Garfield, a success story

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Back in early May one of the clients that I met through my work at Sights for Hope told me that her cat had died and she was looking for another one, and I told her "you've come to the right place" as I always know of several that could use a forever home. She said she was looking at around the end of July, so when that time hit I checked on one that I helped deliver to the vet quite awhile ago but they said that she is now used to other cats but this lady only wants and can afford one so that didn't work, but at least that one is inside being fostered so she already basically has a home. So I turned to Virginia, the kind hearted lady that feeds, takes care of and worries about the stray cats in her neighborhood, the lady that I got my Sylvester from, and they told of a big orange guy that she called "Garfield" that was there, living outside, very friendly, slow, she was afraid that he would get hit by a car since he didn't move too fast, so I told this client about him, and to cut right to the chase we got it done, mostly thanks to a lady who works with the Humane Society who set up the vet appointment at the vet which is right NEXT DOOR to where I work, how helpful was that?! And she actually told the client that "just seeing him get a good home and getting off the streets is payment enough" and she footed the whole bill!!! I wanted to give her some money just to help out but she refused, told me that when her mother passed a few years ago she was left money and she is using it to help strays and people, how wonderful is she?!! I then took him and the client home, she lives in an apartment but there is more than enough room for them, she can't see well but can see him since he is orange, and he was very relaxed and calm when he was inside her place, didn't run or hide, he had been checked for fleas and had none which was amazing, got shots, had his ears cleaned so he had the works yet he seemed so calm, like he knew that this was his new home already, and she told me the next day that he gave her a head bump, a kiss and a love bite lol!!!

So this was a win-win-win-win situation, she got a friend, he got a home, Virginia doesn't have to worry about him anymore and I am so so happy. Thank God for people like that who take care of and help God's little creatures....

I'll try to post some pictures when we get some but I just wanted to share this great story with all!! It make my heart smile.....:rbheart: :clapcat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I just talked to Kim to see how Garfield is doing, she said he suddenly went into hiding last Thursday! I told her it must've all hit him what he went through, to play string toys with him and give him some treats and he will eventually come out on his terms and she knows this. She says he is hiding behind a double chair, she hears him banging around back there. But he is eating and drinking and using the litter box so he is okay, just needs time to process all the changes. Sylvester hid behind a sofa for a month when we got him and Simba hid in the kitchen under the counter for quite awhile too, so they will do that.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like he's doing well using the litter and eating well. Garfield is a lucky boy you found him his forever home with someone who understands that he'll come out when he's ready. Thank you for the update. :rock: