GEICO insurance -- good bad, or ?

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m considering switching from State Farm to GEICO for pure liability on my three vehicles.

Anyone have experience to share?

Consumer Reports readers rate them highly, but I’m curious for on the ground experiences.

The problem with State Farm is that they have jacked up premiums on two vehicles I hardly ever drive, to the point where it's more than my "daily driver" and it's absurd to keep paying that.

GEICO's offer reflects my daily driving habits much better.

Thanks to you all.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m considering switching from State Farm to GEICO for pure liability on my three vehicles.

Consumer Reports readers rate them highly, but I’m curious for on the ground experiences.

The problem with State Farm is that they have jacked up premiums on two vehicles I hardly ever drive, to the point where it's more than my "daily driver" and it's absurd to keep paying that.

Thanks to you all.
I don't know about GEICO, but we just switched from Allstate to New York Central Mutual, another company that CR rated highly. Our experience with NYCM goes back 15 years, to when we bought our house, and it has been uniformly good. Our premium, for both house and vehicle, is less for a full year than what Allstate was charging for our vehicle alone for only 6 months.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks to you all.
I've been using GEICO for years and like them. No issues.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have GEICO but with doing ambulance billing they are one of the liability insurers that I deal with. They are good as far as being knowledgeable over the phone about claims, having an online portal which cuts out a lot of phone calls and with paying claims.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Nicole has it and loves their service. Didn't raise when she had an accident recently in which she was cited.