Geet's Memorial 3/23/1996 - 8/19/2015

razzle1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm finally posting this here as i couldn't figure out how.

It's coming up on 2 years and i still miss him so. One minute i'm fine and the next i just brake down and cry. He was in stage 4 CRF. I had been force feeding him for 8 months when he finally told me enough. He was nauseous from dehydration and i didn't have the money to take him to the vets for fluids otherwise he would of lived longer and been able to eat. I know i shouldn't blame myself but sometimes i can't help it. He was 19 1/2 years old and a sweet boy. I didn't really appreciate him and the love he had for me until Razzle died. I'm sorry my sweet boy. He was the one who was at the door when i came home.

I'm so glad i had him euthanized at home as he was not afraid and he went very peacefully.

Love you, love you always. You left paw prints on my heart.

Kathy
thttps://youtu.be/_CCTztUdtXo

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a beautiful touching video tribute. Geet sounded like he was a very special little guy. RIP sweet boy

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pain of losing your precious Geet is equal to the love you have for him. He had a wonderfully long, happy life, there was no way you could let him suffer at the end. Time helps to teach you to cope with the emptiness in your home and your heart, use your precious memories of happier times to bring comfort. The bond you formed after over 19 years of loving is incredibly strong. It can never be taken from you. Love is a powerful force, it is not bound by physical laws, so is eternal and lives on after the body is too weak to go on.
Your sweet boy would never want to bring you pain. he loves you too much for that. Try to go on with your life, secure in knowing he would want happiness to come once again to your heart as you would want for him if you were the first to go. He left you a legacy of love to pass on, do good things in his name to honor his memory. Donate cat food and litter to your local shelter, donate your time to help socialize kittens. It helps to make you feel better about yourself, and keeps your mind and soul busy so as to not drown in your sadness.
I wish I could say it will all get better, but it is a long road to mend a broken heart and each person suffers and heals in a different way in their own time. We will always mourn for what we have lost, it is up to us to learn instead to celebrate having shared our life's journey with these beautiful companions, and to know for certain our lives were made better by having them in it. Don't think of it as a goodbye, think of it as 'until we meet again'. One day that sweet boy will once more greet you at the door......Take care of yourself, you are not alone in your grief......... RIP precious Geet, you were so very loved and will be until the end of time. There is a special place for you in the heart of the one who misses you so very much. The world mourns the loss of such a sweet boy, but the heavens rejoiced in gaining another angel. Sleep tight, pleasant dreams, little Prince!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for posting the tribute. I laughed and cried at the same time.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I, also, laughed and cried. What a beautiful tribute to a very special cat!

Rest you gentle, Geet, dream you deep. You are never for one moment forgotten.