
Can you blame Bad Cat, when Bad Mama cramps his style?:flail:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I couldn't help but laugh a little at his knocking over the fan and sending litter into orbit! :lol: When Tag still felt good, he developed a habit of standing up and gently dragging any kitchen towel that was peeking over the edge of a cabinet onto the floor to see if it contained any leftover goodies. I shamelessly encouraged it and would set up a towel with some treats on it and actively encourage him to reach up and drag it down so he could get those treats. It's cute, and it keeps their minds and bodies active.
I don't really care if my pets are spoiled when it comes to their food, especially if they need to eat for a medical reason. I'll add any toppers they want, soak it in broth, warm it up, or add finely chopped meat on top. If it makes them happy it makes me happy too. :)

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I wrote that post to show you how Geoffrey acts when he is feeling good. He is funny.. and spoiled. He knows it.

Because I have been having very busy days this week, Since Sunday, I am getting up very early. Alarm is set to the same time I used to get up for work---10 years ago.
I do not sleep well.. lots of reasons-- mostly bedroom is too hot.. I cannot adjust the heat anymore, except for opening the window a crack.
Geoffrey has decided to wake me up BEFORE my alarm goes off!! This morning, he actually walked up to my ear, and YELLING in it. It was loud enough to wake the Dead!
All of this is because he wanted his litter box Scooped!! amazing! No play this morning.

I do think the mirataz is causing him to be more vocal.. Not what I need!
~~
I am finally emotionally a lot improved. Too much happened to me in too short a time period. It had been mounting up since September.. too much, for too long.. The newspaper article and the toxic woman was the straw that broke me. I finally realized that a week ago. I was having a PTSD attack, reminder, from when I was working-- the same kind of bullying.
Yup, that bad. Once I realized why I was reacting that way, it seemed to 'break the dam'...
I want to thank you all for listening to me.
Yeah, she admitted her SON is taking English comp in college.. She still edits his papers!! OMG>> Control freak..
I have decided we just cannot get along.. I am avoiding contact with her as much as I can. Being a writer on the newspaper is making it difficult to avoid her. I may take a months break.. But..

No one is irreplaceable. There is another person who wants to write.. but she cannot. She has some cognitive issues. Her article is all jumbled. Another woman and myself had to practically re-write the last half of it.. The other day, this toxic person, asked me to work on the first half of the article. Not what I want to do.. but I think she feels this is a way of making me feel "important'... dam
At the last 2 meetings, the editing people were only me, another writer, and the toxic woman..I feel the newspaper may end up collapsing..
~~~~
Got enough of Geoffrey's meds to last through out the winter--- except for Cerenia, which I rarely use, and does not seem to help him. This way, I do not have to worry about driving into Boston to pick them up..The weather is worsening.. so I feel better about this. It was very expensive, but... worth it.
Dropped off Christmas gifts to The IMVEt and his staff.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wrote that post to show you how Geoffrey acts when he is feeling good. He is funny.. and spoiled. He knows it.

Because I have been having very busy days this week, Since Sunday, I am getting up very early. Alarm is set to the same time I used to get up for work---10 years ago.
I do not sleep well.. lots of reasons-- mostly bedroom is too hot.. I cannot adjust the heat anymore, except for opening the window a crack.
Geoffrey has decided to wake me up BEFORE my alarm goes off!! This morning, he actually walked up to my ear, and YELLING in it. It was loud enough to wake the Dead!
All of this is because he wanted his litter box Scooped!! amazing! No play this morning.

I do think the mirataz is causing him to be more vocal.. Not what I need!
~~
I am finally emotionally a lot improved. Too much happened to me in too short a time period. It had been mounting up since September.. too much, for too long.. The newspaper article and the toxic woman was the straw that broke me. I finally realized that a week ago. I was having a PTSD attack, reminder, from when I was working-- the same kind of bullying.
Yup, that bad. Once I realized why I was reacting that way, it seemed to 'break the dam'...
I want to thank you all for listening to me.
Yeah, she admitted her SON is taking English comp in college.. She still edits his papers!! OMG>> Control freak..
I have decided we just cannot get along.. I am avoiding contact with her as much as I can. Being a writer on the newspaper is making it difficult to avoid her. I may take a months break.. But..

No one is irreplaceable. There is another person who wants to write.. but she cannot. She has some cognitive issues. Her article is all jumbled. Another woman and myself had to practically re-write the last half of it.. The other day, this toxic person, asked me to work on the first half of the article. Not what I want to do.. but I think she feels this is a way of making me feel "important'... dam
At the last 2 meetings, the editing people were only me, another writer, and the toxic woman..I feel the newspaper may end up collapsing..
~~~~
Got enough of Geoffrey's meds to last through out the winter--- except for Cerenia, which I rarely use, and does not seem to help him. This way, I do not have to worry about driving into Boston to pick them up..The weather is worsening.. so I feel better about this. It was very expensive, but... worth it.
Dropped off Christmas gifts to The IMVEt and his staff.
What an adorable picture you paint of Geoffrey coming up and YELLING in your ear for you to scoop his box! *Yes, I know, it probably wasn't "adorable" as it was happening, but you've got to admit it makes the cutest mental picture!*:angrycat::insertevillaugh:
That's great planning! I'm a planner myself so I always love to see it when others do so.
Hoping you will be pleasantly surprised and the matter will iron itself out re: the paper.