Gardening blues

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mom used to make her own seed trays. She'd use shallow take out containers that she saved by the dozens :rolleyes: Even the flimsy tin foil ones got washed and stashed away somewhere for "later use". Sometimes she bought peat pots but mostly she just turned newspaper into little pots.

Maybe I should suggest to the "Sustainability Team" at work to consider putting in garden somewhere and selling the produce to employees or donating to a food bank or something. Roof gardens are kind of popular around here.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom used to make her own seed trays. She'd use shallow take out containers that she saved by the dozens :rolleyes: Even the flimsy tin foil ones got washed and stashed away somewhere for "later use". Sometimes she bought peat pots but mostly she just turned newspaper into little pots.

Maybe I should suggest to the "Sustainability Team" at work to consider putting in garden somewhere and selling the produce to employees or donating to a food bank or something. Roof gardens are kind of popular around here.

Egg cartons also work well. You tear off the top and use the egg holders to hold starter soil and the seedlings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I will print out the form and get some of the seeds. I also passed it along to a local school that I helped plant a garden with the students a few years ago in case they are interested.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think I will print out the form and get some of the seeds. I also passed it along to a local school that I helped plant a garden with the students a few years ago in case they are interested.
Just keep an eye on the date. It ends on the 13th. :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Came across this today. Maybe something to incorporate in our garden designs. Then again, maybe not. :lol:

1585339129744.png

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ordered my seeds this week. They should arrive by Monday. It’s still too early to plant except maybe peas. But Burpee was sold out of a lot already and I can’t shop in store like I planned; so I’m trying Park Seeds this year.

I’m thinking of trying carrots in my tall pots. Then I can dump to harvest! I got 3 kinds of beans too. 2 bush and one pole. So I need to come up with a trellis for those. I think I have everything I need for one but I need to search the shed. I’m going to try corn too. I need to read up and see if I can do one long row against my fence line or maybe two. It would add some privacy. :lol: The guy across the street might be willing to bring over their tiller and do it for a little money.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a new daylily catalog in the mail today, and their daylilies are gorgeous. I hope it stops raining long enough for me to get outside and get the bed prepared.