Genna

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn’t going to post this but I need to out of respect for Genna cat. On Friday 2/18/22 our almost (4 days away) 18 year old lady bug crossed the bridge from old age. We just lost Slinky on December 23, 2021 so we were still hurting. Genna had been slowly declining and I think the loss of her sister was just too much for her as she gave up. She died in my 9 year old sons arms as we all laid on my bed so she was surrounded by her people. Our 14 year old cat Domino refused to come near and hid in the bathroom. It’s 4 days later and I’m still so numb. Losing 2 cats in 2 months takes a huge piece of your heart. I have comfort though in knowing they were loved by me and they loved me.
Genna “Lady Bug”, mommy will love you for eternity and I miss you with all my being. You’re young and playing with your sisters on the other side of the rainbow bridge. Until we meet again (“Big hands I know you’re the one”) Genna my polydactyl love bug.

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:hearthrob::redheartpump::redheartpump::hearthrob:Thank you for sharing and giving Genna a home in our memorial to our lost loved ones. RIP to Genna - and to Slinky. :angel3::angel3: So much loss in so little time; it is so sad. But you have the better picture overall in knowing how much you cared for them, how much they loved you for it, and how much they gave you in return. That is what counts the most! We all lose our loved ones eventually but knowing the loving relationship that endured through their lives - and will continue to endure beyond - is the most precious thing on earth. Share as much as you want here to pay tribute to Genna (and Slinky) to honor their lives.

And a big loving, everlasting hug to Domino - take care of him, he is mourning too. :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FeebysOwner FeebysOwner
Thank you you made me feel comforted. And I have focused all my attention on Domino as it is taking its toll on him. As usual he sleeps in my bed at night but during the day he sleeps in Gennas favorite spot which he never had before. My belief is you bring a cat in your home and they are yours until one of you passes on. It hurts as they pass sooner than us but they will always hold a part of my heart and be forever a part of me.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Genna, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on your family's hearts forever.

I am so sorry. So much loss, in such a short time! I know your heart is breaking. This is the deepest Truth I know, love never dies, it is purified and translated, and continues on, now Love. And Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. From her place in That Place Where All Things Are Known, Gemma blesses you for your love and care, and she sends her Love back to you, to walk beside your family down through all their days. Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your sweet Genna is honored with your beautiful tribute and the love and thoughts her wonderful family is sending her way. To have a family that loves you so much is one of the best things in life, she was so fortunate to have what she wanted most. To die at home, in the arms of your family is a rarity, I'm so happy for her, I pray she had a speedy trip to her place of peace. I know she did because her soul flies on the love you have sent her way. The bond your family has with her has been built over years of happiness and closeness, it is something that is a permanent part of your soul and can never be taken from you. There it will reside, growing even stronger with each new love that enters and resides beside it, basking in the sunshine that love and happiness bring. Go forward into life and live it as you would have wanted for her to go on if you were the first to go. She would want no less for those she loves so very much.
Take care of yourself, these are times of sadness. But life goes on, the sun will rise tomorrow, just as sure as her love which will forever shine in your soul. Bless you and your family for loving that little girl.....RIP sweet Genna. You are with your sister now and will be forevermore. You will never be forgotten, you will have secure places in loving hearts for eternity. may the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, no, I'm so sorry, both for the loss of Genna, and the heartbreak of losing two in such a short amount of time. So sweet that she was able to pass surrounded by her loving family. My heart goes out to you. :hugs:

Rest in peace, little Genna. :rbheart:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This is horrible, so much to deal with in two months for you and also her, but she is fine now, just fine, they both are, and when you meet again one day it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart: