Gave Up On New Car & Will Feed Feral Far Better Foods From Now On

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I gotta an older Ford pickup rust-free, runs good, good on gas, cheap repairs but..wanted a new vehicle. O well aint gonna be, so instead i am...using the car savings to feed cats--our indoor, her eye surgery was huge almost 4K bill last month &...the feral tom who i been feeding over 2 yrs now.

Was giving both RadCat raw but runnin low thus need to transition fast. Feral eats ANYTHING thus I feel bad givin him Friskies slop. I'm cheap that is why I tried it--- but my conscience can't do it to him! Knowing I'm comprimising him---to save ME $ aint right.

Money is not meant to be hoarded when qual of ferl's life is at stake---& so I give him upgrade quality. I ONLY will try to feed him Castor & Pollux Organix Chicken Recipe Grain free from tomorrow on ---after I buy 48 cans at Petsmart, price matching at there store--- the Chewys.com price online---of less than $40.00/per case of 24---the sister company of Petsmart.

I did not know it til called yest to Petsmart & was told it. Hurray as here I come tom. morn for my 2 cases of 24 ea.

Please consider trying ur ferals on this healthier food --- if u can at all try it. TY :)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes a tried and true truck will save you money in the long run compared to a used one that might not be what the seller says it is, or new off-the-factory-line vehicle that probably has some bugs and kinks to work out ;)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
a tried and true truck will save you money in the long run
:yeah: exactly. There's a '93 Ford F150 I know of that will not be replaced, because it can't be. The engine isn't made any more, and the steel in the body is the best.

By the way, my boy gets Friskies along with other brands such as Merrick Backcountry :)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
A friend of mine drives a 1992 Ford F 150 Flare Side and it is still running excellently and the only thing it needed recently was a new paint job. I agree that the old truck may have more life in it than you think.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
TY all!:)

I bought 50 total cans today, of 3 flavors all grain-free & Organic, from 'Castor Pollux Organix Pate Recipe'. The Turkey, Chicken & a Chick/liver combo.

Got almost approx $1.50/can deal on each of flavors. So, now have 51 cans & will use 1 2nite on feral's dinner. He ate 1 Chicken 5.5oz can this at 6am in morn.

Hope he likes the Turkey & the combo Chick/Liver ones too, in upcoming days. We will see ;)

My cats are eating the new truck money :(

Hahahahaaa...it ain't THAT funny is it? I know I'm nuts now.:)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TY all!:)

I bought 50 total cans today, of 3 flavors all grain-free & Organic, from 'Castor Pollux Organix Pate Recipe'. The Turkey, Chicken & a Chick/liver combo.

Got almost approx $1.50/can deal on each of flavors. So, now have 51 cans & will use 1 2nite on feral's dinner. He ate 1 Chicken 5.5oz can this at 6am in morn.

Hope he likes the Turkey & the combo Chick/Liver ones too, in upcoming days. We will see ;)

My cats are eating the new truck money :(

Hahahahaaa...it ain't THAT funny is it? I know I'm nuts now.:)
Keep in mind, you can feed them good food and cut costs. Sometimes stores will sell dented cans at a discount. Some butcher shops are happy to give or sell for cheap meat scraps you could give them (raw or cooked). If you know any farmer types, ask around if anyone raises meat rabbits. Rabbit is an excellent food for cats and whoever raises meat rabbits knows where to go for processing. You might get a good deal. Cats love things like chicken hearts and gizzards and most grocery stores have these available for dirt cheap, and they'd be a really good addition to their new diet and a good way to stretch your budget.