Game - I've done this; have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have sailed forward and backwards 3 times in a merchant ship between South America and Europe.and took turns with the other 12 passengers to dine alone with the Captain in his cabine.

Have you or have you had a similar experience?
​No.

Have you ever sailed on the Queen Mary? I stood on her where she's rusting away in Long Beach, California.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, not on the Queen Mary. I believe she has become a tourist Hotel in Long Beach, California.

Back in 1967 , during the American Prsidents Conference Summit in Punta del Este, I was a single passenger on a small plane  
     flying from Montevideo to P.D Este with  an automatic pilot while the human pilot in charge sat chatting by my side.

Have you undergone such an experience or some simular situation?

Last edited:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Believe it or not, I have never set foot in Barneys. I tend to stick to the stores that existed when I lived in the city. Bergdorf Goodman, etc., etc.

Have you walked the High Line in Manhattan?

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yes. We don't have a slide for our pool, but my sister has one.

Have you ever tried to "dress" a lawn ornament? We put scarves on Rupert, the Gargoyle for Christmas.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I want to though

As a child I used to take turtles found on the road, home for a pet. Have you done this?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have rescued many turtles from the road but I bring them to a nearby lake. I do not take them home.

Do you feed the birds or squirrels near your home?

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I'd be afraid my kitty would kill the birds when they go to a feeder and we don't have squirrels here.

Have you woken up too early before the alarm went off and couldn't go back to sleep?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
No. 

I used to, though. Many,many years ago, when Rick had to be to work by 5:00, he was getting up at 4:00. I didn't have to be to work until 7 and there was no way I was getting up at 4:00, so he would reset the alarm. I didn't sleep through it, but I would get up, out of bed, stumble over to the bureau, turn the alarm off, and go back to bed. And then rush around, trying to get to work on time. He got tired of that, so one morning, he put the alarm clock up inside the ceiling light.

Well, the alarm went off and I ran around the bedroom, trying to find the blasted thing. Under the bed, in bureau drawers, in the closet. Cussing loudly the whole time and threatening Dear Richard with all kinds of bodily harm. I finally figured out it was up inside the ceiling light and stood up in the bed, grabbed the damn thing, shut it off, and threw it in the closet. And went back to bed. And overslept. When I woke up again, I was already an hour late for work as it was, so I just didn't bother to go in at all. Rick was not happy. With that job, if I didn't go into work, I didn't get paid.

Somewhere along the line, I've become a morning person (not by choice, though) and it's really, really rare that I can even sleep in anymore. It just doesn't happen. We also have five furry alarm clocks that you can't throw into a closet! 

Have you ever given yourself a facial?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pam, why is that you & Rick still get up so early? Do you start early, but get off work at like 4 p.m. or something?

When I was a young girl experimenting with beauty products, I did give myself facials. But when I discovered the real thing, which I adore, I stopped.

Have you been to the Great Lakes area?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick has to be to be at work by 6:45, so he has to leave the house by 6:10. I have to be to work by 8:00, but usually go in around 7:00 so that I can have some peace and quiet before the Chickens ( the secretaries) get in there. But the cats start screaming for breakfast around 4:30 or so on a good morning; on a bad morning, they can start yelling around 3:30. So I'm usually awake at that time. Even on weekends. Nobody gets breakfast, though, before 5:00, so we let them yell. As long as we have cats, we will never be able to sleep in. And I'm so used to that time now, that even if we go on vacation, I still awaken around 4 or 4:30. I stay in bed, but I'm wide awake.

I have been to the Great Lakes area.

Have you ever been to Niagara-on-the-Lake?

Status
Not open for further replies.